michelin ?

bear

Registered
Has anyone ran the new michelin pilot pure yet? I hear alot about em, but not from anyone that has ride time on them. I ask because I was told that due to the weight of the busa that a super high performance tire is not needed as the weight of the bike alone will stick it to almost any corner. Any thoughts?

I have heard the only new real technology on the bike is the tire gets stickier on the last 10% of the tire. I don't think that improvement will really help the average daily rider.

According to the folks I've spoken to at Michelin USA the Michelin pure tire isn't in anyone's hands as of yet. Should be end of the 1st quarter.

As far as the weight of the bike making the tire stick better, you should ignore any advice from the person who said this. There's alot more to cornering and traction than just the physical weight of your bike.

Has anyone ran the new michelin pilot pure yet? I hear alot about em, but not from anyone that has ride time on them. I ask because I was told that due to the weight of the busa that a super high performance tire is not needed as the weight of the bike alone will stick it to almost any corner. Any thoughts?

According to the folks I've spoken to at Michelin USA the Michelin pure tire isn't in anyone's hands as of yet. Should be end of the 1st quarter.

As far as the weight of the bike making the tire stick better, you should ignore any advice from the person who said this.
There's alot more to cornering and traction than just the physical weight of your bike.

+100 :duh:

I gathered that much. I think I'm gonna spring for a set. A dealership by me has a set and it's only 350-400 a set. small price to pay considering what's on those small strips of rubber.

keep us posted. I keep hearing "we've got 'em" but I never get to see them for real.
I gathered that much. I think I'm gonna spring for a set. A dealership by me has a set and it's only 350-400 a set. small price to pay considering what's on those small strips of rubber.

freedomcycleinc.com, I don't know if they have shipping prices but I know they had a few set's there. STICKY A## TIRES. I just don't know if I care for the lack of tread on the last quarter inch of the tire. Said to grip better at more of a lean angle

Michelin has done it again! Michelin’s Pilot Power 2CT was revolutionary, but now they’ve upped their game with the Power Pure. The Power Pure is not replacing the 2CT, but adding to their lineup. The Pure is an improvement of the 2CT in key performance areas like wet grip, dry grip, and stability.

Race-like Reflexes

* Provides ultimate cornering confidence and handling precision
* Revolutionary Light Tire Technology: a pair of Michelin Power Pure tires is more than 2 pounds lighter than comparable high-performance tires
* Improved in all key performance areas vs. Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires

Hold the Road

* All-new 2CT tread formulation for phenomenal grip
* Aggressive, longitudinal tread grooves optimize wet performance

Exceptionally fun ride! Superb wet and dry grip, handling, cornering stability, and feedback

Want a pair? They are on sale at SuperbikeToyStore.com for as low as 256.95 a set!

michelin-pilot-pure-tires.jpg

" I just don't know if I care for the lack of tread on the last quarter inch of the tire. Said to grip better at more of a lean angle "

tread pattern is mainly for water dispursing and not grip. These tires will give you more grip leaned over on dry pavement.

I love my METZLER SPORTEC M-3's.

Just put a set of Power Pure on mine today. The ride is smooth, warm up quick nice and sticky. Will let you know about the mileage.....

I have a set of Pures. I LOVE them! I got the 190/55 on the rear and it is great, and the front tyre is fantastically light and sticky!

Michelin's website goes on and on about how reducing the unsprung mass makes a huge difference in handling, and I thought that it was all just the usual marketing BS but I was WRONG. The difference can be felt immediately.

Get them; you'll be very happy.

EDIT: If you only ride in straight lines, I wouldn't bother with the Pures. But for those of you who like to ride the twisties, this is a tyre I whole-heartedly recommend.

Last edited:
Back