Might be looking for a new bike..... Finally

Phrogg

Registered
As the title reads. Wondering what's out there. One thing for sure. I don't want another busa with that irritating 2nd gear problem. Also, not looking for anything that's engine modified except for airflow. I like to get somewhat decent mileage! Air box mod is fine. Depending on what it is, I'm open for comfort mods, nothing custom painted. Gen 1 or gen 2.

It's been a long time since I've been on here. Probably since my last accident in April 2013. Also, looking to sell mine. I can post more on that later when I'm on a pc. Not sure if I should sell it as is or part it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any input, oh and.

RIBBIT!!

IG.

Registered
Only you know what you really want. I have a feeling there is more you don't like about a Hayabusa besides 2nd gear issues. So, what would you like in your ideal bike?

2nd gear problem is the result of incorrect shifting. This is simply one small area where a Gen 1 Hayabusa is not as resilient to abuse as in other areas, so I wouldn't blame it so much on the bike. I think Gen 2 bikes have their tranny dogs undercut to prevent 2nd grear issues. I personally haven't had an issue with 2nd gear in about 40k miles between two different bikes - '01 and '06, and I ride pretty aggressively, do track days, and sometimes upshift close to redline.

There are other long mileage riders with the 2nd gear working just fine.

I recognize that once the 2nd gear issue develops, it would be really annoying, and I personally wouldn't want to ride the bike. I road tested one, and man that wasn't fun.

Phrogg

Registered
Oh I love the busa! I just remember reading about the 2nd gear issues in the gen 1 and yes my bike had it as well. I didn't ride very aggressive. I just enjoyed riding. Looking to do it again here soon hopefully.

IG.

Registered
Oh, I see. I think it would be wise to re-evaluate how you were shifting. And I would strongly recommend clutchless upshifts - quicker, easier, and much safer for the tranny.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Look into the Gen II's, you can find 08's now for around 7500 maybe less if you look. I loved my Gen I and my wife and I were in tears when we sold it, but I also love my 09 and there is a definite difference between the models.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayski