Michelin Pilot sport vs Avon Storms

Michelin Pilot sport vs Avon Storms - which is a better sport touring tire?

• Michelin Pilot sport

Votes: 34 100.0%
  • Avon Storms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nerfboy

Registered
I have gone through a few sets of Michelin Pilot sports
on other bikes and been pretty happy with them. But I've seen some good reviews on the Storms, and every bike rides different.

My oem bridgestones are approaching the tread wear mark with 10k on them. 10k is more then I ever expected to get from a set of tires on the busa. Being that both the Sport and Storms will wear better then the OEMs. I am not too concerned about which will have better wear, but more in how they handle Seattle slop.

Thanks!

(nerfboy @ Aug. 08 2007,18:17) I have gone through a few sets of Michelin Pilot sports
on other bikes and been pretty happy with them. But I've seen some good reviews on the Storms, and every bike rides different.

My oem bridgestones are approaching the tread wear mark with 10k on them. 10k is more then I ever expected to get from a set of tires on the busa. Being that both the Sport and Storms will wear better then the OEMs. I am not too concerned about which will have better wear, but more in how they handle Seattle slop.

Thanks!
How the heck did you get 10k out of the stocker?

I'm on my second Storm rear and should get 6.5k like the 1st.
Superb compared to the two Bridgestones that got 4.2k ea.

wow almost 4k on stock rear and lookin for a rew one

Best I've gotten out of the Battlax's or Pilot Powers is 4500 miles.  Then again, I'm only 45 miles from the Dragon.  I think I will try the Storms next time though.

Avon Storm tires are street sport tires made to handle the rain..hence the Storm name.

Thinking about trying some Avons myself.

what about the new Michelin Pilot Roads with 2Ct technology ?

I am think about those next.

Try to see if I can get more than 3 weeks out of a rear tire.

I think I need a third set of rim to try differnet tires.

OEM on one set. (Long highway trips)
PP 2CTs on the other. (Local back roads)

Now another for rain. That's crazy.

Just switched from Avon Azaro's, man what a difference in the dry, much more of a sure footed feeling. Don't know about the wet?
They are sport touring but I'm not super aggressive so their working good so far. Feels good when I do lay into them with no surprises yet, I just make sure their good and warmed up.
I just hope I get the same mileage as the Azaro's which was over 9k and still wasn't on the wear bars. No clearance issues with the 200.
It would be interesting to see how they work for someone thats super aggressive, which I'm not.

storm_002.jpg

Can you put a 200 on a stock Busa, or is it just that tire ? Someone posted a while back that the stock battleaxe's were closer to a 200 than a Dunlop 190, is this true ?

The stock Busa tire is a 198, so yeah it's pretty close to a 200 already. The 200 series Avon Storm is a 204, so there is only 6mm difference between the two.

(busa_bill @ Aug. 08 2007,20:27)
(nerfboy @ Aug. 08 2007,18:17) I have gone through a few sets of Michelin Pilot sports

Thanks!
How the heck did you get 10k out of the stocker?

I'm on my second Storm rear and should get 6.5k like the 1st.
Superb compared to the two Bridgestones that got 4.2k ea.
I've got 5,500 on a 200 Storm, and the middle tread is gone... How far will these go before the cords start showing through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back