might swap PC5 for ecu editor...

myfirstbusa

Registered
I have a dyno shootout coming up on the 19th and depending on the numbers my K9 puts down I might consider swapping my pc5 to boost by smiths edu editor. I have access to a dyno pretty much any day of the week. Is the editor something that any bike shop can handle?
Posted via Mobile Device

Any good tuner can use ECU editor. But, check with your tuner. They may or may not want to use it.

I love the ECU editor. It performs great for me. I tune my own bikes and my buddies bikes with it and a zeitronix datalogger on the street. I find it easier to tune than the PC.

I'm going turbo and when that happens, I'll probably get some help tuning to be safe. The best turbo tuner in my area is a PC only guy. So, I'll get a base tune in my ECU and may have to go with a PC unless I want to take two days off work to go see Johnny Cheese for the tune.

If you go ECU editor, let me know what you're trying to get for it. May be cheaper option than driving to see Johnny.

What's your combo? Exhaust, filter etc... If I have a base tune, I'll send it to ya.

I'm running Brock's short meg full system.. BMC filter.. PC5.. and Alysin full synthetic 0w20 oil. Right now she's mapped for 89 octane BP gas
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like Schnitz is the closest for me... could make for a fun road trip. Only 2 1/2 hours
Posted via Mobile Device

Schnitz is awesome with the Editor. I think mine was probably one of the first ones he did when it came out, because he had to start from scratch. No base map to even get close!

Well worth the 6 hour drive for me!

I'm running Brock's short meg full system.. BMC filter.. PC5.. and Alysin full synthetic 0w20 oil. Right now she's mapped for 89 octane BP gas
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a tune that would get you up and running no prob. Let me know and I'll send it.

Seems obvious, but... The PC5 should be removed, then flash?

I have Brock's CT dual, BMC street filter and PC5 with Brock's map...

The only problem is that... I have no access to a dyno. Can the ECU editor be effective without testing on a dyno?

Seems obvious, but... The PC5 should be removed, then flash?

I have Brock's CT dual, BMC street filter and PC5 with Brock's map...

The only problem is that... I have no access to a dyno. Can the ECU editor be effective without testing on a dyno?

You can turn your gear limiters/top speed restriction off, turn your pair off and your fans on/off sooner(and still leave your PC on the bike). Then you always have it for when you do find someone to dyno with it. PC can only map 4 injectors too, where as ecu editor can do all 8...as well as anything and everything else!
Best thing I ever put on my Busa!:beerchug:

Crawler... I'll gladly start off with ur tune. Do u send it via email? If so... can I "harsh" it like a Brock's map if opened incorrectly?!
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't rush with the wiring if you go the ecu route. Its not complicated but can be a pia if things don't get seated or oriented perfectly. The basics are easy to accomplish and the GUI is pretty intuitive. The program creates a base map so you can always go back to square one
Posted via Mobile Device

Looks like Schnitz is the closest for me... could make for a fun road trip. Only 2 1/2 hours
Posted via Mobile Device

Best decision you'll ever make by going with BoostBySmiths ECU flash; My closet tuner was 4 1/2 hours away. You'll love the results and the space savings, not to mention the 2 1/2 hour perma-grin you'll have on your way home.
I say go for it!!! +1 on a generic engine map that will come close to your setup till you get to your tuner. Also, BoostBySmiths' instructions will make it an easy 1/2 hour job at most. Longest time you'll spend will be removing your old hardware and sealing off those loose ends.
Good luck to you my friend. :beerchug:

Well, they dyno shootout got pushed back to May 26th now! So the mr12 I ordered showed up in the mail yesterday and is gonna have to sit for a week and a half now!! Not super happy about it... but I guess as long as I don't open it I should be ok. And had I known I had an extra week I would've thrown the ecu editor in quick and had it tuned BEFORE the dyno shootout. :banghead:

Well, they dyno shootout got pushed back to May 26th now! So the mr12 I ordered showed up in the mail yesterday and is gonna have to sit for a week and a half now!! Not super happy about it... but I guess as long as I don't open it I should be ok. And had I known I had an extra week I would've thrown the ecu editor in quick and had it tuned BEFORE the dyno shootout. :banghead:

The MR12 sits for longer than that at VP's warehouse, the fuel will be fine. Just leave it sealed up

Back