mild rattle/ticking noise

OB_soja1

Registered
One day i was riding and all of a sudden, i started to hear this ticking/mild rattle noise coming from the intrument panel area. The bikes runs fine, but the noise is driving me nuts. If it keeps up, I will stop by the dealer and let them test drive it.
Has anyone else heard a clunk when taking off in first gear. Sounds like somethings not tied down under the seat.

soja1

That problem exists, the rattling noises on my...which I have shortlisted down to the front of the windscreen. Without any bolts to hold the windscreen down like most bikes, after a while, it would loosen a bit and rattle. Any suggestions????

Someone posted something about a Buzzing sound from the windshield. I think he removed the windshield and inserted a thin piece of rubber between it and the fairing. Mine might buzz a little. I wear a RF-800 Shoei which deadens alot of sound due to the padding on your cheek and ears.
Bob

I too have been annoyed by a clunk/noise from behind the instrument panel. I hear it over low speed bumps and it's driving me nutty. My dealer acknowledged the noise but said they would have to contact Suzuki to persue any further teardown/inspection. I'm leaving it for know, summers are too short up here in Canada.

That clunking noise from the front is probably your steering damper .I have the problem with mine also.Grab the sucker and shake it ,it just rattles around really loose.The bolts are tight but the hiem(sp) joints seem to have to much clearance.The dealer said this is normal?

I TOO HAVE THE WINDSHIED RATTLE SLOVED BY PUTTING A STRIP OF ELECTICAL TAPE ON IT> THE CLUCK I DO BELIEVE IS THE STREEING DAMPNER NOTHING IS LOOSE HAVE NO HANDLING PROBLEMS GAVE UP ON REPAIR IT>

GSX..Guy - Did you ever solve your steering dampner rattle?? I too get the clunking when going over low speed bumps. Very annoying.

If you get something that works well, let me know!! My "rocks" are clearly the steering dampner! I haven't taken enough time to see if it can be tightend or not. I suspect not after reading these posts.

My 2001 rattles so it sounds like the front end's going to come off- i searched and searched and found nothing loose- can't believe the steering damper would make that much noise

My 2001 rattles so it sounds like the front end's going to come off- i searched and searched and found nothing loose- can't believe the steering damper would make that much noise
Ok let me guess, you are going for the "Revive the oldest thread" contest...

1999?? :rofl:

has anyone checked their front brake pads? mine were banging against the bottom of the metal "cover" on the top of the calipers

Back