Michelin tire users, need some advice!

Bruno44052

Registered
I'm gonna order new tires for my 06 Busa.
For those who have run both Pilot Pures, and Pilot Power 2ct's.. Which did you prefer, pro's & con's please!!!!!

Have searched tons of posts, but really like a review from those who have tried both!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!
Bruno

Pures were great.... Long mileage (5k and still lots of tread left) and great grip.

Jza

My little Gixxer came with PP2's and I am not impressed after riding them on the track. They shred like crazy and the front cupped pretty fast.

Back tire.jpg

My little Gixxer came with PP2's and I am not impressed after riding them on the track. They shred like crazy and the front cupped pretty fast.

That is typical wear for a tire from a track day (not the cupping but the shredding)... You should have seen my Gixxer's front tire at the bash. I was from my last track day and was shredded worse than that on both sides. Just riding the dragon at the bash got my back tire to look almost like yours (not quite but close)... and I was running Q2's

I luv my 2CT's!! They have never let me down I avg 3800-4200 on the rears and about 5500 on the front. I dont run my tires once they hit the wear bars.
Michelin Pilot Road 3's will handle everything but aggressive riding out of sharp leaning turns.

That is because they are not a track tire

Pilot powers and other equivalent tires (q2, bt03 rs) are plenty capable for the track until you get into the middle of the advanced pack.

I run q2's at the track and run a respectable advanced pace and have never even had a q2 budge on me.

When I ran the CT'2 the front had about 9,000 miles before it started cupping. And they lasted about 14,000 miles on the set before I replaced them. I didn't feel to comfortable in the rain with them though. Also when I would go into a lean it felt a little uneasy for some reason, didn't lose grip but just felt a bit weird.

I'm gonna order new tires for my 06 Busa.
For those who have run both Pilot Pures, and Pilot Power 2ct's.. Which did you prefer, pro's & con's please!!!!!

Have searched tons of posts, but really like a review from those who have tried both!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!

Bruno

I'm not a Michelin fan but since the pure is the latest version of the PP line I would think the pure would be your best choice.

Jelly, that's not a tire issue that's a combination of tire pressure and suspension issue!

This is a proper race tire and this is normal wear after a track day.

power-one.jpg

Your issue is also tire pressure and suspension related.

Most suspension guys will tell you that Michelin tires are extremely sensitive to tire pressure. Some times as little as 1/2 pound makes a difference. Track guys who run michelins should check their tire pressure throughout the day as the outside air temperatures change to manintain grip and proper tire ware. A shreaded tire is always a sign of underlying issues.

Back