revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
pit bull that is
laugh.gif

one of these puppies might be mine wednesday
please.gif

100_0936.JPG

Way cool. The HouseMouse and I are Rottweiller lovers,but I understand the draw of Pitbulls aswell.
thumb_up.gif

RSD.

pup3_014.jpg

rotties rock RSD, me and the first wife had one. i have a few extra bucks and i happen to come across these pups so...

thanks truwrecks, any info appreciated
beerchug.gif

thanks truwrecks, any info appreciated  
beerchug.gif
qwik little history:

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was developed in the region of Staffordshire, England in the nineteenth century from crosses between Bulldogs and various Terriers. The Staffordshire Bull was developed for the then-popular sport of bull baiting. The breed's popularity waned as interest in the sport waned. Then, in the twentieth century, interest in the breed grew again, especially in the United States. It returned to the show ring in 1935. In the U.S. it is now well bred in a size slightly larger than that called for in the European standard. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not a dog for every family, but in the hands of a dominant, experienced owner; it can be a successful pet and family guardian.

RSD.

Yep. I've been around Lucy (BentValve's) Staff. She's strong, playful, and a real sweetheart. Just don't try to break into his house. She'll be chomping on you before you make it through the door.
thumb_up.gif

thanks a mill RSD. i'm searching/researching online right now! big thanks!

thanks tru. hope BV is doing good, have'nt seen him around much, understandable, please give my regards.

cute pups. had a rott, great dog...super smart, but hated my a/c unit and would attack it everytime it came on. sold him & bought a german shepherd... excellent dog up to about a week before I had to put him down a little over a month ago. this spring we want to get another dog and am leaning towards a doberman. any input about dobies +/- would be appreciated.
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

my mom and pops raised dobies when i was a kid. one snapped at me when i went to grab his bowl to give him more food or water while he ate, dad got real pissed at him...i was under 10 years old so cant say much, but beautiful dogs, i believe they're a mix between a rottie and a greyhound. rumor has it they go crazy at older ages because their brains keep growing, rottie brain in a greayhound skull. i could be wayy wrong on this, just hearsay.

Pitbulls (and amstaffs) are GREAT pets. My wife and I fostered a half pit/half boxer for a while, and we really enjoyed him.

100_0013.jpg

Yep.  I've been around Lucy (BentValve's) Staff.  She's strong, playful, and a real sweetheart.  Just don't try to break into his house.  She'll be chomping on you before you make it through the door.  
thumb_up.gif
Are they natural watchdogs? Like if you train them to be gentle and easygoing, and someone breaks into the house, will they still attack the badguy?

BTW cute pups! I have an adult Walker Coonhound named Rhuzyo, (Russian for "The Rifle") fitting since he's a hunting dog. Although i don't use him for hunting, i love him to pieces, and he'd just play with the game instead of kill it. He's more of a lapdog than a hunter. Besides, thats what my firearm inventory is for.
cool.gif

He's got a Russian name btw because i LOVE Russian stuff. Just to satisfy curiosity.
beerchug.gif

pitbulls by nature are human friendly. where does it come from? decades spent in the pits where people had to be able to handle these dogs without fear of being bitten and that also meant being handled by the opponents owners/handlers. years gone by human biters were put down at once. i happen to love all bully breeds but prefer at AB obviously

my mom and pops raised dobies when i was a kid. one snapped at me when i went to grab his bowl to give him more food or water while he ate, dad got real pissed at him...i was under 10 years old so cant say much, but beautiful dogs, i believe they're a mix between a rottie and a greyhound. rumor has it they go crazy at older ages because their brains keep growing, rottie brain in a greayhound skull. i could be wayy wrong on this, just hearsay.
If I remember correctly...the Doberman was the invention of a German Tax collector named...you guessed it...Doberman. It was the mix of Rottweiller and giant shnuzer(check the spelling on that).

RSD.

If I remember correctly...the Doberman was the invention of a German Tax collector named...you guessed it...Doberman. It was the mix of Rottweiller and giant shnuzer(check the spelling on that).

RSD.
Great trivia Rubb, i'd like to have a doberman myself, what are they like to own?

To answer your question, no, pitbulls SUCK as guard dogs. The only way in which they make good guard dogs is that some people who know you have one will be scared off by the stereotype.

Back