Might be a bit of a longshot, but thought I'd try

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
just curious if anyone had a clutch cover that they'd be willing to let go for cheap.

Dunno how it happened, but tried to start the bike yesterday, gave her a lil bit of gas (bike was in nuetral, BTW) and I heard a yucky CLACK-CLACK-CLACK sound. Figgered WTH? That don't sound quite right. Lemme try it again.

CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-PING!!!

I hear what sounds like pieces of metal slowly bouncing their way down from behind the fairing. Take a peek over the side of the bike, and I see what looks like a piece of metal. Black metal. Then I find another piece...only this time bigger. :O :O :O Two pieces of metal?!?!

:omg: :banghead: :alcoholic:4 :banghead: :banghead: :alcoholic:4

:(

Well, had to call a friend with a truck to load up baby girl...loaded her up and off we go.

Forgot to mention that my car is down as well. So now I have a bike that won't start, and to make matters worse, my car wouldn't start this morning either.

THAT'S....JUST...FRIKKIN...GREAT!!!

So now I'm late for work (in which I have a class to teach at 8am). Lovely...just effin lovely.

But yeah...that's the condensed version. Things were much worse last night.

So yeah...anyone have a spare clutch cover that they'd like to get rid of for cheap/free? I'd be most appreciative.

I guess when it rains, it pours. These are only the minor problems so far.

Sorry to hear about the bad news Brudda :(

If I had a spare, you know you could have it :beerchug:

I'm sure that someone will be able to help out the "Immortal one" :laugh:

I do not have one you can have or buy cheap, but I can borrow you the one off of my bike if that would help. It is now winter here and I will not be riding it until March at the earliest. I could pull it Thursday Morning and overnite it to you with Saturday delivery if that would help.

I do not have one you can have or buy cheap, but I can borrow you the one off of my bike if that would help. It is now winter here and I will not be riding it until March at the earliest. I could pull it Thursday Morning and overnite it to you with Saturday delivery if that would help.

Mitty nice of you Brother :beerchug:

Paul...Pacificbusa is one of the ORG's BEST :thumbsup:

He is in Guam...so shipping is gonna be some $$$

Mitty nice of you Brother :beerchug:

Paul...Pacificbusa is one of the ORG's BEST :thumbsup:

He is in Guam...so shipping is gonna be some $$$

its only money. I have a computer and printer I can always print more. :rofl:

Cool, send me some $$$...I'll pay the shipping :laugh:

I will have my dad make it for you, that way there is no shipping. He is in Saratoga. I use to spend my summers in S.C. I would go to Wilson's bakery everyday for a donut. It was only 2 blocks away from the house.
He will print it up and you can pick it up. No Shipping.:rofl::rofl:

Paul - let me go look in my stash...I may have one for ya. If I do, it's yours...

I will have my dad make it for you, that way there is no shipping. He is in Saratoga. I use to spend my summers in S.C. I would go to Wilson's bakery everyday for a donut. It was only 2 blocks away from the house.
He will print it up and you can pick it up. No Shipping.:rofl::rofl:

Grew up on Homestaed Rd. and went to Wilson jr High and S.C. High. Franklin Mall was one of the local hang outs :laugh:

Yo Pac-man....I wish you had said outer clutch basket....I bought one off Nick (Gixx1300R), and the goober I was going to fix his clutch and reassemble his Busa for decides he doesn't want to do it after telling me he'll pay me when the clutch arrives...... :banghead: This is after the first outer was broke in shipping and "Nick" was nice enough to replace it.. :super: Way-to-go-Nick !!! Anyway, if you need an outer basket let me know. I have a spare and you, my friend, are welcome to it. I'll even pay shipping... I'd rather lose the money, screw that misleading bunghole.... :oldcool:

hey...thanks for all the love, folks. much appreciated. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

got some mighty generous offers here...wow. Thanks so much!

as for how it got broke, well...that's a good one. ??? Wish I knew exactly what it was that made it go "clack-clack boom", but I really don't know. I'm chalking up this one to perhaps old parts (the bike is almost 10yrs old)...and hopefully that'll be the end of it.

Again, much love to you all...thank you! And if you do happen to know of where I could get my hands on one, please let me know. It breaks my heart seeing the 'ol gal so lonely in the garage. With a full tank of gas, to boot. :(

ah well...the search continues. Much love to you folks...yer the best! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Paul, if you are still looking Pipe will take the one off of his bike and send it to you and then he'll find a replacement. It's the least that Pipe could do.

oh hey now...don't even think about doin that, Pipe...although I am humbled by your generosity. Seems to me that my problems have increased by tenfold.

and for the record...

it looks like Phoenix is once again down. Took off the side fairing, removed the started cover, which was the one that had the hole BTW.

Found something ugly...VERY ugly. I'll take teh camera out this weekend and put up some pics, but it looks like I won't be riding again any time soon.

:(

I couldn't believe it...and on Thanksgiving day, of all days. Damn.

But yeah...I'll get some pics up of the damage. Just as a heads up, it appears that I'm gonna be needing an engine block. Or so it seems by first assessment anyways.

damnit. :(

Back