Michelin Pilot Sport HPX

Good tires...not the best for twisties, but overall they are GOOD :beerchug:

They are design for heavy Hypersport type bikes...Busa, ZX12, ZX14, 1100XX

Thx for the input my short Alaska season has ended and I wont get to test um out till April 09' so Thank you!

They are a 99Y rated tire. Stable at 200mph....might be a bit slippery cold, but dead stable at the top of the needle...warm them up and run'em Brother !!!...they're my next tire !!!! :oldcool: and it's "almost" time....

had them, not a fan, never again. way too slippery for my style

I'm thinking of going for these tires too... Any last recommendations/suggestions before I make the final click?

Would appreciate your input!

Tx

Thx for the input my short Alaska season has ended and I wont get to test um out till April 09' so Thank you!

Its only 51°F, go ride young man!:laugh:
I have friends in Kasilof. Love Alaska.
Do you ever ride down toward the Turnagain arm? Are there any twisties near you so you can test the tires?
Thanks
Bubba

Bump... Anyone??? HPX??? :poke:

Riding style: Fast straight lines... never been on track so it would be my first, so wont be killin corners, just cruising by'em, til I am comfy and confident.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of my Michelin Power Pilot 2ct's... expensive but they feel like claws on road... I LOVE them and I put about 5k miles a month on my busa.

:smileyexhibit:

Good tires...not the best for twisties, but overall they are GOOD :beerchug:

They are design for heavy Hypersport type bikes...Busa, ZX12, ZX14, 1100XX

I've been wondering too, so they're not as good through the curves as regular pilot power's? I'de hate to spend the extra and them not stick well. I would also have to stay that I can't belive Suzuki still runs bridestone battlecraps on there new bikes, they wobble and dance through every curve. Absolutely hate em!!!

Bump... Anyone??? HPX??? :poke:

Riding style: Fast straight lines... never been on track so it would be my first, so wont be killin corners, just cruising by'em, til I am comfy and confident.

I'm here to report that Elena and I banged some twisties and they stick just fine. Me alone, even better. A little body-english required for best results. No effort. I'm delighted. Spent the last three years on Metzelers and the HPX's are great....get them warm, and roll them around, they'll surprise you in a good way ! :super:

I'm here to report that Elena and I banged some twisties and they stick just fine. Me alone, even better. A little body-english required for best results. No effort. I'm delighted. Spent the last three years on Metzelers and the HPX's are great....get them warm, and roll them around, they'll surprise you in a good way ! :super:

AHHHH.. finally... thanks bro... SOLD! the thing is even if I got more negative remarks on them, I will always feel I gotta try them to find out. Michelin markets them specifically for bikes like the busa and zx14, it just makes you wana try it... frickn' selling tactics, they work! Issue is I couldnt find many reviews online about them, usually about 2cts etc. utting in the order saturday. Wont install till my Stock burn out, but need them ready for once they do. THanks again!

If anyone else has any experience to share with HPX please let us know! TX. neo

Interesting, just went to Michelin's site and using their tire selector tool that is the tire they recommend for the Busa, Oh well the PP 2CT's I ordered yesterday will just have to do. :laugh:

Call Charles at streetntrack....he has the hook-up !!! :super: Early on they were waxie....like any tire they felt slick. I put a couple hundred miles on them going to Reno, and about the time Megawat jumped past me on the I-120...it was on.....they also got the rain test and they were fine coming into Reno as well.......since break-in finished up, they've just been plain decent.... :super:

No problem with the 2ct's, Gofaster runs those and swears by them....

Back