Mid-Atlantic east coast riders. MIR/Budd\'s Creek all bike day.

Rob,

Do you ever make it to Ceceil?(spelled wrong I'm sure)

What does the tech consist of? Do I need a kill switch, full leathers, a snell helmet?

I don't know if you've ever been to Budds Creek. I was there about 9 years ago. As I recall it's in the middle of NOWHERE. Make sure you have a full tank of gas before you head out into the boonies. Swampland on either side of the road with a few run down buildings. The track if pretty nice though.

Like I said, I haven't been there in 9 years so it may have changed or my memory has gone bad.

When you come up to the Sunday breakfast, you come up 15? Nice stretches there between Gettysburg and Dillsburg huh? Once you're in Dillsburg you're about 10-15 miles from me, swing by.

Jamie

Jamie, I've never been to the track at Cecil County.

I've been to Bud's Creek a couple times before and it is in the middle of nowhere, which is why I like it. The tech stuff there is the same as most places: Dead man's switch, helmet, leather jacket, boots, full leathers if you're faster than 10.00(I think).

Went for a ride with Lyle in Thurmont just this past Sunday. Either me or Lyle will e-mail you next time we go. Also planning to head to Ephrata, PA for the sportbike gathering on the first Sunday in September. I'd go this month but I'm heading to MIR instead. Again, we can meet up for a ride there if you want.

Rt. 15 is now my high speed testing area. There is a stretch after Gettysburg, I believe, that has a big hill in the median area with trees so that the other side of traffic can't be seen. It heads slightly down hill and is about 1 mile long. That's where I like to open her up. Watched the speedo zoom past 175 last time I was up that way.

Rob,

Yeah, I think I know that stretch. I took my buddy for a ride in his Vette @ around 140mph through there.

I used to date a girl in Waynesboro and I'd rip up 15 from the first exit in MD to the Bigglerville exit in PA, pretty much top speed (in my car) the whole way. At 2AM there's almost no one on that road. Around here that road is a dream, I can't seem to find anything straight and long around here.

Lyle seems to ignore me so I don't expect to hear from him. I sent him a few E mails a while back and got absolutely no response from him. I figure he thinks he too good for me or something.

I won't make this weekend either, I've got too many things going.

Did you know Booker is from your area too? I was supposed to meet up with him a few weeks back but I'm still waiting on some backordered parts for my bike.

Give me a shout next time you're headed my way.
Jamie
ZX1206@aol.com

Back