Michigan Armed Protesters

I did a lot of study regarding the Viet Nam war as a point of interest...a couple guys on this forum were there and fought in it...I can't remember if you were or not so my apologies in advance.

The Viet Nam war was a very complex operation which was never able to be won due to a political stance by the US government.

The NVA supplied the VC with the Russian and Chinese help.

Sanctuary counties were set up and the US forces weren't able to pursue the opposition into these areas due to political influence..it was an unpopular war fought at a time where the people didn't support the action...a very sad thing for the returning troops who were treated like garbage by their own civilian population...

Violence can bring about quick change but not always in a positive or productive manner...the old saying "earn their hearts and minds" comes to the forefront here. Piss off the local populace and you might as well pack up and go home because they know the terrain and will side with the enemy just to seek revenge on the occupying force...

This happens quite often and has happened in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq more than once.

….but I digress back to the original thread topic.
. Yes , I’m a vet of Vietnam. I know one thing for sure , if you don’t have support at home you haven’t a chance. When I got home the only people that cared or had an idea of what we went through were other war vets (WW2 and Korea). Yes I’m still bitter, and I hate those who opposed and looked down on us. Still if my country called to do it all over I’d go again.

. Yes , I’m a vet of Vietnam. I know one thing for sure , if you don’t have support at home you haven’t a chance. When I got home the only people that cared or had an idea of what we went through were other war vets (WW2 and Korea). Yes I’m still bitter, and I hate those who opposed and looked down on us. Still if my country called to do it all over I’d go again.

I've run across many Viet Nam vets who said the same thing...went into a war zone, did things which were unnatural for normal humans only to come home and be treated like garbage....

One guy in particular was a Canadian who went to the 'States and did multiple tours. He said fighting in the war was not as bad as when he came home. He left the US and came back to Canada-back to the farm (this is where I met him as his farm butted up against ours).

He and I got along great and after I joined our army, he actually started to open up and tell me a bit of what he did over there..

As a former soldier to you former soldiers, I have great respect for what you did and where you went.

I hear you and understand fully big J.
It CAN be about how things are interpreted.
Oh,could you throw me a pop? No I don't want you toss your Dad off the balcony.View attachment 1618159

Like that right? It CAN be confusing.
Rube.
Have this conversation regularly, here in Michigan it's pop and can't stand people who have grown up here to call it soda. Living in the south as a kid I got used to everything being called coke, first time I ordered a coke at a restaurant and the waitress asked what kind I thought she must have just been plain dumb but turns out my yankee @$$ was the dumb one:laugh:. The best was the older guys around that town (think of mayberry or hazzard county it was the 90's but felt like that whole area had calendars that never went past 1975) would come into the restaurant my mom worked at and ask for a yeller dope. Now to a young yankee from Detroit that was an interesting conversation trying to ask my mom exactly what she was serving up to those people:lol::laugh:

Have this conversation regularly, here in Michigan it's pop and can't stand people who have grown up here to call it soda. Living in the south as a kid I got used to everything being called coke, first time I ordered a coke at a restaurant and the waitress asked what kind I thought she must have just been plain dumb but turns out my yankee @$$ was the dumb one:laugh:. The best was the older guys around that town (think of mayberry or hazzard county it was the 90's but felt like that whole area had calendars that never went past 1975) would come into the restaurant my mom worked at and ask for a yeller dope. Now to a young yankee from Detroit that was an interesting conversation trying to ask my mom exactly what she was serving up to those people:lol::laugh:
"yeller dope" makes me think of that member from Ontario Canada.
Just sayin'....
Rubb.

Dude I had the exact experience in reverse, Lol! I thought it sounded pretty silly asking for a Pop.

Dude I had the exact experience in reverse, Lol! I thought it sounded pretty silly asking for a Pop.
A soda has ice cream in it, ie. chocolate soda!
hey you guys...come on....

OK,were back to folks rights,rebel militia types,opinions on guns etc.
Had this sent to me.
Is this an' accurate portrayal? The right/need to carry with you on a daily basis,a fully loaded AK-47....you know just in case? The scenario: You are pulled over by police [on your way to a friendly neighbourhood militia group meeting] for a minor traffic infraction.You feel your rights have been violated in some way,thats why you feel the need to be armed to the teeth. Not to worry,your rights are guaranteed.

Assaults weapons=some sort of belief in something= perhaps add in a little drug and or alcohol problem,mental disorder,or maybe just plain ol' pissed off at the current administration? Dash cam video
I would personally like everyone of these types of weapons on the entire planet be destroyed,in case they fall into the wrong hands.
GUNS...everybody should be packin' 24-7. Good idea right? Just in case.
Rube.

Last edited:
Now what if these types of guns were not easily accessible or even gone from existence.I know outrageous thinking on my part.
Is this close to reality? I know its just a movie, but is it really that easy?
Walk in,pick out something as if you were buying a quart of milk

FAIRLY close to reality or not?
Rubb them all out.

I'm not positive,but it would appear that not much of that pesky paperwork is even required.
This business owner seems to have it all figured out. He wants us all to combine events...it's a real time saver. You head out,on the trail for a new car. Why not buy one that comes with the ability to easily kill your fellow man?
Good idea right?

Rubbelion =

I guess I'm lucky where I have chosen to live. Armed militia just aren't necessary. A huge stockpile of guns and ammo,you really don't need it.Heck,even locking your doors at night seems like a waste of time in a lot of the nation.I'm lazy...have never voted. Who ever wins the big prize has never done me any wrong in anyway [like I would know about it anyway] :D .I just keep myself and my situation in a way where politics are irrelevant to my happy existence.
I've only been apart of one highly questionable organization in my entire life....

Hayabusa.Org

Bunch of freedom lovin', caring, highly intellectual, do-goodin' bastids. YUK.
Rubb ish.

Blame it all on these highly intoxicating,new fangled energy drinks.
LOADED with caffeine,sugar and 12 other things I can't spel.
A good nights sleep is just a pipe dream at this point.
Rubb'n my eyes.
View attachment 1618207

Now is that label really on half upside down...or is it just me?
There HAS to be some reason you aren't sleeping...glad we are here (at some point) to keep you amused and awake...

What my Father taught me helped me weed my way through a lot of people who think like you. The experiences in my life have confirmed to me how many people think. My Father made sure it wasn't a surprise.
People who think like me? Wow. So tell me Arch. What have people that think like me taken from you? What have people that think like me ever done to you? Speaking from people that think like me. Perhaps you are perpetuating a problem that doesn't exist. I get that you might have been subjected to some racism in your life. If you feel you want to label me as a racist, be my guest. At the end of the day you can call me anything you like. My father never told me anything negative towards any race. And he wasn't nearly as educated as your father was.

Back