Might take part in my first legal race.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
Back in January-ish a drag strip was opened close to home.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT THE WEBSITE.

Before then, the nearest drag strip to me was about an hour away (this one is about 15 miutes from me). Because of that, as bad as I wanted to race I never botherd to do so. Now that I have the chance I figured I'd take a stab at it. Its only 1/8th as opposed to the usual quarter, but I calculate that to be slightly longer than 2 football fields which might be good for a beginner such as myself. I'm going to watch on Saturday and if I like it I'll participate on Sunday. In any case I'll be taking my camera on Saturday and I'll soon after post some pics.
smile.gif

Oh ... just a question, what's a decent time/speed for a pretty much stock Busa (PC & Brock Hindle) in the 1/8th? I believe the 1/4 mile ranges from 9.85 to 10.1 @ 140 to 145 mph or so ... but I've never really heard any 1/8th times.

I thought the 1/8 was just as much fun as the 1/4 and didn't seem that different. The strip, lights, stands, signs, hots dogs were all the same so even though it was shorter, it was just as fun. I can't remember what my 1/8 mile run was sorry. You should have fun though!

Sounds like a great time!! I haven't don't it yet myself! I have to try it one day. Would be really cool at track like that!! 1/8 or 1/4 wouldn't matter to me. I am not sure of the times for the 1/8th though. I am sure you will get alot of responses to that question though. Have fun my friend!! Can't wait to see the pics or videos!!
beerchug.gif

Back