Michelin Pilot Power

Suijuris

Registered
Took my Bike in for the 3500 service. Few hours later, I got a call about the rear tire needing to be replaced- wear bars were showing.
I figure- "Icould wait-- but the rear tire has been breaking loose alot lately" Plus- I wont trust it at high speeds.
But I plan to go to a track day- on the 13th-- where I could properly waste the rest of the Brigstone.
OK- no problem- I happen to have some new Michs- compliments of the ORG raffle!
The service guy was sceptical about installing a tire that was not classed for the Busa. I have ALWAYS trusted MICHS on all my vehicles-- never any issues--
He pulled out a catalog-- and lo and behold-- the Pilot power does not show to be recommended for the Hayabusa.
crazy.gif

How could this be? The busa is around 100# heavier than other sport bikes-- I know alot of people use the michs on thier busas-- but those tires are not rated for the weight of a busa. Am I gonna chance it??? Nope-- I went with a Perelli diablo.

eh.... any tire works. many here have run Powers and loved them. I stopped bothering to check to see if there is a "Busa version" for tires I try. They just cost more, and normal tires seem to work just fine

(extensive @ Mar. 23 2007,09:00) wait a min, you got these tires for free and you arent using them?  wow.  send them to me  
smile.gif
I'll fight ya for 'em!!

I love pilot powers. ask anybody i've ridden with.. even lowazzaccord on here.. I ride them HARD... and corner HARD... knee draggin on the street is no issue, the pilot powers just stick like glue and feel incredible. I love them. I got 7600 miles out of my last set because i guess when you use all your tire a lot, the life increases
smile.gif
I just bought a new set and mounted them last night!

The Powers work just fine for the Busa.

Best all around tire on the market today IMO.

I tip the scales at 340 and wife is 125. No issues at all.

Keep in mind, match the tire with the type of riding you do.

A couple of 2 up shots on Pilot Powers.

r1forumkb1.JPG

I have not run the full spectrum of tires that some here have but I have not had a single issue with Pilot Powers on my bike. Just in my experience they are very good in the corners and are stable at HIGH speeds.

I have been in contact with Michelin to see if they had a bad run of these tires cause the rear one seems to melt away very quickly. They had the gaul to tell me it was my right wrist's fault.
wow.gif
Maybe they are right!!

I currently have Diablos on, but they are definately not as good as the Pilot Powers.
Take longer to warm up & not as sticky in the corner.

Put your set up for auction

Hey, I run powers and need a set QUICK!!! Wanna sell em cheap? low on cash, fast to try and get to the gap for the bash...

I love my Powers! Stick great in the heat, a little slippery in the cold. My only complaint.

HPC sells the Avons, and I understand they are a superior tire!

Good luck.

P.

Your first mistake is listening to your service tech... Maybe you have the one guy in your state that is actually compentent enough to work on your bike without forgeting to put all your fairing bolts back in... Any tire that states it is specifically rated for a particular bike usally is more expensive than the exact same tire with out the busa part number attached. 9 out of 10 busa riders would disagree with him... as would the dentist.
E

(MPH 200 @ Mar. 23 2007,08:43) I currently have Diablos on, but they are definately not as good as the Pilot Powers.
Take longer to warm up & not as sticky in the corner.

Put your set up for auction
Wow. What a difference a rider makes. I wore out a set of Powers, liked them fine, put on a set of Diablo Corsa III's and immediately noticed an improvement the way the bike leans smoothly and so slip issues at all. We ride two up and have plenty of fun, too. Nice pics, vman
smile.gif

(jessup @ Mar. 23 2007,08:59) Your first mistake is listening to your service tech... Maybe you have the one guy in your state that is actually compentent enough to work on your bike without forgeting to put all your fairing bolts back in...   Any tire that states it is specifically rated for a particular bike usally is more expensive than the exact same tire with out the busa part number attached.
+1

I've had a few different brands and sizes of tires NOT BUSA APPROVED on my bike. Never had a problem with any of them. Two up, touring, commuting, Sunday morning twists, racing, and all kinds of weather....

(Postal @ Mar. 23 2007,07:17) I love my Powers! Stick great in the heat, a little slippery in the cold. My only complaint.

HPC sells the Avons, and I understand they are a superior tire!

Good luck.

P.
I'm curious about the AVONS...don't they also come with road hazard.

As I've gotten 2 nails in 2 different Powers (rears btw), road hazard alone would make Avons worthy of consideration, should they be a superior tire to the powers...well, well...hmmm.

As far as Powers on a Busa, other than being a nail magnet (Do'know maybe it's just me  
tounge.gif
) I've been very please with them. Wish I could actually wear a set out...

I LOVE the Powers.I even drag race on them and when all others are spinning,I'm trying to keep the wheel out the air...

Back