Michelin Pilot Road 2

rmodel65

Registered
So are these tires worth the extra money over say a set of Dunlop Q2's?? how many miles are you guys getting out of these PR2's?? accord to micheln they have class leading mileage im looking for a durable long lasting tire...

sport_comparo_lg.jpg

Last edited:
I was also looking for a high mileage tire recently and narrowed my choices to the PR2, Pirelli Angels and Avon Storms. Went went the Angels only because I got them for the lowest price shipped.

well just ordered the tires...entered sav20 and got 20$ off too :D 243$ for the pair cant beat that imho

now to head over to Trex pages and get my spools and stands :D

I got 18k miles of them... They are not too sticky on the wet... Great for commuting... I switched back to Pilot Powers which don't last as long but will make my twisty rides more confident. Same with my buddy on his CBR1000RR great tire for the long haul not sooo good in the wet...

i have the 2ct's, put a little over a thousand miles on them....love them and hope to get some good miles out of them

The 2CT's won't last very long. They're not sport touring tires. They are the PP's with softer compound on the shoulders.I was getting less than 5K miles on the rear when I had the R1.

PR2s are great tires. Got between 9 and 10 thousand on my first set. looking to get about 8 to 9 out of this set. As far as being sticky, Fishhook touched the side farring down on the dragon with these tires, so as far as I am concerned they are plenty sticky. cant go wrong with these tires.

I love the 2CT's.I believe I increased my cornering skills by 20-30% now that I feel more confident in the curves with these tires.

Waiting for my tyres to wear out first before trying the pilot pure.My friends who are using pilot road 2 says it grips well only for a few thousand kms.After that its not as good anymore

My research led me to the PR2's. Cost wasn't much of a factor in my selection, just wanted a good street tire with traction that would last. My old Pilot Powers wore flat in the centers due to no twisties or turns in South Florida. The flat centers would give a very uncomfortable feeling when I did need to lean. Felt the harder compound of the centers of the PR2 may help me. Had the PR2's for only a few months so don't really show any wear pattern yet. Very happy with them thus far.

Waiting for my tyres to wear out first before trying the pilot pure.My friends who are using pilot road 2 says it grips well only for a few thousand kms.After that its not as good anymore

I have rode hard on these tires until they were used up, didnt notice any difference from new to used.

the pics above is the first set that I got 9 to 10000 miles on. We rode the gap one day and Suches the next, that was the last time the tires were rode on, it was August and they never sliped or made me feel unsafe.

Back