Mid pipe mod complete

forceofnature

Registered
Ok I got a stock exhaust off eBay for $50.00 and cut the mid pipes to see how they look and sound.  The pipes were cut with cut off saw, then removed the burring.

Here are a couple of pics.

As far as sound goes they are much louder than expected.  Unfortunatly the MOV files are not representing the increase in db very well.  Here is the comparison anyway.  If anyone can make these smaller feel free to do so.

Not sure I will leave this mod on but I will run it for a little while and see how the neighbors respond.

Does anyone know if the Dapinci pipe map will work with this mod?

Thanks for going through the process, forceofnature. But I like the smooth low stock sound especially when you hit the throttle and open her up.

sounds good , when i put on a set of boltons i started the bike up and it was loud wait til the firs time you jump on it goin through a main st town , you will be noticed ! get some ear plugs for longer rides it will elimenate most of the ringing in your ears!
beerchug.gif
anybody who rides with you is on thier own !
laugh.gif

I just rode it up the street to get gas and man it was loud. I here ya on the earplugs. I might just put the stockers back on, but will give it a couple of days first.

its loud ! dont know how the leo are in MD, well pdbusa and i had a run in with them headin to the bash , they were cool ,but those pipes might make some angry ? but so do hmf !
super.gif

LEO in MD are cool about bikes. My Buell Had a megaphone exhaust with no baffle so I asked the state trooper what he thought about the noise and he said he didnt care. After you here all the HD bikes around here you can pretty much say they dont care.

Could you post some more pics of the whole bike so we can get a better look at them please. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now. Thanks.

(JQBusa @ Nov. 15 2006,17:30) Could you post some more pics of the whole bike so we can get a better look at them please. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now. Thanks.
Check out my web page. I have two pics and one video of mine..

http://wchr.rbrooks.net/pics.htm

I originated this mod. did mine I think over a year ago....

(forceofnature @ Nov. 12 2006,16:50) Ok I got a stock exhaust off eBay for $50.00 and cut the mid pipes to see how they look and sound. The pipes were cut with cut off saw, then removed the burring.

As far as sound goes they are much louder than expected. Unfortunatly the MOV files are not representing the increase in db very well. Here is the comparison anyway. If anyone can make these smaller feel free to do so.

Not sure I will leave this mod on but I will run it for a little while and see how the neighbors respond.

As far as a map goes, JC gave me a map that he said was basically just a map for slip ons.. that is all I have been running since I cut my pipes. over a year now I guess with no problems

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 15 2006,17:53)
(forceofnature @ Nov. 12 2006,16:50) Ok I got a stock exhaust off eBay for $50.00 and cut the mid pipes to see how they look and sound.  The pipes were cut with cut off saw, then removed the burring.

As far as sound goes they are much louder than expected.  Unfortunatly the MOV files are not representing the increase in db very well.  Here is the comparison anyway.  If anyone can make these smaller feel free to do so.

As far as a map goes, JC gave me a map that he said was basically just a map for slip ons.. that is all I have been running since I cut my pipes. over a year now I guess with no problems
Almost two years that I have been riding with you and YOUR DAMN Exhaust mod
tounge.gif

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,18:10) Isn't there a downside from doing this - back pressure?
No.. once you cut the mid pipes you notice that the mid pipes constrict where they attach to the headers. this causes just enough back pressure so there are no (or minimal) problems.

What little popping I had (might pop once in every 100 or more miles) vanished when I put the PC on the busa

(JQBusa @ Nov. 15 2006,17:58) Do you still have the driving lights on there? Still like them?
yeah, except my left one is busted. I have new onse just havnet replaced it yet

If I did a lot of night riding they are awesome, they are angled in such a way that they light up turns real nice when you are leaned over.

Look at the angle of the lights and imagine the bike in a lean. it lights up the road awesome...

And they attach to the existing fairing bolts...

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 15 2006,18:18)
(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,18:10) Isn't there a downside from doing this - back pressure?
No.. once you cut the mid pipes you notice that the mid pipes constrict where they attach to the headers. this causes just enough back pressure so there are no (or minimal) problems.

What little popping I had (might pop once in every 100 or more miles) vanished when I put the PC on the busa
Interesting...what type of map would you use on the PC for this...custom dyno, internet available, etc.?

I'm sure it exceeds public decibal statutes, but may be interesting to experiment with before getting a new exhaust system.

Is it uncomfortably LOUD
SHOCKED.gif
for a passenger?

(thrasherfox @ Nov. 15 2006,20:20)
(JQBusa @ Nov. 15 2006,17:58) Do you still have the driving lights on there? Still like them?
yeah, except my left one is busted. I have new onse just havnet replaced it yet

If I did a lot of night riding they are awesome, they are angled in such a way that they light up turns real nice when you are leaned over.

Look at the angle of the lights and imagine the bike in a lean. it lights up the road awesome...

And they attach to the existing fairing bolts...
Do you thin k you could snap some closer pics of those?I have been think about those for a while too. Thanks Jeff

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 15 2006,18:24)
(thrasherfox @ Nov. 15 2006,18:18)

Interesting...what type of map would you use on the PC for this...custom dyno, internet available, etc.?

I'm sure it exceeds public decibal statutes, but may be interesting to experiment with before getting a new exhaust system.

Is it uncomfortably LOUD
SHOCKED.gif
for a passenger?
If you are thinking of doing this mod...just remove your cans and ride the bike to
get the FULL EFFECT  
laugh.gif

I ride with Ron a lot and it doesn't bother me
tounge.gif
much...I just stay in front of him
wink.gif

Back