Michelin Pilot Powers enroute...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ordered 'em last week and was told they'd ship tomorrow. Got a tracking number just not by e-mail so they must have shipped a day early. Should be hereat least by Friday unless UPS fugs me over AGAIN! Anyway, I'll post up a few pics when they get here. Can't wait to take 'em for a spin. I'm anxious to see how much different a true 190 feels compared to the "busa 198". It'll also be interesting to see how much different the profile of this tire is. Since this tire is supposed to use MotoGP technologie I just figured it would have more of a race profile to it. I'm thinkin' they may lean in a bit quicker and easier. Seems like I've read that the Pirelli Diablo's do. They should definitely GRIP better than the stockers.
wink.gif

Anyway, I guess I'll find out soon enough now.
wink.gif

wink.gif

and they were $311 and change shipped to my door. That's front and rear...
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: "Front and rear..."|1089689675 -->

pretty tight, bro! I saw a guy on ebay who was sellin Pirellis for 199 a set. I was supposed to buy from him, but I ended up getting cans instead.

Fug me...now I don't have a bike to use em on...

pretty tight, bro! I saw a guy on ebay who was sellin Pirellis for 199 a set. I was supposed to buy from him, but I ended up getting cans instead.

Fug me...now I don't have a bike to use em on...
Prolly the plain Diablo's weren't they? Or were they the Diablo Corsa's?
rock.gif
Still sorry about yer ride, man. At least yer still with us!
beerchug.gif

Thanks, bro...
beerchug.gif
That's what everyone's sayin...and I agree with them. It's just that life sucks so much azz when you don't have a Busa. It really does.

As for the tires, yeah, they were Corsas. Pretty kick azz deal...I wonder if he's still sellin.

Thanks, bro...
beerchug.gif
That's what everyone's sayin...and I agree with them. It's just that life sucks so much azz when you don't have a Busa. It really does.

As for the tires, yeah, they were Corsas. Pretty kick azz deal...I wonder if he's still sellin.
I can only imagine how it would be not to have yer busa.
sad.gif

I'm tellin ya, bro...I never knew how much I loved my baby till I had to park her and see her like that. It really put things into perspective for me.

teeheeeheee! BT, it feels like Christmas to me... you getting new POWERS. I been waiting like a year for those things, but, alas... now I must wait until I burn thru this new rear Diablo... maybe mid next month??? I can't wait for your full post-scrubbed in report of your new tread!!!! I really feel they might be the very best thing on the market right now for any street cycle. Just a gut feeling. I would guess you are pretty excited too!
biggrin.gif

teeheeeheee!  BT, it feels like Christmas to me... you getting new POWERS.  I been waiting like a year for those things, but, alas... now I must wait until I burn thru this new rear Diablo... maybe mid next month???  I can't wait for your full post-scrubbed in report of your new tread!!!!  I really feel they might be the very best thing on the market right now for any street cycle.  Just a gut feeling.  I would guess you are pretty excited too!  
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I'm anxious to see how they work out on the busa. I'm lookin' forward to seein' if they make it lean and "flick" any quicker and easier. I'm certain that they will grip better than the stockers.
wink.gif
I just hope I don't have stability issues with 'em. Was it you that had stability issues after a tire change once? Seems like whoever it was went with a 180 of some brand and said that it just wasn't stable anymore at speed (100+ ?). Was that you or someone else?
rock.gif

So, yes, I'm excited about gettin' to try out the POWER's, but at the same time I'm just a touch nervous about bein' one of the first guinnea pigs on a busa with 'em. Hopefully I ain't "takin' one for the team", so to speak.
wink.gif

By the way, what sort of differences did you notice/feel goin' from the stockers to smaller, different profile tires? I'm curious as to what I should expect. I asked this question on another board but only one busa guy responded. I'd like to hear from other busa riders who have moved from the stock size and profile to other tires...
rock.gif

wink.gif

rock.gif

Yeah, that was me going 180 on the Diablo's. Couple of things lead to my speed conclusions: the Diablo profile is better for steering so it's rounder and perhaps bouncier at higher speeds. It seemed not as planted over 140 [indicated]. Also at the time I had not had a LOT of high speed seat time, some just not tons, so I think I am more used to the speed AND bounciness. Never felt UNSAFE, just noticably bouncier. Now I'm back to the 190 and it feels more planted up top. But my trade off is less steering again. It's FINE, just a noticable change. Frankly, *I* prefer to have the higher speed stability than super twistie riding wheels - just my favorite type of riding.

I think you'll be fine on these new tires. I'm sure they've spent years developing / testing them. They are supposed to last as long [as the Pilot Sport perhaps?] yet use a new MotoGP developed sticky compound. I plan to join you in the bleeding edge testing ASAP.
smile.gif

For me the 180 PLUS the Diablo profile created a leaning monster! I swear to ME, the busa felt like my friend's 600! It just fell and locked into turns. Seemed to not stay SO UPRIGHT as it used to. I relearned the feel and it was fine and fun! Now back on the 190 [still a Diablo] I feel the busa more uprighting itself, and harder to lean into turns. I don't know how the POWER profile compares to the wonderful Diablos, but guessing it is AT LEAST as good turn in wise.

BT,I really look forward to your pics and review. I'm getting them either way, but I will live vicariously thru you until then.
smile.gif
I am excited for you!!!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, that was me going 180 on the Diablo's.  Couple of things lead to my speed conclusions:  the Diablo profile is better for steering so it's rounder and perhaps bouncier at higher speeds.  It seemed not as planted over 140 [indicated].  Also at the time I had not had a LOT of high speed seat time, some just not tons, so I think I am more used to the speed AND bounciness.  Never felt UNSAFE, just noticably bouncier.   Now I'm back to the 190 and it feels more planted up top.  But my trade off is less steering again.  It's FINE, just a noticable change.  Frankly, *I* prefer to have the higher speed stability than super twistie riding wheels - just my favorite type of riding.

