Mile High Turbo Busas

Busashot

Registered
So here is a question for the few of you that have turbo busas or even any turbo motorcycle and weigh over 200lbs.

With 350hp or less, what gearing do you run for the street and/or the strip. FYI, I have an 06 with Ghetto Stage 1 w/intercooler, S2000s at a max of 300hp w/race fuel and 250hp on pump.

I'm at 5300' and ride as high 10000' and currently weigh in at 250lbs unsuited. Plus the air up here sucks eggs. I opted for the 18/46 combo. A little steep on the rear but on the street I wanted quicker rev up with the turbo. Ok, with stock wheelbase and height it's hard to ride really. But if I lower it a bit without stretching it, I can manage a little. I need all the help I can get to keep ahead of the pesky 100lb litre bike riders. Bastards are stinkin' quick without any skills to boot.
argue.gif

The reason for this post is that their are really not that many turbocharged motorcycles at mile high. The data is scarce and with my many years of super/turbo charging have found that what works at or near sea level definetly doesn't always apply up here in the heavens.
wowold.gif

So chime in.......
ThumbsUp.gif

18/46 is pretty steep, especially for stock height/length but at high altitude, it will probably kill off enough power to make it relatively rideable. BTW I think you can safely get 270-280hp outta that kit on pump gas with the air to air cooler. If its lower compression, you should be able to run 14-15lbs on pump gas, ESPECIALLY up there because the air is so much thinner. I would think up there, it would take 15lbs to make 275hp. Just get the map right... Even at 250lbs you should still ass rape any liter bike you come up against. I used to do roll ons with my buddy's 05 1000, he would be in 2nd or 3rd, me in 5th or 6th, he would pull about 3 bikes from the hit, then I would blast past him before 100mph and pull as far away from him as I wanted... his dynoed 162hp.

Yea I was thinking that too. But I will run it with the low boost setting. Probably be running one of Smithabusa's GPS staged boost controller. And if I'm still having issues, well then I will change the gearing a little bit at a time.

Back