Mikey Garcia vs. Erroll Spence.. lets hear it.

ali123

Banned
Who wins.... and why..... ????? I got a lot of money on this 1...… Can mikey Garcia outbox and outfox the BEAST that is Erroll Spence? Did mikey bite off more than he can chew?? does 7 lbs. make that much of a difference?? who do yall like? Let me know what you think.... then ill tell you what I KNOW.

It's going to be one sided. Mikey is slower, smaller and not as strong. Nothing special to his arsenal. Hes high level basic and his advantage over the years has been his power. He does have a decent chin but he wont have any of those advantages in this fight. Spence has been in the ring with bigger, faster, slicker and stronger comp than Mikey. Not a chance Mikey beats Kell Brook then or now. Hell I dont think Mikey beats Algeri. And when I say hes high level basic I mean he has very solid fundamentals. Spence has flaws but Mikey wont be able to capitalize on it. I expect to see a fight similar to the Spence vs Bundu fight and it might end sooner.

It's going to be one sided. Mikey is slower, smaller and not as strong. Nothing special to his arsenal. Hes high level basic and his advantage over the years has been his power. He does have a decent chin but he wont have any of those advantages in this fight. Spence has been in the ring with bigger, faster, slicker and stronger comp than Mikey. Not a chance Mikey beats Kell Brook then or now. Hell I dont think Mikey beats Algeri. And when I say hes high level basic I mean he has very solid fundamentals. Spence has flaws but Mikey wont be able to capitalize on it. I expect to see a fight similar to the Spence vs Bundu fight and it might end sooner.
kell brook?

kell brook?
Yeah Kell Brook...Mikey too small and not as strong. Kell was outboxing Spence the first half of their fight but he couldn't maintain it. Could argue that the GGG fight he had prior to was the reason he couldnt. Either way Mikey wont come close to putting up as good of a fight as Kell. Kell is a big strong welter, he handled Porter easily. Porter would run through Mikey.

im surprised someone actually thinks Mikey isn't as skilled as Spence... Robert Garcia has established quite a rep for himself as a trainer... Maidana was simply magical against Mayweather and I think Garcia was the braintrust behind that performace (even though maidana didn't win)… Mikey has been his own worst enemy over the years, BUT I think that Eroll spence is the best of the current crop of welters... better than Crawford/an aging pacquiao… better than anyone at 147 and most at 154.... MOST.... Mikey was schooled by Robert Garcia and he will go to the body to try to break down spence... there is a saying in boxing... that a good big man will always always beat a good small man.... I think the queation here is whether or not mikey satisfies the over/under on the betting line.... do u think he survives to hear the final bell???? are u betting?

im surprised someone actually thinks Mikey isn't as skilled as Spence... Robert Garcia has established quite a rep for himself as a trainer... Maidana was simply magical against Mayweather and I think Garcia was the braintrust behind that performace (even though maidana didn't win)… Mikey has been his own worst enemy over the years, BUT I think that Eroll spence is the best of the current crop of welters... better than Crawford/an aging pacquiao… better than anyone at 147 and most at 154.... MOST.... Mikey was schooled by Robert Garcia and he will go to the body to try to break down spence... there is a saying in boxing... that a good big man will always always beat a good small man.... I think the queation here is whether or not mikey satisfies the over/under on the betting line.... do u think he survives to hear the final bell???? are u betting?
I know sweet fanny adams re boxing, but I'm wondering, what are the odds if I wanted to lay down some money on this fight?
Here's some info . . .
Errol Spence Jr v Mikey Garcia Betting Odds Winner | Boxing
Most Popular Bets

Errol Spence Jr (1/4)Mikey Garcia (7/2)Draw (25/1

Gambling.com » Betting » Strategy
Is Mikey Garcia Worth Backing Early in PPV Bout vs Spence?

Kelsey McCarson
November 16th, 2018
Url copied!

