Military Motorcycle Safety Poster

gabusa

Donating Member
Registered
Hi All,

Yours truly and my beast are on the new installation poster for Joint Base McGuire/Dix/Lakehurst.

Bike Safety Poster 1 FIN 6-2011.jpg

Bike Safety Poster Design 2VB FIN 6-2011.jpg

:bowdown: for safety reasons they wouldn't allow a black Busa to be pictured :laugh:

Congrats, looking good :bowdown:

I remember when I was in the Marines back in the mid 80's it was a royal pain. Had a goldwing in my youth, go figure, and jeesh it was a hassle with the regs.

I remember when they started making us wear these reflective vests... lol. one of the guys put reflective tape on the back in the shape of a bullseye..... :rofl:. I thought it was funny but some others did not...

yeah it can be a pain in the arse sometimes, but if you do down and you're not wearing the proper gear, your spouse doesn't get the insurance money:rulez: i wear my gear all the time anyways, just not the gay reflective vest:beerchug:

Yes the vest is very gay IMO and I don't wear mine either. It's just another thing that cagers don't pay any attention to when driving but living up in the Ft. Dix area I guess anything will help if the military says so.....:whistle:

well the reason i was told we don't have to wear the reflective vest anymore because if it was mandatory the military would have to issue every motorcyclist a vest. that could get quite pricey.

well the reason i was told we don't have to wear the reflective vest anymore because if it was mandatory the military would have to issue every motorcyclist a vest. that could get quite pricey.

Each base can set their own directive for motorcycle protective gear. It was a pain down in florida when 3 out of 4 bases did not require a reflective vest, but that last one had to be a pain in the arse!!!!! My wife looked it up only to find out that there is no real DOD statute's, just base discretion. There really needs to be a SOP nationwide for base safety.

cool, every Marine Corps Base that I've been on done away with the vest.

Each base can set their own directive for motorcycle protective gear. It was a pain down in florida when 3 out of 4 bases did not require a reflective vest, but that last one had to be a pain in the arse!!!!! My wife looked it up only to find out that there is no real DOD statute's, just base discretion. There really needs to be a SOP nationwide for base safety.

cool, every Marine Corps Base that I've been on done away with the vest.

Did you hear about the new order coming out regarding PPE on motorcycles? It is on Amos' desk from what I have heard. Our Motorcycle rep would not speculate what was on the order but apparently there are some large changes.

With 3 guys caught doing 140+ and one doing 170+ for MCIEAST last month alone, I am sure there are some repercussions to come.

Very Cool.

Now if you could only get your McGuire air traffic controllers to stop being such lazy effing didwads and actually make a handoff to JFK instead of dropping us stone cold just as we're trying to enter one of the busiest airspaces in America. Sheesh, they handle one tenth the traffic as Philly right next door. And they speak wayyy too fast, just like the AF taught them in Texas, even when they're handling one freaking airplane and not a whole squad of fighters landing as a group. McGuire has the worst air service in the country. JFX and LAX are 1000 times busier, and they both give better service than McGuire. And you can pass that one on to the Base Commander! <RANT OFF>

"Color Worn Under Protest!"

i hate dressin like a pilon cone, but i do! when "they" quit runnin us over, i will dress in all black again!

:slook::deadhorse: until then, prefer yellow to orange. :laugh:

Back