Miles?

blacked_busa

Registered
I am taking a 1300 mile trip in August. Does this tire look like it could get another 2000 miles out of it? My front tire has good tread but is starting to cup. I haven't noticed any problems with the tires now. What do you guys think? Change tires before trip or immediately after? The trip is through the mountains. ???

2ecokrn.jpg

For me personally, I would replace the set prior to the trip, especially if you are seeing cupping up front. What's a piece of mind worth on the road 1300 miles from home?

Ill just change them. I feel like I probably could get by, but would rather not chance it. I can always keep the rear for a back up if I ever need it. Its still about the wear marks. The front tire being cupped is what makes me a little worried.

Personally I'd go for a new set of tyres prior to a big trip. Not like you've got much life left in the pictured one...

Ok, Im gonna get new tires. Ive been looking at the Perelli GT and the Avon Storm. They are both out of my budget but im gonna bite the bullet this time. Other than taking the trip, I normally ride the interstates back and forth to work in mostly dry conditions. I might ride curves every once in a while. I need something that will get me a lot of miles? Is there any tire that will get me 12k miles +?

Alright, I'm on my second set of Michelin PR3s. 15K miles on first set and I ride hard. The cost is less than double what you were gonna invest but remember this tire will last 3 to 4 times as long and if you don't change ur own tires you have to add that savings too.

Back