Four division world titleholder Mikey Garcia is daring to be great.
Garcia, 30, from Oxnard, California, will jump up two weight classes to face IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence on March 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. The bout features two undefeated world champions in the prime of their careers, and the promotion will be Fox Sports’ first foray into the boxing pay-per-view market.
Mikey Garcia vs Errol Spence Betting Odds
But Garcia faces long odds. Ladbrokes opened the market with Spence at -400 to defeat Garcia at +275. Does Garcia’s team know something the bookies don’t?
Pick your favorite pound-for-pound top-10 list. Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) is on it, and he’s ranked pretty high. According to the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, Garcia is the sixth best fighter in the world regardless of weight class.
But weight classes exist in boxing for a reason, and Garcia isn’t a welterweight. He’s probably not really even a junior welterweight. While he’s competed there fairly recently, his most natural weight at this point in his career is most assuredly lightweight.
Sure, Garcia defeated two prominent 140-pound fighters, Adrien Broner and Sergey Lipinets, in contests just seven pounds south of the 147-pound welterweight limit. But Garcia vacated the alphabet belt he won at 140 against Lipinets to return to lightweight in July 2018 for a lightweight unification fight against Robert Easter.
If Garcia was even a real junior welterweight at this point in his career, why didn’t he just stay there?
And while Garcia’s excellency prevailed against Easter, the technical mastery that makes Garcia so proficient a fighter in the lower weight classes isn’t likely to transfer up so easily to welterweight. Pure skill can only take one so far up the scales.
Spence is the Truth
Spence, 28, of Desoto, Texas, isn’t just some welterweight titleholder. His nickname is “The Truth” for a reason. Many in the sport consider Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) to be the best welterweight in the world and one of the top fighters regardless of weight class.
According to The Ring, Spence is the ninth best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing, and he’s receiving such acclaim from sharp ratings panels without even having lured the other best welterweights in the ring to fight him yet.
Spence is the boogeyman of the division. He’s fast, strong and nasty, and none of the other notable welterweights who would make promotional sense to take the test, such as Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter, have been in a rush to experience what Spence has to offer. Like Garcia, all of them would be underdogs against Spence, too.
Is Backing Garcia Early Smart?
There’s simply no compelling reason for fans of boxing betting to back Garcia over Spence right now. The value is decent enough, but Garcia is a fighter who relies on outboxing his opponents through skill rather than sheer force.<./p>
While such tactics might get him through all 12 rounds against Spence in March, it’s not likely to win the fight.
When a fighter moves up in weight, he either needs to have serious power or otherworldly speed to go along with technical precision. Preferably, he needs both, and Garcia has neither.
In 2008, when Manny Pacquiao moved up from lightweight to welterweight to defeat Oscar De La Hoya, it wasn’t that Pacquiao was technically superior to De La Hoya. It was that Pacquiao possessed an incredibly rare combination of speed and power that came up to welterweight with him.
Moreover, Pacquiao was facing a fighter in De La Hoya who was standing on his last legs as a world class fighter. The same was true for longtime welterweight Ray Leonard when he shocked the world by defeating Marvin Hagler at middleweight in 1987.
De La Hoya and Hagler were older fighters looking for one last hurrah. Spence is a young champion with his best days as a fighter still ahead of him. The bookies know the score. That’s why the odds are longer for Garcia over Spence then they were for either Pacquiao or Leonard in their bouts.
So, while the promotional angle for the bout will undoubtedly throw out lofty comparisons of Garcia being similar to Pacquiao and Leonard, these comparisons fall apart upon any kind of real inspection.
Backing Garcia just doesn’t make much sense at the open, and it probably won’t make any sense on fight night either."

1551114028582.png

I know sweet fanny adams re boxing, but I'm wondering, what are the odds if I wanted to lay down some money on this fight?
Here's some info . . .
Errol Spence Jr v Mikey Garcia Betting Odds Winner | Boxing
Most Popular Bets

Errol Spence Jr (1/4)Mikey Garcia (7/2)Draw (25/1

Gambling.com » Betting » Strategy

Kelsey McCarson
November 16th, 2018
Url copied!

