Miller Trackday Campers

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Trackday checklist

OK guys, sorry it took soo long to get all the information.  But Miller Motorsports Park's website sucks and it took many many calls to get the info I have now.  
beerchug.gif

First, the camping situation isn't exactly what we were expecting.  There isn't a tent camp site and the RV camping spots are gravel and on the other side of the track.  Camping in the Paddock is allowed, but not in tents or on the ground.  Desert Peak Complex has a tent camping site, but its just a grassy field with no designated spots and the RV camping spots are basically parking spots.  Additionally there are no fires on the ground allowed.  But Rich is going to get a "patio-fire" thingy that is allowed.  It basically keeps the fire off the ground and contained.

We have ruled out Desert Peak Complex because they lock up at 6pm on Sun and 8pm on Mon.  Meaning we'd be locked in or out until 7am  
crazy.gif

And we ruled out the RV camping spots at the track because of there location and gravel isn't very cool for camping.

So here's is what Rich, Vinny and I(and everyone else who wants to  
biggrin.gif
 ) are going to do.  For $26.50 a night per camping vehicle(vehicles people sleep in), we are going to sleep in Rich's and Vinny's trailers.   There is plenty of floor space for all who want camp with us  
beerchug.gif
  So that'll run the whole group $53 a night.  Air mattresses are recommended  
wink.gif

Showers are located at 2 locations.  
Desert Peak Complex(on the other side of the street from the track).  Cost is $1, but they close at 6pm on Sun and 8pm on Mon-Sat.
Flying J truckstop.  Exit 99 off of I-80. 1605 East Saddleback Blvd Lake Point, UT 84074, about 5 miles away.  $6.50 24/7
TA Travel Center.  Next to the Flying J.  

The restrooms are open all night at the paddock.

Paddock garages cost $75 a day and are locked up at night at 6pm.
Pit lane garages cost $175 a day and are locked up at 6pm also.
So no sleeping in those, but if anyone was interested in garages those are the rates.

Vinny, Rich and I are planning on eating Breakfast/lunch/dinner at the paddock, but we'll probably go out on the town for night/dinner.  After 6pm, you need one of the 2 camping passes for readmittance into the track.  So if we do all go out, we'll have to all cram into 2 vehilces or buy another camping pass for $26.50.

Pets are allowed on a leash.  And we'll definately have 2 dogs there  
wink.gif

For anyone who said they wanted to camp, but have chnaged their minds, we didn't forget about you  
beerchug.gif
   I made 2 room reservations at the Hampton Inn in Tooele, no pets.  Its about 6-7 miles away.  Room rates are $109 a night for 1 person and $119 for 2 people, the other hotels in Tooele are sold out.  I made 2 reservations with my Federal agent  
tounge.gif
discount.  2 queen beds for $100 a night and 1 king bed for $90 a night.  I made them checking in on 8/31 and checking out 9/3.  We can adjust the dates and I'll have to flash my badge
tounge.gif
in order to get the discounted rates.  Vinny's badge
tounge.gif
will work too.  I'll cancel the rooms if no one wants them.  24hr cancellation, so no rush.

That's about everything I think.  Any questions, post them up or call me at 310 415-6859.

beerchug.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Next,
I'm going to make a list of who's bringing what.  This way we don't forget anything and we don't bring too much of anything  
wink.gif

We'll figure what food to buy there, so I'm not going to list any breakfast/lunch/dinner foods in the list.

So let me know what you're bringing, PM me, and I'll update the list  
beerchug.gif

Charles              Rich                    Vinny               Brian            Ryan            Owen&Kris             Lou&Nan
Easy-up         Casa BA BUSA        Mini Casa DD                         Easy-up          Charcoal                     4 chairs
2 chairs          Patio-fire-box        Lamb-Chop                           Tools               Table                       skillet
68qt cooler      Easy-up               Easy-up                            Spare parts          Wok                        sauce pan
fire wood          Table                                                                                                            48qt cooler                    
Table         Extra bike stand                                                                                                        Tools
Marshmellows    Tools                                                                                                              Chimney Fire Starter
Tools             Spare parts                                                                                                         Charcoal
floor fan          floor fan                                                                                                             Mesquite Smoker Chips
lantern        Propane Stove                                                                                                      Smokey Joe Barb.
....................Propane                                                                                                             Good beer for Rich
....................7 chairs
....................2 lanterns
....................skillet
....................2 sauce pans
....................paper plates
....................plastic cups
....................48 qt cooler
....................80qt cooler
....................weber grill
....................smok'in joe grill
....................5gal drink cooler
....................10gals of gatoraide
....................5gals of water
....................barb utensils
....................a little bit of charcoal
....................plenty of lighter fluid
....................generator
....................compressor&lines
....................leathers for Lou

We need someone to volunteer to bring more;
Firewood, since I won't arrive until late Sat night
Power inverter if anyone has one, don't go buy one
More tables

Heads-Up

Before anyone goes out and buys something... tools, whatever

Post-up here first, someone may already have it and bring for you
wink.gif

Here's a concept idea of our camp area in the paddock.

