Military care package for the sand

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Looking to get ideas on stuff to send in a care package to a service member in Iraq..

So anyone that has received care packages over there, or have sent care packages. can you post up the items that were sent.. and the items that seemed to go over the best...

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Toiletries:
Ointment
Chapstick
Baby wipes
Clorox wipes
Razors, shaving cream
Foot powder
Shampoo, conditioner
After shave lotion
Soap or body wash
Mouth wash
Deodorant

Gel insoles
Foot powder
T-shirts, underwear and socks
Sachets
Glade Stick-Ups
Blanket from home
A good sheet set
A big fluffy towel
An egg crate mattress pad
Febreeze
Toilet paper
Battery operated fan
Eye drops

General Stuff:
A small battery operated light
Batteries
Sunblock
A small sewing kit
A stress ball
CD/DVD disk cleaning kit
Stamps, paper and envelopes
Eyeglass cleaner
A phone card

Did I miss anything?

Might not believe it but American dirt and some seeds of some kind ...

Good list! We sent one for the holidays... When the guys wrote back to thank us, they really appreciated the stuff that reminded them of home during the Christmas season. We sent that spray on snow stuff - they loved it! Whatever holiday is approaching - send them stuff that is holiday related. They said it made them feel closer to the people they missed the most.

Books. I have a bunch of paperbacks I'll contribute to the package, just give me an address and they'll be on the way...

(Wire Dawg @ Mar. 17 2007,11:41) Books. I have a bunch of paperbacks I'll contribute to the package, just give me an address and they'll be on the way...
Sweet.. I will let you know when.

Coordinating with the person who's brother just went back to Iraq for his second tour. the care package is for him.

hand sanitizer, the little bottles are great for guys in the field. I sent a casae of them to my best friend when he was there and his soldiers loved them. Also, baby powder is great for getting sand off/out of things, so they always appreciated that as well.
cool.gif

(TXBusa05LE @ Mar. 17 2007,08:28) Toiletries:
Ointment
Chapstick
Baby wipes
Clorox wipes
Razors, shaving cream
Foot powder
Shampoo, conditioner
After shave lotion
Soap or body wash
Mouth wash
Deodorant

Gel insoles
Foot powder
T-shirts, underwear and socks
Sachets
Glade Stick-Ups
Blanket from home
A good sheet set
A big fluffy towel
An egg crate mattress pad
Febreeze
Toilet paper
Battery operated fan
Eye drops

General Stuff:
A small battery operated light
Batteries
Sunblock
A small sewing kit
A stress ball
CD/DVD disk cleaning kit
Stamps, paper and envelopes
Eyeglass cleaner
A phone card

Did I miss anything?
nice list-don't for get candles [that could depend where thier at] beef jerky or just snacks in general

500GB External hard drive with compressed movies.  Newegg has them for 159.99 and 8.50 shipping.

I got one.....  best care package I've gotten.

PS: Has 615 movies.... awesome

(Ruben @ Mar. 18 2007,11:35) 500GB External hard drive with compressed movies. Newegg has them for 159.99 and 8.50 shipping.

I got one..... best care package I've gotten.

PS: Has 615 movies.... awesome
Ok, I looked at newegg and saw 500gb hard drives. but where in the heck did someone get 615 compressed movies to put on it?

Sounds like a cool idea but can you give me more specifics so I can check into it please....

615 full-length movies a buddy of mine had in his... transfered into mine

I have mine with all the codecs and programs to include instructions to load more (but it's about full already).... And now its LOADED with movies. I will be happy to upload from mine to another if you'd like.

beerchug.gif

TXBUSA's list about covers it. And like PROUD DAD said dry snacks are great like nuts an jerky. PM me if you set up a Pay-Pal for funds.

I just talked to my command today, there are going to give me a list of what we sent one of our guys. But the first response from our command Chief was two of the items that were really appreciated were

handy wipes
Crystal Lite packs

Any other thoughts?

All the things TXBusa put on the list are the things I appreciated while over there. Books, movies and magazines are also good depending on where they are or what they are doing. Something to occupy those moments of downtime are always nice.

Back