Mid life crisis?

You will get through it cap, just want to tell you thank you for everything you do for this website, couldn't ask for better:beerchug:

When one door is closed, another door will be opened. Not in our timing, but in God's. That does not mean it will be easy, but God will provide.

The path that led you here sir...Doug, I have met many people through the conduit known as the .org. I share many new experiences because of your decisions in business and life. In no particular order...​

1. I have come to know Loomis who is the new owner of a wicked beemer.
2. I have come to know Semi who is a photog with ninja skills at taking pics when no one is looking.
3. I have come to know Busawhipped who can crash with the best of them and come out unscathed...
4. I have come to know Skydivr who cursed me with trackdays addication.
5. I have come to know Macon who makes me feel like crap when I think I can corner on my Busa.
6. I have come to know Twotone when I think I am a good person...James you be good people.
7. I have come to know BOB and she is a legend in her own right....
8. I have come to know Ace who is a fine man that coined me the last time we rode the dragon together.
9. I have come to know the Grumpy's...who hasn't.
10. I have come to kmow GixrHP and the ability to work on bikes at any hour.
11. I have come to know MCMustang and his ability to work on any bike at any hour.
12. I have come to know Blanca as a post esort extrodinaire.
13. I have come to know that coffee at Mickey Dees is a good thang...thanks DK55Belair.
14. I have come to know that Big guys can ride Busas, thanks Tom.
15. I have come to know that some people ride busa's faster than others...thanks Chattanoogabusa and Fishhook!
16. I have come to know the pain of loosing a friend on a Busa. I miss you Rayabusa...
17. I have come to know the human atlas know as Georgiabusa.
18. Lots of others, but most of all...​

I have come to know a place I call home...it is the ORG. I couldn't say any of the above without the passion you share for the Busa. Thanks Cap.​

Last edited:
I just got the phone call last Friday. "Robert Can you meet me in the Office ?" My heart sank because I knew I was having Issues in my shop. They Reasigned me and cut my pay by 20%. At 40 I am going backwards.................WTF. The guy that replaced me is 1/2 my age................:moon: The M109 is for sale. Not sure what to do about the BUSA and the Buell...................Well. I don't know. On the Flip side this new shop gives me ZERO Stress so I think God has his plans for a reason. Hang in there Doug. At least we have the Org

Cap I understand ESPECIALLY in the IT field. They always go for the cheapest labor and the interviewers are rarely (although it seems to be changing some) IT guys themselves and its all about whats on paper. I am currently doing sharepoint development on 2010 and getting paid 50% of what a developer in this area gets. It sucks hardcore but unless I spend rediculous amounts of money for a piece of paper that says im smart, i am stuck working entry level. Another issue I have seen is that they want degree + exp to be at the same level. I am 26 and have 8 years exp in the IT field professionally but for jobs that want 8-10 years exp, they want a masters degree. I am almost done with my BS...anywho, I think im going to try to start my own business...

Last edited:
I don't know how to start.....One of the posts seems so out of line i can hardly stand it.
I don't come on here as much as many others....postwise. But i feel that the ORG and Doug
have done a great thing here....I have made new friends ...PRICELESS. Doug..you should be very proud what you have done here on the internet..which is loaded with so much crap and YOU made a very special place for us to talk about anything in a very mature and honest manor.Midlife crisis..I'll be 60 in 2011...regrets you bet....what i know now..if i knew then......
WHEW!!! I fight depression often now day's..But i have a full time job at the same place now for over 34 years...I am on the worst possible shift known to man.....and don't like it...
Well for awhile now i have trying to get over it.....sheez i say to self.....be thankful for still having a job...Duh'.I am on my second midlife crisis...but have the toy's to play with......
Not motivated at times to use them...get a grip Pace......I just keep plugging along...and try to be happy. I hope the best for all of us here and happy holidays.
Ps a very emotional thread to say the least...Hang in there Mr King... we love you man!!

Back