Mid life crisis?

i got that overqualified nonsense when i interviewed as an entry level tech for quickie lube. sometimes jobs just aren't there.

anytime i start to feel like that, i tell myself:
'if i just do what i'm supposed to do, everything will work out just like its supposed to'
whenever i start failing to believe that, i find that i'm not doing what i'm supposed to be doing: whether it is prayer, or lookin out for someone who needs a hand, or bein lazy when i should be workin on somethin...
ya'll get what i'm sayin...

by the way, if nobodies told you today...
i love you all...

Last edited:
With all this mid life crisis going on and thinling if you would've done things different would you be thinking about what things would be like if you made the choices you did, best not to think of wat could be and be thankful for wat is
Posted via Mobile Device

There is nothing better for a man than that he should eat and drink and that his soul should enjoy good in his labor for it is a gift from god, for he who increases knowledge increases sorrow, this is what is been put in my heart to all the brothers out there that fill in a mid life crisis, there is nothing better out there than the love of God let your hearts be fill with the spirit of god not with the crisis of life a check from god would never return void. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

God bless you.

I love you all.

It just gets very frustrating..... No job, Christmas is just a reminder of what I used to have... Not a pity party by any means, there are a lot of folks out there worse off than I. If I hear one more time from a business that I have done consulting with or an individual that tells me I am so good with technology I will scream... At this point I seem to be the smartest unemployed person around... I interviewed with Dell a few weeks ago, they told me that I was so over qualified for the position the interview was a waste of all our time. It seems that I am too educated for an entry level position but I can't seem to land any other jobs out there... I interviewed for a pretty good position recently and the committee I interviewed with told me up front I was too good to be true and that I would not stay at the position. I am in a weird point in my life... I can't get an entry level job because I am too qualified and can't get a solid management position because they just arent out there right now... Very very frustrating...... In the mean time I worry every day about keeping this place running... Crazy isn't it....

cap

no its not crazy it just proves you are the man of your house and look out for whats best for your family, hang in there Doug things will get better...

Cap, you and I are in almost exactly the same boat. I am looking and over qualified for everything...or they are afraid I'll move on...

Keep the faith, if you find something else that fulfills you and allows you to take care of your family, do it!!

at 40.... i feel the same...but i did so much stuff in my life...and still keepin on...onyl thing i missed out on was spending more time with a few of my friends who are no longer with us...

what is it you do Doug? I mean I know some and PM/ email me but I know a LOT of IT recruiters and some open req's depending on what you are into. :beerchug:

Ever got to the point where you just look at your life and wonder if you have wasted your time on this earth. I got to thinking today of time that I have wasted. I have an incredible wife and 2 completely awesome kids but I started thinking that when I was younger I had so much to offer and I have wasted a lot of time and energy on things that just don't matter. I don't have a desire to run out and buy a vette or anything, no affair in my future but I just wonder if there is more for me to offer or did I miss the boat...

Any of you guys ever feel like that?

cap

Ove had moments where i feel and think like that and Im a month shy of 22... It happens

You wasted countless hours on this site.Everyone in your life must have the feeling that they take,or have taken, a backseat to h.org/the internet.

Just my 2.

RSD.

Think of it this way.

All my collegiate background was to become a doctor. I'd always wanted to be a Chiropractor so spent years in college getting all the pre-req's out the way. Studied non-stop 7 days a week, worked nights four years straight. Got accepted into two different Chiro schools and was ready to go.

Got married and 3 mo later, my wife was pregnant. Nix on the doctor thing, time to get a real job.

Same time, started working on the pashnit site due to massive hole left from not being obsessed with school & studying organic chemistry all the time.

Ten years later here we are. Point being Doug whatever curves and regrets we may have, still led you down a path to where you are now for a reason. If I would have become a doctor, the pashnit site would not exist. If you would have taken path b, Hayabusa.org would not exist.

And I'm approaching 40. Feel like I'm half done.

So, when are you gettin this "real job" you speak of?:laugh:

Keep up the good work Tim:thumbsup:

I have felt like that before and then I got married and now I am to busy to even think. :laugh:

Genesis of "mid-life crisis" feelings has to do with the vageries of the nature of time and aging.

When I was young all I did was party and sleep and still had lots of time to do everything I needed and wanted to do - now approaching 50 I never sleep and never party and there aren't enough hours in the day. I have a list and it keeps getting longer! More things that need to be done than there is time. It's probably the reason I so enjoy riding -It's my time, it's my thoughts and my peace. At every moment of the day I'm juggling several things (multi-tasking) but when I ride there is one singular purpose - to enjoy the moment. Time is indeed precious!

Last edited:
Yes, Cap I have been there also. I have been out of work since 2001 with my back and so many times I have felt like a failure. I finally come to realize that it is completely our of my control. I have had 2 surge's on my back with no results and I have spent 3 days a week in therapy for the past year just hoping for some sign of getting better. Every time I go to the mall and walk around it just one time I am reminded that my back is still no better. Then I see someone in a wheelchair or on a walker and I think. I don't have it that bad after all. I take a deep breath close my eyes and continue to pray that someday I will get better. Hang in there and have faith, That is all we can do now days. I hope this helps.

Cap, sorry to hear about you being out of work. Gnaws at a man in a strange and deabilitating sort of way...it's one of those "hell served up for breakfast that is hard to take" sort of things. I have never been out of work so I can only guess how bad your days must get looking for a job. I know you are an intelligent guy and I'm sure you have pounded the pavement...maybe you will have to make a few concessions and look for work that is completely different than what you've done for most of your working life...maybe accept the fact that age might be playing a dirty hand against you...just read an article about recession proof jobs that now are almost completely gone...the demographics of population, age, industries...are changing very rapidly.
Is it possible for you to go to the state and ask for help in getting vocational training or college classes in something completely different from what you did before? Ever thought about going to work in the medical field in nursing, radiology, respiratory, etc?
Nothing wrong with taking a non-linear approach to a difficult situation either...Whatever you are doing isn't working...and no matter how hard you pray or work at it doesn't mean something will drop in your lap either...not being a pessimist...but life has a strange aura about it at certain times of the life....so many people are going through this horrible depression right now...maybe this is the time in your life to change careers and forget about what you have done all of your life...best of luck to you, sir!

Back