I think you'll be fine on these new tires.  I'm sure they've spent years developing / testing them.  They are supposed to last as long [as the Pilot Sport perhaps?]  yet use a new MotoGP developed sticky compound.  I plan to join you in the bleeding edge testing ASAP.  
smile.gif

For me the 180 PLUS the Diablo profile created a leaning monster!  I swear to ME, the busa felt like my friend's 600!  It just fell and locked into turns.  Seemed to not stay SO UPRIGHT as it used to.  I relearned the feel and it was fine and fun!  Now back on the 190 [still a Diablo]  I feel the busa more uprighting itself, and harder to lean into turns.  I don't know how the POWER profile compares to the wonderful Diablos, but guessing it is AT LEAST as good turn in wise.

BT,I really look forward to your pics and review.  I'm getting them either way, but I will live vicariously thru you until then.  
smile.gif
 I am excited for you!!!  
biggrin.gif
I'm really not expecting any negative surprises or let downs. I'm like you, I just have a good gut feeling about these tires. I know race technology has done a LOT for cage & bike tires and I think that although bike tires have improved by leaps and bounds over the last few years, I think the really sweet tires are probably just about to hit the market. From various reading sources (mags, internet, etc...) it seems that the bike tire wars are vicious right now.

I honestly believe that any tire that hits the market anytime soon will be at the very least as good as if not better than what's already out. I want to think that if a top shelf, race bred tire doesn't work out for anyone it's because of a conflict between their riding style and tastes and the intent of the tire rather than a real design flaw in the tire it's self.

I'm largely positive about the Power's and tryin' 'em out, I just always have that same little bit of anxiety when I spend that much money on the "unknown".
wink.gif

Definitely look for pics and an after ride report. I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

FWIW, when I bought the busa my main interest was SPEED and drag racin'. I've grown increasingly infatuated with the corners lately, though. I've really slowed down a lot on the straights and sweepers, but when I roll up on anything resembling a nice corner I just get all kinds of excited. I get anxious if I have to go very far before I get to another good corner. I never imagined that the twisties could be as much fun as they are. I'm lookin' more at cornering now than I am at raw speed, but at the same time I don't want to be dartin' around and unstable if I do decide to blast down a straight between some corners.

As long as it doesn't get too squirrelly before around 125-130 I should be a happy man. That's about as fast as I plan to get for a while, and not very often at that. Again, I don't expect I'll have any problems with the POWER's. I think they're gonna ROCK.
wink.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

BT, glad to hear your baby will be gettin' new shoes in a couple days! I am like you were when you first got 'Da Train believing that it was all about straight speed! I have done some twisties a couple times and enjoy it, but not enough to be comfortable. And since I haven't ridden them enough, I wouldn't know how much difference a different set of rubber could make. I know you will give us all a detailed report and pics and I know I will be thinking about replacing mine just after getting back next year, so I can't wait to hear what you have to say! Already setting aside the 'Busa money for when I return and actually spending some on some stuff as I see good deals! Next year is going to be the bomb!

BT, glad to hear your baby will be gettin' new shoes in a couple days!  I am like you were when you first got 'Da Train believing that it was all about straight speed!  I have done some twisties a couple times and enjoy it, but not enough to be comfortable.  And since I haven't ridden them enough, I wouldn't know how much difference a different set of rubber could make.  I know you will give us all a detailed report and pics and I know I will be thinking about replacing mine just after getting back next year, so I can't wait to hear what you have to say!  Already setting aside the 'Busa money for when I return and actually spending some on some stuff as I see good deals!  Next year is going to be the bomb!
I'm no road racin' pro either, but I've hit the twisties enough times and hard enough a few times to know that the stockers will break loose easier than I want them to. Since I've never really payed enough attention to tire profile and handling on the street (never rode a bike that was supposed to really "handle" and never done twisties) I don't know what to expect as far as handling.

I'd say that the stockers make the busa handle pretty "neutral" in that it will lean if you lean it without fightin' ya, but it doesn't fall into corners. I sort of expect the POWER's to turn in and lean quicker and easier. How much quicker and easier I don't know. I think it will be interesting to ride a tire with a bias toward cornerin' (if they in fact are biased that way). Can't wait to see what's up with 'em and post my review.
wink.gif

BT, glad to hear your baby will be gettin' new shoes in a couple days!  I am like you were when you first got 'Da Train believing that it was all about straight speed!  I have done some twisties a couple times and enjoy it, but not enough to be comfortable.  And since I haven't ridden them enough, I wouldn't know how much difference a different set of rubber could make.  I know you will give us all a detailed report and pics and I know I will be thinking about replacing mine just after getting back next year, so I can't wait to hear what you have to say!  Already setting aside the 'Busa money for when I return and actually spending some on some stuff as I see good deals!  Next year is going to be the bomb!
I'm no road racin' pro either, but I've hit the twisties enough times and hard enough a few times to know that the stockers will break loose easier than I want them to. Since I've never really payed enough attention to tire profile and handling on the street (never rode a bike that was supposed to really "handle" and never done twisties) I don't know what to expect as far as handling.

I'd say that the stockers make the busa handle pretty "neutral" in that it will lean if you lean it without fightin' ya, but it doesn't fall into corners. I sort of expect the POWER's to turn in and lean quicker and easier. How much quicker and easier I don't know. I think it will be interesting to ride a tire with a bias toward cornerin' (if they in fact are biased that way). Can't wait to see what's up with 'em and post my review.
wink.gif
Me either!

Back