michelin pures

im on my second front cant say that i had that problem it did have some odd wear almost like the rubber was rubbing off on the sides?

never heard anything like that.... But if its happening to you I can get Michelin # for you to call so they can replace it...

No problems yet with my set I am running! But I am not getting another after these wear out. I dont like the way they feel on turn in and they squirm too much under power while leaned over. Also they suck in the wet! Spun up with light throttle and went sideways a few times..... I dont trust them enough to push the bike to my level of riding!

which Pure are you using?? LTT or 2CT 2Ct is the best tire in that group!!!

But if it hard street ridding and fast curve's you should be using the Pilot series..

Pure's are great on the street but to me not good in the curves.... me and some of our Quality guys at work was talking about the different in the 2... And its more grip on the Pilot series on the side than thier is on the Pure series....

I just put a set of Mich Power Pure 2ct on my GEN 1, I have 3 sets of the Power 2ctin the past. I rode about 50miles in the rain have had no problems. I pushed a little but, I leave some more feedback after this Sunday's ride.

no problems with them on the busa, got about 1000 miles on them so far. just got them put on the cbr so no feed back yet. i have always been a dunlop guy, a friend and a really good price convinced me to give the pures a try. it truly amazes me at the different opinions that i read about concerning tires. some people love them, some people hate them. i will keep an eye on them for separating issues.

same here, no issues so far after about 1000 miles. Really liked the pilot power 2ct's on my gsxr 750 so i figured the 2ct pure's would be a good choice. Very happy with them thus far

which Pure are you using?? LTT or 2CT 2Ct is the best tire in that group!!!

But if it hard street ridding and fast curve's you should be using the Pilot series..

Pure's are great on the street but to me not good in the curves.... me and some of our Quality guys at work was talking about the different in the 2... And its more grip on the Pilot series on the side than thier is on the Pure series....

I have the 2ct series of the pures and already 1200 miles on them. I will not be going back to them. I am not getting the feel from them like I did the Bridgestones. I had... Bt002's (last set)and the Bt016's (2 sets before the Btoo2's) and could feel how the bike was working. The Pures for me just dont work for my riding style. They lack the feedback and trust worthiness I need to push the bike in and out of corners. When the front end pushes out 1 to 2 feet coming out of a curve with the back sliding around some.... Things get hairy. I didnt low side...it under steered! Never had that happen before!

I have the 2ct series of the pures and already 1200 miles on them. I will not be going back to them. I am not getting the feel from them like I did the Bridgestones. I had... Bt002's (last set)and the Bt016's (2 sets before the Btoo2's) and could feel how the bike was working. The Pures for me just dont work for my riding style. They lack the feedback and trust worthiness I need to push the bike in and out of corners. When the front end pushes out 1 to 2 feet coming out of a curve with the back sliding around some.... Things get hairy. I didnt low side...it under steered! Never had that happen before!

Russ (Pardini) had the Same Issue............Sticking with my PP2CT None PURE and still loving them. May Try the B16 or the Dunlop New Qualifiers Next Time

I have the PP2CT and love em!

Very solid in the corners, to me; but a friend tells me I'm leavin a nice black strip coming out of the corner. Feels very solid to me. :beerchug:

I have 300 miles on the Pures from the last post, Im like the tires so far. Great in the twisties. Bike feels stable. And they seem to be wearing ok.

I never tried the pures but the PP2CT rocks in my book. It provides the traction I need when hitting twisty roads and provides stiffer compound in the middle for long trips. However I'm going to give BT016 a try on my next set.

Just put 2000 miles on a fresh set of pures over 3 days riding to and from and in the hills around rapid city and sturgis.

love these tires soo far.

enough feed back for me, good road manors, and the seem to channel water very well.

i'd recommend them for someone that is more sport than touring, but wants to sport tourer.

Back