michelin Pilots, chain and sprockets

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Vegas, what sprockets have you installed?

Did you stay with the stock 17/40?

Your going to be happy with your Pilot Sports, is the rear the 190?

I stayed with stock gearing. I put the dymags on and after 4400 miles the chain got some real tight spots on it. Suzuki told me that would happen when you install a new sprocket with used chain. And they were right. So now im installing all new sprockets and a new chain so not to repeat this problem. The rear is a 190.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 11 December 1999).]

Vegas did you stick with Suzuki sprockets?

Da,I forgot you had the Dymags which is a Talon sprocket.

What did you you buy for a front sprocket, Suzuki?

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 11 December 1999).]

The pilots and sprockets and chain is on. Got to scrub the tire in have only 11 miles on them. The scrub in will happen tomorrow. I was told that sport rider rated the Michelin Pilots the best tire. But I was also told that they took awhile to heat up. How long is awhile?

Well as I type i am having the pilots and new sprockets being put on the busa, along with a new stock chain. Can't wait to try the pilots. Going for a ride to Oatman Arizona tomorrow and am taking the back side in. It has a lot of cracks in the road filled in with tar. They say the Pilots grip real well on this type of surface. The dunlops (207's) don't and the oem tire for the busa doesnt either. Well by tomorrow nite I'll let you know..........

Ok, one word about the pilots...........................STABLE!! Went into some of my favorite curves after scrubbing in and man did these babies stick. It also didn't slide on the tar surface i refered to in my earlier post. I went to 185 a couple of times and the tire was real smooth. My suspension must be set up right cause the bike was really smooth no matter what I did. I am very happy with the tire. Also when you go to lean, it leans quicker and just sticks. What is neat about this is you can change lines going hard in the curve without upsetting the bike........

Back