Four division world titleholder Mikey Garcia is daring to be great.
Garcia, 30, from Oxnard, California, will jump up two weight classes to face IBF welterweight champion Errol Spence on March 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. The bout features two undefeated world champions in the prime of their careers, and the promotion will be Fox Sports’ first foray into the boxing pay-per-view market.
Mikey Garcia vs Errol Spence Betting Odds
But Garcia faces long odds. Ladbrokes opened the market with Spence at -400 to defeat Garcia at +275. Does Garcia’s team know something the bookies don’t?
Pick your favorite pound-for-pound top-10 list. Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) is on it, and he’s ranked pretty high. According to the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, Garcia is the sixth best fighter in the world regardless of weight class.
But weight classes exist in boxing for a reason, and Garcia isn’t a welterweight. He’s probably not really even a junior welterweight. While he’s competed there fairly recently, his most natural weight at this point in his career is most assuredly lightweight.
Sure, Garcia defeated two prominent 140-pound fighters, Adrien Broner and Sergey Lipinets, in contests just seven pounds south of the 147-pound welterweight limit. But Garcia vacated the alphabet belt he won at 140 against Lipinets to return to lightweight in July 2018 for a lightweight unification fight against Robert Easter.
If Garcia was even a real junior welterweight at this point in his career, why didn’t he just stay there?
And while Garcia’s excellency prevailed against Easter, the technical mastery that makes Garcia so proficient a fighter in the lower weight classes isn’t likely to transfer up so easily to welterweight. Pure skill can only take one so far up the scales.
Spence is the Truth
Spence, 28, of Desoto, Texas, isn’t just some welterweight titleholder. His nickname is “The Truth” for a reason. Many in the sport consider Spence (24-0, 21 KOs) to be the best welterweight in the world and one of the top fighters regardless of weight class.
According to The Ring, Spence is the ninth best pound-for-pound fighter in boxing, and he’s receiving such acclaim from sharp ratings panels without even having lured the other best welterweights in the ring to fight him yet.
Spence is the boogeyman of the division. He’s fast, strong and nasty, and none of the other notable welterweights who would make promotional sense to take the test, such as Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter, have been in a rush to experience what Spence has to offer. Like Garcia, all of them would be underdogs against Spence, too.
Is Backing Garcia Early Smart?
There’s simply no compelling reason for fans of boxing betting to back Garcia over Spence right now. The value is decent enough, but Garcia is a fighter who relies on outboxing his opponents through skill rather than sheer force.<./p>
While such tactics might get him through all 12 rounds against Spence in March, it’s not likely to win the fight.
When a fighter moves up in weight, he either needs to have serious power or otherworldly speed to go along with technical precision. Preferably, he needs both, and Garcia has neither.
In 2008, when Manny Pacquiao moved up from lightweight to welterweight to defeat Oscar De La Hoya, it wasn’t that Pacquiao was technically superior to De La Hoya. It was that Pacquiao possessed an incredibly rare combination of speed and power that came up to welterweight with him.
Moreover, Pacquiao was facing a fighter in De La Hoya who was standing on his last legs as a world class fighter. The same was true for longtime welterweight Ray Leonard when he shocked the world by defeating Marvin Hagler at middleweight in 1987.
De La Hoya and Hagler were older fighters looking for one last hurrah. Spence is a young champion with his best days as a fighter still ahead of him. The bookies know the score. That’s why the odds are longer for Garcia over Spence then they were for either Pacquiao or Leonard in their bouts.
So, while the promotional angle for the bout will undoubtedly throw out lofty comparisons of Garcia being similar to Pacquiao and Leonard, these comparisons fall apart upon any kind of real inspection.
Backing Garcia just doesn’t make much sense at the open, and it probably won’t make any sense on fight night either."

View attachment 1595128
Kiwi.... go look and see what the "experts" had to say about Tarver and Bernard Hopkins /pacquiao vs. delahoya/ leonard vs. Haglar

Kiwi.... go look and see what the "experts" had to say about Tarver and Bernard Hopkins /pacquiao vs. delahoya/ leonard vs. Haglar
So I'm guessing your money's on mikey Garcia?
Are you actually going to lay down some hard earned on this fight?
If so, and it's Garcia you're backing, let me know and I'll put some $$$ down too, I think you may just know something about boxing!
Oh and by the way, is corruption in boxing just as rampant as it has been forever?

So I'm guessing your money's on mikey Garcia?
Are you actually going to lay down some hard earned on this fight?
If so, and it's Garcia you're backing, let me know and I'll put some $$$ down too, I think you may just know something about boxing!
Oh and by the way, is corruption in boxing just as rampant as it has been forever?
no... don't bet on Garcia to WIN.... find somewhere to bet on the OVER/UNDER.... its a set number of rounds that the bookies set that says whether or not YOU think the fight will go.... it will probably be 11.5 rounds... the bookies are TIGHT asses like that and like to increase their odds of taking the money... but I THINK Garcia is durable enough to last the distance.... he is tough as nails... barring a knee injury/bad cuts, or other unforeseen disasters... he should be able to last the distance... it wont be MUCH money ull win... I don't think... but its relatively SAFE.

this fight isn't a fight to get BOLD on and pick the underdog... Garcia doesn't have the firepower to discourage Spence.... he is jumping up TWO WEIGHT classes here.... its very very very BOLD what he is doing... but mikey is 31 yrs old and wasted years of his career fighting with promoters... he is ranked 6th best fighter POUND for pound in the world.... but he is very small... spence is big NATURALLY... even at welter... hand speed is crazy.... and hits like a mule.... but hes young..... Garcia knows how to survive in Mexican gyms... no easy feat.... im essentially betting on Garcia toughness.... if I decide to.... its the safest thing u can do....

