Michelin Pilot Sport Hpx

Shadowbusa

Registered
Anyone know who has these tires in stock and at the best price?? I ordered from Ride Direct but they were "back ordered" till mid Jan. Im doing a track day on the 7th at Willow Springs and would love to give these a go!

if you're doing a track day on the busa, I'd really recommend the Diablos or Powers over the Sport HPX which really only helps your top end. just my thoughts. I have the HPX now and although well planted at 180, they dont seem as sticky on the street as the Diablos did. my $7.49 worth. I'm going Diablo for my track days next year

um, yeah, I ordered my HPX's thru my local dealer and had to wait a few weeks for both to arrive in stock

Michelin: Made in France!

Why not get the latest and greatest technology in street tires? Dual compound tires are now available in both Bridgestone BT014 and Dunlop 218. Street compound in the center for longivity and race compound on the outside shoulders for maximum grip in the corners?
Just a thought you may want to consider? I think most of the liter bikes now come from the factory with dual compound tires? I'm just about to install my fourth set of BT014's and I love those things. Bridgestone says they have Moto GP compound on the shoulders to make them stick and I can vouch for the sticky part.
Just my humble opinoin but may be worth the thought?

Thanks for the help guys! I decided to go with the Powers. Ill let you know how they do on the track. They have to be better than the Dunlops....:)
One of these days Im gonna buy a set of tires in Advance before the rubber goes out so I can get a decent deal!
Again thanks for the help!

On a side note...I went with the 190 rear... I know you guys are gonna shoot me but I like the ride better on the street....any comments?

On a side note...I went with the 190 rear... I know you guys are gonna shoot me but I like the ride better on the street....any comments?

190 is standard. 180 steers REAL NICE but may feel twitchy at VHS [very high speeds]. overall, I prefer a 190

The HPX designation does represent dual rubber compound--harder in the center for longevity and softer in the shoulders for grip. I've pushed my Pilot Sport HPX's to the edges of the rear tire (190) and they bite very well--after being warmed up. When properly warmed and at correct pressures, they are very confidence inspiring. I'm happy with them as a sort of "best of both worlds" solution.
wink.gif

i have the bridgestone bt014 and they grip very good . figure i have got about 3200 miles on them and can get about another 500 miles on them before i replace them.
smile.gif

parts411.com 237 a set for pilot powers.

Dont even try to say that the D218s are on the same level as the pilot powers. Have you read any reviews?

The HPX designation does represent dual rubber compound--harder in the center for longevity and softer in the shoulders for grip. I've pushed my Pilot Sport HPX's to the edges of the rear tire (190) and they bite very well--after being warmed up. When properly warmed and at correct pressures, they are very confidence inspiring. I'm happy with them as a sort of "best of both worlds" solution.
wink.gif
i have to agree, and they ride great when it's wet out. I don't feel like i'm losing much traction at all. On another note, it's been about a week since i've taken her out. does anybody know what the tire pressure should be for the front? I can't find anything on the sidewall

thanks in advance

vic

standard is 42 PSI for both, and on higher speeds. less if you need heat/grip

Back