• 1/7/12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
The question was posed to me today. "Should we have a Christmas get together for members from the area?" The question was asked because this person had a blast at a get together after a ride we had here a few months back.

I think this would be a great idea so I was again put in charge of planning.

So here is the thought.

we need to pick a date.

12/10
12/17
or
1/7/12

I know most companies hold there holiday parties just before Christmas and we would like the most number of attendies as possible so I chose 2 dates prior to Christmas and one after.

please post up if you would like to join us and what day works best for everyone. Also please post if you would like your children to be able to attend so I can figure the best place to hold this. If it is all adults we will probably do a pub where we can eat, shoot darts and pool and have fun. If children will be involved then I will find a hall so we can have games and prizes for the kids (young and OLD).
My personal feeling are that we make this a family affair so members families can participate and see what a great group of people we have here. Bring our families in to our family here.

Please respond with a PM to me so I can gauge interest.
Thanks folks. I look forward to a great get together.

Im just watching this one to see what day works best for all and show up. My schedule is soo screwed this time of year working in retail my advise or opinion would be useless. Im down to hang out tho

I am, of course, game for whatever day everyone else likes. I have some ideas: we might be able to rent a room at the milwaukee ale house, or similar establishment. It shouldnt alter the family friendly vibe bc most of those places are restaraunts, and have dedicated rooms for gatherings.

Also, I think ti would be cool to do a round robin secret santa. Not the typical draw names from a hat crap where u end up picking some stuff up from auto zone on your way to work, its slightly different, and requires less input and effort. Anyone who wants to participate just shows up with a wrapped present (usually theres a $ limit), and at some point when its time to play we count how many people want to play. We write that many numbers down, and toss em all in a hat. Everybody then draws out a number. #1, picks whichever present from the pile they want. #2 can pick a present from the pile, or STEAL #1s present. so on and so forth. The only rules are that you cant re-steal a gift that was just taken from you (it would never end), and the game is over when the last gift is picked from the pile. Its a ton of fun. no, trust me its fun. :banghead: Stop rolling your eyes Lurch, its FUN!

I am, of course, game for whatever day everyone else likes. I have some ideas: we might be able to rent a room at the milwaukee ale house, or similar establishment. It shouldnt alter the family friendly vibe bc most of those places are restaraunts, and have dedicated rooms for gatherings.

Also, I think ti would be cool to do a round robin secret santa. Not the typical draw names from a hat crap where u end up picking some stuff up from auto zone on your way to work, its slightly different, and requires less input and effort. Anyone who wants to participate just shows up with a wrapped present (usually theres a $ limit), and at some point when its time to play we count how many people want to play. We write that many numbers down, and toss em all in a hat. Everybody then draws out a number. #1, picks whichever present from the pile they want. #2 can pick a present from the pile, or STEAL #1s present. so on and so forth. The only rules are that you cant re-steal a gift that was just taken from you (it would never end), and the game is over when the last gift is picked from the pile. Its a ton of fun. no, trust me its fun. :banghead: Stop rolling your eyes Lurch, its FUN!

That sounds good. I am thinking after the New Year for this to work best for everyone

Just post up when and where you decide. I should be able to make it.......I'll leave the wife at home :o)

Back