Its a work in progress, add any ideas or suggests.

Obivously things will change if Owen&Friend or Lou&Nan don't camp and if the Hong's are going to camp in paddock or elsewhere.

qp.jpg

I gotta see if the wiff is up for camping. I'm all for it but . . . .

--Wag--

Okay, the wiff is up for the camping. We'll bring the following:

Smokey Joe BBQ w/Charcoal and chimney fire starter and mesquite smoker chips
4 chairs
skillet
sauce pan
cooler (48 qt?)
tools

I'll toss a buncha crap in the truck before we head out just in case. Groceries, we'll pick up when we get there.

If you plan on drinking, they have NO good beer in Utah so bring what you can from out of state, guys!

--Wag--

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 18 2007,08:05) I need a COLD  
all_coholic.gif
Hey BA. What's the running wattage of your generator? If there's enough wattage left over, I was wondering if I could plug my tire warmers in. I'll prolly need at least 1000 watts. I'll be more than happy to supply several extra gallons of gas just to run it.

If not, I'll just bring mine. But if you've got tons of extra power leftover, it's just one less thing for me to worry about bringing.

Allright! +1 for camping. Lamb will bring another air mattress if we need! If we get some more 5 gallon waters we can just shower using gravity!

Charles! Put Rich's trailer on one side and Vinny's on the other with the doors facing toward each other bookcasing the whole site! You car in the middle. Just a suggestion!

It looks like there'll be tons of extra food there. I won't bring any unless someone wants me to pitch in some sort of goodie, I'll bring it.

Oh, I'll be bringing lots of bottled water and gatorade too. Generator (unless Rich has some extra power reserved for my warmers), tools, lubes and extra misc parts and fluids. EZ-UP. hmmmm.....I'll think of other things.

Lamb is happy to pitch in money for food and the like! Gonna be riding the missile up to Vinnies b4 the big drive so oppurtunities to bring some stuff is limited! Thanks for doing the homework Charles! You are the man!

(gtrpimp76 @ Jul. 17 2007,20:06)
(BA BUSA @ Jul. 18 2007,08:05) I need a COLD  
all_coholic.gif
Hey BA. What's the running wattage of your generator? If there's enough wattage left over, I was wondering if I could plug my tire warmers in. I'll prolly need at least 1000 watts. I'll be more than happy to supply several extra gallons of gas just to run it.

If not, I'll just bring mine. But if you've got tons of extra power leftover, it's just one less thing for me to worry about bringing.
I'll have to check...it's a commercial one that we use at work...should be at least 5-6000 watts
wink.gif

I'm bringing it for you
tounge.gif

(Lamb busa @ Jul. 17 2007,20:09) ...Charles!  Put Rich's trailer on one side and Vinny's on the other with the doors facing toward each other bookcasing the whole site!  You car in the middle.  Just a suggestion!
We're trying to keep the fire pit and the cooking area on one side and the bikes and any
other "flammable" types on the other  
AAAssjani.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Jul. 17 2007,20:10) It looks like there'll be tons of extra food there. I won't bring any unless someone wants me to pitch in some sort of goodie, I'll bring it.

Oh, I'll be bringing lots of bottled water and gatorade too. Generator (unless Rich has some extra power reserved for my warmers), tools, lubes and extra misc parts and fluids. EZ-UP. hmmmm.....I'll think of other things.
In Pahrump I broght 5 gals of gatorade...for Miller 10 gals should do the trick
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 17 2007,20:28)
(Lamb busa @ Jul. 17 2007,20:09) ...Charles!  Put Rich's trailer on one side and Vinny's on the other with the doors facing toward each other bookcasing the whole site!  You car in the middle.  Just a suggestion!
We're trying to keep the fire pit and the cooking area on one side and the bikes and any
AAAssjani.gif
Both sides are easier to see at night and so on if their is a smaller profile vehicle in the middle! Ain't no thing but a chicken wing!

(Lamb busa @ Jul. 17 2007,20:50)
(BA BUSA @ Jul. 17 2007,20:28)
AAAssjani.gif
Both sides are easier to see at night and so on if their is a smaller profile vehicle in the middle!   Ain't no thing but a chicken wing!
We don't have to have anything in the middle...just want to maintain a safe "kill zone"
laugh.gif

Back