Michelin Pilot road 2s wore out!

georgiabusa_05

Fun Times!
Donating Member
I replaced my rear yesterday and finished my front today. :D I got 10672 miles out of the rear and 9191 miles out of the front. :) That is great as far as I am concerned since I was getting about 4500 out of a rear Pilot power. The tires handled great all the way until the end. They are great in the rain also, so if anyone was wondering about them I give 2 thumbs up! :) Here are a few pics I took.

The rear with a new tire to compair to and then, pic 3 and 4, the front, just to the wear bars in the middle.

037.jpg

034.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

I have heard nothing but good things about this tire. My Kat needs a new front but i might just replace both.

Nice photos by the way. I already know im going for those tires once i have my Busa.

I have the PPR2 on my rear and have almost 8k on it and it still looks great! I have had it come loose out of a few corners though under hard acceleration. I went back to look, no sand or gravel, tire just kinda gave. It hasnt happend much, but man it scared me!

i'll hafta look into those. i just put pilot powers on about 600mi ago, but i've been hearing about these road2's alot lately.

I have the PPR2 on my rear and have almost 8k on it and it still looks great! I have had it come loose out of a few corners though under hard acceleration. I went back to look, no sand or gravel, tire just kinda gave. It hasnt happend much, but man it scared me!

Been there, done that and nearly crapped me self! ???

I replaced my rear yesterday and finished my front today. :D I got 10672 miles out of the rear and 9191 miles out of the front. :) .

How did you get more mile out of your rear then the front....Im guess thats a typo or you do alot of Stoppies....

Anyhoot what kinda of riding do you do to get that many miles out of your tires... Thats alot in my book...

I just got 2700 out of my stock rear bridgstone they put on the Busa'a..

I use to run the Pilot road 2s on my FJR but was lucky to get 5K out of them..

Jdog

Last edited:
I used a PP front and a Road 2 rear last set. The Power front was toast at 4800 miles but the rear had probably another 1000 miles left in it. Went with Road 2s on both ends this time, so far so good. Front definitly doesn't have the feel and feed back that the Power did but that's to be expected. For an ST tire it works quite well though. I usually burn fronts up before rears too (sides of the tire, no stoppies), so it'll be interesting to see how the Road 2 holds up.

How did you get more mile out of your rear then the front....Im guess thats a typo or you do alot of Stoppies....

Anyhoot what kinda of riding do you do to get that many miles out of your tires... Thats alot in my book...

I just got 2700 out of my stock rear bridgstone they put on the Busa'a..

I use to run the Pilot road 2s on my FJR but was lucky to get 5K out of them..

Jdog

No typo, more out of the rear tire. No stoppies, just normal riding, no squidish activitys. I ride the mountains of North Ga ( Suches, Blood Mountain, ) and (Western North Carolina, Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway. )

Both tires were still fairly round when I replaced them. The Pilot Powers I used to run normally had a flat spot in the middle of the tire, and only got about 4500 miles out of the rear.

I have the Road 2's on the rear with a lil over 5k on them. That's 5k of hard miles (burning rubber, a lot of quick accelarations, etc. ...:whistle:) and they still look almost new. When the time comes for new tires I'll be going back with these, front and rear.

Back