Last edited:
He has skills but like I said before all the advantages he had fighting smaller less powerful opponents are out the window. I doubt he will go the distance. Who has Mikey beat that makes you feel he will go the distance? Broner...washed. Easter...lol. The tough fight he had with Salido? Got dropped by Martinez? Yeah he won all those fights and I have been a fan of Mikey for years but he's in over his head. His last few fights have been carefully picked. And I know you know this but he fought at 140 so technically hes moving up one weight division. I give Mikey 7 to 8 rounds.

He has skills but like I said before all the advantages he had fighting smaller less powerful opponents are out the window. I doubt he will go the distance. Who has Mikey beat that makes you feel he will go the distance? Broner...washed. Easter...lol. The tough fight he had with Salido? Got dropped by Martinez? Yeah he won all those fights and I have been a fan of Mikey for years but he's in over his head. His last few fights have been carefully picked. And I know you know this but he fought at 140 so technically hes moving up one weight division. I give Mikey 7 to 8 rounds.
lol... u and I both know he is a lightweight 135lbs... CHASING BIG money at 140/147…. like I said though... REMEMBER MIKEY sparred a lot of rounds with Maidana/ countless blood and guts warriorts in Roberts gym... I think he will go the distance.... its a moderate risk.... BUT.... we shall see...….. he is tough and rated 6th best pound for pound.... if he gets stopped... his career takes a MAJOR hit... if he survives and looks good in spots.... he makes a couple million, and fights for other big purses later on.....

lol... u and I both know he is a lightweight 135lbs... CHASING BIG money at 140/147…. like I said though... REMEMBER MIKEY sparred a lot of rounds with Maidana/ countless blood and guts warriorts in Roberts gym... I think he will go the distance.... its a moderate risk.... BUT.... we shall see...….. he is tough and rated 6th best pound for pound.... if he gets stopped... his career takes a MAJOR hit... if he survives and looks good in spots.... he makes a couple million, and fights for other big purses later on.....
The sparring I saw between him and Maidana looked like it was at 40%. Maidana didnt want to put real hands on Mikey, his trainers little brother in sparring. I think their sparring was more to help Maidana deal with a technical boxer. We shall see though, I cant wait. I will say that I dont like that Spence is slimmer, lighter than he's ever been coming in for this fight. I would have kept the weight and size where it was at.

The sparring I saw between him and Maidana looked like it was at 40%. Maidana didnt want to put real hands on Mikey, his trainers little brother in sparring. I think their sparring was more to help Maidana deal with a technical boxer. We shall see though, I cant wait. I will say that I dont like that Spence is slimmer, lighter than he's ever been coming in for this fight. I would have kept the weight and size where it was at.
smart money is simply for mikey to survive..... these Mexicans are TOUGH

Ali who you got Porter vs Ugas?
honestly….. I think porter beats everyone except for the very very best.... guy is like an octopus... u just CANNOT get away from him unless ure a pound for pound guy.... porter wants to crush ure soul.

Ali who you got Porter vs Ugas?
scooby.. its super cool to have a real discussion about this stuff though.. the welterweight division is gonna heat up pretty soon I think... im really waiting on Crawford to move up....... then ill get BOLD.... I think spence will spank him..... u watch... maybe 1.5-3 years from now and spence will be a huge star.... with Crawford being lured up for big money.... itss ALLLLL about money... lol... if it doesn't make dollars... it doesn't make cents..... Thurmans days are numbered.... as u can plainly see.... Thurman will be looking for old aging superstars(PACMAN)..... and to remain in the top spot as long as he can hold up physically.... but his hands just aren't fast enough..... tooo slow against these magic handed gunslingers.... on a side note.... what a CLASS act Spence is.... he has always been humble and silent.... honed his skills in the dark.

Last edited:
This message has been reported.
Back