Miles between oil changes

I use amsoil and i change it every 3k with filter. sooner if i go to the drag strip and get like 4 days in then i chang it.

Dino oil is 4k...Amsoil will last longer.,
Posted via Mobile Device

Whats oil????3000 is good but depends on your riding habits.Mine are mostly freeway riding so I will go pretty close to 3000 maybe sooner.

Dino 4K , decision based on manufactures recommended, riding style, and riding conditions, etc. I've always been told you can double up with syn :dunno:

90% of my miles are long distance (200 + per ride), so I go with every 3,000 miles :beerchug:

I think you guys are wasting your money changing it so often. Modern systhetics are so good, you can easily double the mileage. And filter can be changed every other time. All that is more true if the mileage is accumulated over a short period of time. I base my opinion on everything I read for the past years.

I've been using Mobile 1 gold cap, and later on Rotella T6 - both Ful Syn of course, and change once a year - which is about every 5-7k. Filter gets changed every other year. Even if I were doing 10k a year, I would still be changing once a year, and filter - probably every other time too - because filters are pretty good these days.

If you race, that's a different story, but for your typical riding and a half dozen track days a year, that's what I do.

For cars, a good synthetic is good for 10k-15k miles. Those are not my words.

I do understand though that if you have doubts changing more often makes you more comfortable, and even if excessive it doesn't hurt anything.

I think you guys are wasting your money changing it so often. Modern systhetics are so good, you can easily double the mileage. And filter can be changed every other time. All that is more true if the mileage is accumulated over a short period of time. I base my opinion on everything I read for the past years.

I've been using Mobile 1 gold cap, and later on Rotella T6 - both Ful Syn of course, and change once a year - which is about every 5-7k. Filter gets changed every other year. Even if I were doing 10k a year, I would still be changing once a year, and filter - probably every other time too - because filters are pretty good these days.

If you race, that's a different story, but for your typical riding and a half dozen track days a year, that's what I do.

For cars, a good synthetic is good for 10k-15k miles. Those are not my words.

I do understand though that if you have doubts changing more often makes you more comfortable, and even if excessive it doesn't hurt anything.

I use the Mobil 4T Racing. I've noticed if I go too much over 3 to 4k miles the shifting gets a little more difficult or "clunky". So I change at 3k just to keep it smooth. I also can trust that modern day synthetics don't break down near as much hence longer periods between changes. But I also make the point that one reason for changing my oil isn't because the oil is broke down but because it's dirty. The dirt that accumulates over a period of time with use and is obviously abrasive to the internals. Therefore I choose to change a little more often.

Amsoil with K&N filter and I change my oil every 7K miles. Although, most of my riding is cruising on the interstate which is 500+ miles a week.

I try to change every 1500 miles, give or take 1/4 mile...even with full synthetic

Back