Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

nailhead432

Registered
At 4,500 miles, its just about time to replace the rear tire. I have always been a fan of the pilot powers and have got pretty decent mileage (considering) out of them. I have no complaints about the BT015 that come OE on the busa (other than mileage), but I wanted to get some insight from other riders who may have tried these tires on there busa before I go and buy some. I heard that the BT015 was a spec tire built just for the K8 busa, can anyone confirm that either?

man I have 7000 on my rear BT015 and still have 1k left on them, you must ride hard. But I have a friend with the 2CT and he loves it, im thinking of doing them next.

My stones lasted 2600 miles and I just replaced them with Pilot powers. So far they handle great and a MUCH improvement to the stones. I REALY like the side grip.

beerchug.gif
I've got 5500klm on my 015 and i have another 1000klm.I've been thinking about Dunlop Quallifire.
How much did you get the 2ct???

I think you guys should consider the new generation Bridgestone BT016? These tires are a triple compound rear and a dual compound front. Bridgestone tires are among the best on the market. If I didn't have three sets of Qualifiers in the garage, I'd be going to the BTO16 as my next set.

The 15 is a great tire as well. I got only 2K miles and two track days from the 15 on the rear of my GSXR1K. Great tire though. Sticks like a track tire with great feel and feedback.

I've had two sets of those on mine. I'm currently running the Road2's. I prefer the Road2's and won't go back to the 2CTs unless there's an un-ignorable sale on them or some such.

Good luck/enjoy.

I'm at 15,000 miles on my Gen2.

Runtime is a big factor for my next tires. at 6500 and second tire.
Do you think the BT016 will offer more miles than the 015?
How do you guys feel about the MICHELIN Pilot Road 2?
Thanks

Runtime is a big factor for my next tires. at 6500 and second tire.
Do you think the BT016 will offer more miles than the 015?
How do you guys feel about the MICHELIN Pilot Road 2?
Thanks
I am extremely happy with my Pilot Road 2ct. So far they show very little wear @ 1000 miles and the grip is excellent.

I have used them on my 05 busa and my 08. I currently have a new set to put on for winter. They are great tires for sure.

Road 2's 15k on them ?????? Maybe im reading wrong...If not they bee my next tire, how's the feel and grip though? Ive always ran BT016's and they are awesome tires, but dont last long if you commute and run aggresively every weekend, trust me, they wont last longer than the stockers, i got 6k+ and ran them to the ground, the 16's i usually get 5K IFFFffffff... also ran and am currently running 2 cts, got them for 250 so this timei went with them . but dont like em as much as BT016's. Im definately gonna look into the PR'2s

Last edited:
I have PP 2CT's on my 06LE. Much improved over stock. Haven't tried the Road's.

Just hit 500km on my rear 016 & it seems am ripping them apart. The 015 held up to more abuse. The 016 has more grip but by the looks of things I may run them out sooner than the 3300km I got out of the rear 015...

Back