Microtech lt-10 vs motec m84

Ragu585

Registered
So im at the point in my build that i will need a controller to achieve the power i want to make. I know the microtech will do the job, but is there a benefit to use the motec? I see i would be able to get rid of some of the other electronics i have (killbox,2step,boost controller), is it easy to use to the motec in place of those boxes? Would i just be better off going with the microtech and call it a day?

If the gen 2 boost fuel and logging are not covering enough of your needs ,
you want better ign control, lots more logging etc then a standalone is the way to go

if yout thinking of using a microtech as standalone , don't bother, the gen 2 ecu is way more functional , and even if you were thinking of using microtech onsecondarys , on a gen 2 bike the flashed ecu is still better.

The brand of standalone realy will depend on what your tuner is familiar with ,

If the gen 2 boost fuel and logging are not covering enough of your needs ,
you want better ign control, lots more logging etc then a standalone is the way to go

if yout thinking of using a microtech as standalone , don't bother, the gen 2 ecu is way more functional , and even if you were thinking of using microtech onsecondarys , on a gen 2 bike the flashed ecu is still better.

The brand of standalone realy will depend on what your tuner is familiar with ,

The main problem with Ecu Editor on a Gen 2 turbo - even using extended boost fueling - is that it will only take you to 30 pounds of boost, that is the problem. Ecu Editor has its shortcomings, I've said it from the beginning. And although standalone is the absolute best, using a Microtech as a secondary controller can take you to 40 pounds of boost, enough to make 600 . . . .

I thinght Sportbikerider had gone well beyond 30 with a 5 bar sensor ?? could be wrong
i think at that level i would favor a standalone anyway as your getting pretty serious and would want very good ign timing control probably want lots of logging etc

I am using editor with the woolich log box on my LSR busa , current SCTA fastest bike record on salt and also FIM records with it and while i think its great for a lot of purposes it does have its limits
i have an extra logger to cover what the std ecu cannot see , and i think i am getting an altitude variance in the mapping going from Aussie sea level to Utah salt level which was not as obvious with the old microtech

Just on standalone subject, i am fitting a link g4 extreme to the LSR 750 and so far looks a match for motec, and in conversation with Link if a 100 unit order was made they would begin to supply as plug and play with busa terminals on the ecu, well beyond my budget , but thought it may interest someone

So im at the point in my build that i will need a controller to achieve the power i want to make. I know the microtech will do the job, but is there a benefit to use the motec? I see i would be able to get rid of some of the other electronics i have (killbox,2step,boost controller), is it easy to use to the motec in place of those boxes? Would i just be better off going with the microtech and call it a day?
I was lookn to go that route too but the boost controller function isnt anywhere near what it is with the AMS and not easy to setup so you dont really gain anything from that aspect. ull still need a stand alone boost controller. and finding someone to tune the Motec is another issue. im sure there are guys out there that can but not as many. id say just stick with the microtec.

plus ull pretty much need an AIM dash to see everything which will cost you another $1000 and ull have to have a custom panel built for it to fit. I think those lookn to go deep into the 7's in pro street and compete will surely see a benifit but other then that it just seems like too much of a hassle for me personally.

Well as of now ive been talking with cicel from htp and im looking to go with the motec m1. Also looking at getting a dash so i can get rid of all my guages and clean up that area.

well keep us updated if you go that route. im very interested in seeing how this pans out. especially the boost controller function.

I thinght Sportbikerider had gone well beyond 30 with a 5 bar sensor ?? could be wrong
i think at that level i would favor a standalone anyway as your getting pretty serious and would want very good ign timing control probably want lots of logging etc

I am using editor with the woolich log box on my LSR busa , current SCTA fastest bike record on salt and also FIM records with it and while i think its great for a lot of purposes it does have its limits
i have an extra logger to cover what the std ecu cannot see , and i think i am getting an altitude variance in the mapping going from Aussie sea level to Utah salt level which was not as obvious with the old microtech

Just on standalone subject, i am fitting a link g4 extreme to the LSR 750 and so far looks a match for motec, and in conversation with Link if a 100 unit order was made they would begin to supply as plug and play with busa terminals on the ecu, well beyond my budget , but thought it may interest someone

whats your speed, saying you have a record doesn't tell me much since there are so many classes:poke: :laugh: :thumbsup: btw for having a record only record I have in a police file :down:

253.37mph SCTA and 251.9 FIM 2way averages on a 1407cc busa

I want to avoid those police ones, puts a damper on international travel ;)

The m130 is supposed to have a easier boost controller. I decided not to wait for it.

You do not have to have a digital dash to use the motec PNP. The motec will run the stock dash.

Yeah I know, I just want to get rid of the gauges I have now to clean up that area. Plus the cluster will be the only stock part left on my bike if I don't lol.

The m130 is supposed to have a easier boost controller. I decided not to wait for it.

You do not have to have a digital dash to use the motec PNP. The motec will run the stock dash.
o ok. wasnt aware of that. hmmmm..... u really need to stop posting this chit damit!:banghead::laugh:

I have tried the stock ECU with different pressure sensors (even reprogrammed it for the STOCK sensor to control boost fueling up to the stock sensor limit of ~ 6-7psi)...but now that i have the ice cooler on it, I went back to a gm3bar...Need to get a handle on ~34psi again before worrying about going higher :-)

Here is a video on the motec m130 kit. I'm pretty excited to get htp to set me up with mine. Video is a little long.

M130 ECU Seminar for Motorcycle Drag Racing Applications - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back