Micron Full Exhaust

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
I have read the threads long enough to know sort of the pecking order for full exhausts around here, but am looking at a Micron system and wanted to know what folks thought about them. No need to rank order full systems, just tell me what you think about the Micron. Especially want to hear from those that have or have had one. Well, and maybe a comparison with an Akrapovic Full Race System for grins.

I'm happy with my micron full system. Fits good, sounds good.

Never dyno'ed.. But I know it did increase 1/4 mi top speeds about 6-7 mph/.1-.15 tenths different from running stock to the full micron w/no PCII (or PCIII if thats your pick) I've run it with a PCII, and without. It runs fine without.. although just a little choppy at low RPMs. With the power commander it smooths it out,, but no real improvement in performance.

at most maybe 1/2 mph at the strip,, but those may have just a little better run on my part too.

no backfiring or any of that jazz.. but I know it's not supposed to be one of the big HP gainers either.

hey Ken,

Can't really compare the Micron to any other Busa sysytem as I've not heard any other pipe on one.
But as for myself, I really like the Micron, very nice fit, very nice finish, and sounds really nice.  Good deep growl.  Pipe and Pc was good for 10HP on my bike.  If your concidering Him's pipe, I'd say its a good deal, if your looking new, I think for the price..................Micron all the way.

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107928394 -->

BT, as you know I dont own a Micron system. Before I bought my present system, as you also know, I had micron race cans.Had a problem with one of the seals, called up Micron in the UK, They squared me away promply with no charge!! Unfortunately they have somewhat of a bad rap in the U.S. due to some vendors being unable to compete with their (Micron's) costs, so they figured they would badmouth the Micron products. Personally, I like their products, especially the colored cans, the cans are also easily servicable as well. Hope this helps.NJ.:)

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107928361 -->

hey Ken,

Can't really compare the Micron to any other Busa sysytem as I've not heard any other pipe on one.
But as for myself, I really like the Micron, very nice fit, very nice finish, and sounds really nice.  Good deep growl.  Pipe and Pc was good for 10HP on my bike.  If your concidering Him's pipe, I'd say its a good deal, if your looking new, I think for the price..................Micron all the way.
Thanks, Scott. Almost forgot you had the Micron pipe. It is the him is selling that I'm considering. Another question. How does the growl compare to a Yosh RS3 system? I heard one a couple weeks back that sounded amazing! Out of curiosity do you have any pics handy of your bike in stock form?

BT, as you know I dont own a Micron system. Before I bought my present system, as you also know, I had micron race cans.Had a problem with one of the seals, called up Micron in the UK, They squared me away promply with no charge!! Unfortunately they have somewhat of a bad rap in the U.S. due to some vendors being unable to compete with their (Micron's) costs, so they figured they would badmouth the Micron products. Personally, I like their products, especially the colored cans, the cans are also easily servicable as well. Hope this helps.NJ.:)
I remember those Micron cans! They are what sold me on the set that I bought. Just thinking about a couple other things now. I am still a little unsure about the performance changes between the Micron and the Akra. Guess I will go check the weight for each and a couple other things. Thanks.

Well buddy got you coverd there stock weight was 39lbs
micron with a TI can was 13
I havent weight this one becasue i boxed it up and had it ready to ship but got shafted by a buyer who backed out. Any way it should weight a little under 20 lbs like 16-17. Going home for lunch so pics on the way
smile.gif

You tha man, him! I am extremely close to saying yes, but will no by tomorrow for sure.

Have you been to microns website. There are two of them one is micron-exaust .com and i cant remember the other i always find it accidently7

I used to have the Micron full system on my bike. Actually, I sold it to user 'Him.' The only reason I got rid of it was because I like the look of the dual pipes better, so I switched to some Yosh Carbon Fiber and Jet Hott ceramic coated headers. I've changed the bike quite a bit, but here's a pic of the exhaust when I first got the bike.

busa1.jpg

I used to have the Micron full system on my bike.  Actually, I sold it to user 'Him.'  The only reason I got rid of it was because I like the look of the dual pipes better, so I switched to some Yosh Carbon Fiber and Jet Hott ceramic coated headers.  I've changed the bike quite a bit, but here's a pic of the exhaust when I first got the bike.
Good to see it stayed in the family. How long did you have on your bike before going back to the dual pipe look?

I used to have the Micron full system on my bike.  Actually, I sold it to user 'Him.'  The only reason I got rid of it was because I like the look of the dual pipes better, so I switched to some Yosh Carbon Fiber and Jet Hott ceramic coated headers.  I've changed the bike quite a bit, but here's a pic of the exhaust when I first got the bike.
Good to see it stayed in the family.  How long did you have on your bike before going back to the dual pipe look?
I bought the bike last September and took the exhaust off in December. I didn't get to do too much riding in that time because once it got cold, I had to take the bike home from college.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure how long the previous owner had it on the bike before I bought it. I don't think it was too long....he seemed to have taken pretty good care of it.
I definitely liked the sound.....it wasn't too raspy, but more of a deeper growl....it gets fairly loud when the bike is revved up.

Ken, at work so I have no pics here, but here's the link to my first board post with pics.

As for the yosh, I can't help you there, have never heard one.  The only system I've heard is an HMF on my neighbors 04 puple and black turbo bike here at work.  When we have rode together, I cant hear his bike over mine, and even when he's on my left side, he says the bike sounds awesome.  He can hear my bike more so over his own.

I've been told it screams and is really loud when you are on it hard, Like I said, I don't have much to compare to, but I couldn't imagine it sounding better.

Thanks again, Scott. I think I have made my decision. I was already inclined to go with Micron since I have a set of bolt-ons already, so the rest has just been gravy. Do the mods ever stop?

Back