Michelin Pilot powers

diesel

Registered
Put front and rear on today....great riding tires. Even with them being new, they grip like crazy. Definately recommend them. For anyone around Tampa, Barney's in St.Pete were the cheapest around....$240 for both

Busa_on_Stands.jpg

smile.gif
Yeah I can see that, Hover Cycles would be the Bomb...

Hey, so you popped your wheels off and had the tires mounted at Barney's? How Much did they charge to mount them up?

Or... Did you wrestle them things on yourself?

When I put my new tires on this past summer I looked everywhere for the Powers but they were about a month away from the market.....so I went with the Metzler Sportec M-1's. Nice enough tire but next summer I'm changing over to the Pilot Powers.

Your pic looks like your front stand isn't connected to your bike....kinda weird optical illusion.

Congrats on your new purchase!

Dan

Yeah I loved the Powers. Prolly what I'll go with pretty soon. Oh, and I like the red grab rail man. Nice touch!
super.gif

$270 mounted & balanced... sounds like a deal to me.

Now let's see how well the grip. ;)

You coming out in the morning, or are you going to pull a "Revlis" and sleep in?
blush.gif

9am at the Marathon.

$270 mounted & balanced... sounds like a deal to me.

Now let's see how well the grip.  ;)

You coming out in the morning, or are you going to pull a "Revlis" and sleep in?
blush.gif

9am at the Marathon.
I resemble that comment....

$15 each isn't bad... Freaking powersports charged me $40 a wheel to mount and balance. Of course they pulled them on and off the bike but still seemed a bit steep... And that was with buying the tires from them...

Yeah I got about 2 hours under my belt today out there riding solo round my hood.

I am still thinking I'll head up north Sunday Afternoon. Just go SOLO... Ya'll might see me out there, briefly.
We'll my taillight anyway... fading into the distance.

It's hard to explain but the ride just "felt" better....I think today was my fastest run yet....the bike felt real solid and made me feel a little more confident in the twisty's.

It's hard to explain but the ride just "felt" better....I think today was my fastest run yet....the bike felt real solid and made me feel a little more confident in the twisty's.
Lemme ask you this... If you rode on any less than ideal surfaces (cracked, rough in general) did you get the feelin' that the Powers sort of absorbed some of the roughness compared to the stock tires? I definitely got that impression with them. I guess it's the softer compound conformin' to the surface instead of just rollin' on top of it. I dunno... Just curious as to whether or not you noticed the same thing.
rock.gif

Wish I'd been down in FL today ridin' with ya'll instead of workin' up here in the damned cold...
drooling3.gif
I'd love to roll out with all of ya.

I have had Michelin Powers fitted to my Busa for about 3 months now. I feel more confident on themas they stick better hot or cold. Paid about 210 U$D for mine (front and rear). Got them directly from supplier, good friend of mine.

Done about 2500 km and tyres still look good. Will definitely get more when these are finished. Have 120 front and 180 rear.

I have had Michelin Powers fitted to my Busa for about 3 months now. I feel more confident on themas they stick better hot or cold. Paid about 210 U$D for mine (front and rear). Got them directly from supplier, good friend of mine.

Done about 2500 km and tyres still look good. Will definitely get more when these are finished. Have 120 front and 180 rear.
Welcome to the board.
beerchug.gif
That's a sweet price on a set of Powers. I'd buy some and have 'em mounted today if I could get 'em for that price!
wink.gif

Back