Michelin Pilot Sport - on the road at last

...well excuse me for wanting to refine my well practised mid corner panic braking techcnique...I feel that I have this down to an art and like it when the bike cooperates like the TL 1000R on Dunlop D207's did...I like it when I have a bit more say in how much the bike stands up... I always use a lot of trail braking to settle or compress the front so that it dont upset the pig when yu flick her in....some times I feel like I'm fighting the Busa more than the TL in this regard...from what I've read on the other posts it looks like I'll be looking to get a set of them tires and a DB wind screen too...I usualy have worn the front tire out by the time the rear needs replacing...all cupped from wacko braking...this comes up a lot in the street...

Best Cycle, email me too......davea@lvcm.com i think i want you to order me a set............

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 10 October 1999).]

To heck with it Best Cycle just order me a set............ok...........? Hey when you do though check and see what the top speed of these tires are rated at. if you think that these will work for me "get em."

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 10 October 1999).]

Vegas the only thing i can tell you is email the big M on that. My friend Ray which is the rep told me they would be just find on the busa. Z rating is the highest rating on M page

[This message has been edited by jim p (edited 10 October 1999).]

Hapo sure didn't mean to treat you like a beginner...you're obviously not.

Especially if you go thru front buns faster than rears.

But you gotta admit, the more traction you've got left on the front, and jussabout any tire gives you more front traction that the OE **** tire, to more she'll wanna stand up.

Better tires make you stand up sharper, just like they make you do everything else sharper.

I finally found time to ride the Busa with the new 190/50 & 120/70 Michelins. The bike transformed from sluggish and uneasy feeling beast into a nimble accurate monster.

Now I really can not wait to ride with my Ducati mounted buddies since the last bike I rode that felt this good was one of theirs. Changing lines in the middle of corners was something I never felt sure with on the OEM Bridgestones, the Pilots make the bike a new machine to explore the limits of cornering faith and trust.

I am sure that any new set of tires would have been a big improvement on the well worn BT56j's but I never expected or felt tires this good.

Another member has installed a set and I am anxious to hear from his comments on the new tires.

Does the bike stand up on the brakes in corners? This is one thing I've noted with the stock set up...how loud is that Yosh pipe?

Is there a good deal on these tires somwhere?
Best Cycle Parts?tonyde@internetni.com
Are they rated to go 190?

[This message has been edited by viol8r (edited 10 October 1999).]

Best cycle, on second thought, dont order them yet, I drive high speed alot and i need to know that these tires will take it. I know the bridgestones will............I get nervous just thinkin what would happen if these tires dont take to the high speed...l

Hapo, applying front brake mid corner will make any bike on any tires want to stand up.

If you insist on holding your front braking during a corner and you don't let the bike stand up by widening your cornering arc, your front braking may, depending on how much of your front tire's available adhesion is already being employed by your cornering, overload your front tire. Then your front tire will push and if you don't get off the brake or let the bike stand up you'll just fall into a sickening low-side.

Why do you consider mid-corner braking to be an option? It's just going to get into trouble if you're cornering the least bit aggressively.

In my observation, mid-corner panic braking is the number one cause of track day single-bike crashes.

KawAbuser, glad you like your new tires. The OEs are really bad. The rear is dangerously so in my opinion.

Back