Might be moving to Chicago

Scott2

Registered
Well my name is Scott and I havent posted in here in a long time.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the chicago area at all. I might be taking a job offer there and would be moving alone. I never had to do anything like this.

What I am asking is, is there any club or just a group of guys that hangout and ride together?

There is a website here in Rochester, NY called www.rocstarz.com Its a local form website like hayabusa.org of local riders. I was wondering if there is one like this in Chicago.

Any help would be great. Also the area i would be working in is Melrose Park.

Thanks,
Scott

There are a couple of Chi-Town riders on here. I live in DeKalb, but work in/near Chicago. Not sure of any "motorcycle clubs," but I'd probably be the wrong one to ask. Anyways, welcome to the board.

Not from there anymore but Welcome to the board.

Hey IL_Busa I use to live in Bartlett.
cool.gif

I've spent a bit of time in Chicago. I used live in the Kenohsa/Racine, WI area, though have recently moved further north. I don't want to start a war....but, F.I.B.'s drive fast and crazy (the Illinois dudes will know what that acronym means).
tounge.gif

Best of luck in your move and new life!
wink.gif

Welcome back, and as you can see from my location... I can't help you out one iota.
biggrin.gif
Try PMing Thinker62... he is originally from Chi-town.

Hi Scott,

Chicago is a rough area. Soon as you move there you'll need to choose a gang, get the right colors and tattoos and never venture out of your "territory" alone!

Ok just kidding
smile.gif
Actually Melrose park is a really nice area.

Chicago and even the suburbs have just too much traffic and stoplights for my taste. One of these days I do want to ride on LSD at night. I hear there are a million bikes that ride up and down there all night long on the weekends.

There's some decent riding once you get way south towards central IL. Lots of farm country to let the Busa spread its wings and fly.
Bloomington Indiana (Brown County) is incredible and only about 5 hours away. It's kind of like a bikers paradise in these parts so if you plan to stay for the weekend you need to book a room in advance.
Wisconsin is close too and hear there is some good riding up that way.

Roughest part you will find is the roads, some rough pavement in Chi Town..Ride safe and go to Road America in Wisconsin....

Back