Michelin Pilot Power

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
I have been researching these tires and I cannot find anything on Michelins website that refers to them.

I am wanting to know the specs on the tire and if they are recommended for the Busa. Does anybody have some feedback on this subject?

My understanding is that the Power's are working great on the busa....if you can get them. My local guy called the area rep, says they are bo'ed until last part of Oct. I wanted to replace my diablo corsas with them, had to go with M1 Sportechs until next time, about 2500 miles from now.

Anybody else, I am getting ready to order some new tires and was wondering about the Michelins. I have M-1P's now and wanted to try something different.

I put Powers on Train about 600 miles or so before I got rid of 'er. Loved 'em. Virtually no warm up time required for them to stick and they seemed to be wearing well for such a soft, sticky tire. They had a good feel to them and actually improved turn in on the busa a little. She turned in a little quicker and easier with the profile of the Powers. I'm almost 100% certain that I'll go with Powers on the 10 when I chew the stock Dunlop D218's up.

So BT your deserting the family for another woman I see. Too Bad so sad for you, you will be back it is just a matter of time. The Kawi just will not give you the feeling that the Busa did I can assure you of that.

I have ridden the kawi and granted the power is great but still can't hang with the Busa in torque and comfort. Good luck and will see you on a busa again someday.

So BT your deserting the family for another woman I see. Too Bad so sad for you, you will be back it is just a matter of time. The Kawi just will not give you the feeling that the Busa did I can assure you of that.

I have ridden the kawi and granted the power is great but still can't hang with the Busa in torque and comfort. Good luck and will see you on a busa again someday.
You may very well see me on a busa again but it won't be because the 10 is short on comfort. The 10 is quite a bit more comfortable for me, believe it or not. Don't know why, and never would have believed it before I rode it, but it is. I've done around 150 miles in a day on the busa and my neck, between my shoulder blades, and my lower back was toast. I done 150+ miles the first day I had the 10 and the only "complaint" I had was tired/sore thighs and calves from slidin' back and forth across the seat and weightin' the pegs all day. Got another 100 miles the second day and not even sore legs...

It's definitely not too bad, so sad for me... I couldn't be happier.
wink.gif
If you see me on another busa it will be a second bike for me. I wouldn't trade the 10 for two busas. I do want another busa, but I wouldn't give the 10 up for any bike...

Michlin Pilot Power tires are sticky but have a short life. The real hang up on them is they give you no warning when they turn loose. If you ride hard you can end up on your arse if you push them. One of my friends had them on his GSXR 750, great rider and the michlin rep gave him the tires if he would try them out. He wadded his bike and banged himself up as well. He said when they let go, it was like he was on ice. I have talk to others who have had the same problem. Anyway, they are made in France. What could the French possibly make that you would trust? Personally I wouldn't use them if they were free. But then I won't stay in Motel 6 either, also owned by the French.

I am now on my third set of Bridgestone BTO14's and boy howdy, these are the best street tires I have ever been on. A dual compound tire which is very sticky on the outside edges and a bit harder in the center for good milage. I get about 5K miles and numerous track days on them before I get new ones and could probably get another thousand miles out of them if I wanted. Many of the high performance bikes now come from the factory with either the 14 or the Dunlop 218, which is also a dual compound tire. I think dual compound is the way to go? I can lean to the point of draging my foot pegs and have never lost traction.

Well thanks for the info guys, I ordered a set and we will see what happens, hopefully Ron Ayers will come thru and have them in stock but what I am hearing through the grape vine is that the Poilt Powers are b/o for a while. Really don't need them until next year but figured I would get them now and have them ready to go on when I needed them. I may end up back with the M1's but I am always up for something different to try.

BT I am glad you are happy I was just kidding about the other stuff. It is pretty surprising that you say the comfort is better than expected, I may have to give my buddies 10R a try again and go for a longer ride to see but if I got one it would be a second bike to the Busa.

Well thanks for the info guys, I ordered a set and we will see what happens, hopefully Ron Ayers will come thru and have them in stock but what I am hearing through the grape vine is that the Poilt Powers are b/o for a while. Really don't need them until next year but figured I would get them now and have them ready to go on when I needed them. I may end up back with the M1's but I am always up for something different to try.

BT I am glad you are happy I was just kidding about the other stuff. It is pretty surprising that you say the comfort is better than expected, I may have to give my buddies 10R a try again and go for a longer ride to see but if I got one it would be a second bike to the Busa.
Fwiw, the D218's are not bad tires so far. They do seem to want more warm up than the Powers but once they get warmed up they seem to do pretty well. Didn't get to ride yesterday or today due to rain but I can't wait to get back out and warm 'em up again!
wink.gif

And yeah, the comfort surprised me, too.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back