Mich. Pilot Road 2's

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that have ran one of the new Pilot Road 2's,

How many miles did you get out of it?
rock.gif
?
Just wondering if it's worth the extra $$$ for the amount of miles you get out of it compared to the other standard tire life....

Thanks for any inputs...I gotta get another rear very soon.. wondering if I need to spend the extra on it or just stick with my Powers or avon vipers...

Scar, thanks so much bud.... that was a great review... I read the advertisements and the PR2 sounds really good...just helps to get first hand reviews from my family here- I know I can trust y'all and your reviews....

I have gotten right at 6000 (probably a little more if I pushed it some more) out of my set of Pilot powers now...the front is still good but my rear is just about toast...

I seem to have gotten my best mileage out of the Pilot Powers and also out of the AV-60 avon vipers...those have been my best two brands so far... got about 6000-8000 out of them...

But most all of my miles are on straight commutes to and from work....I do rip it quite often, but most of the riding is just cruising or straight Hyper-speeds...
cool.gif

I am gonna try to go ahead and try the Pilot Road 2's though...sounds like best bang for the buck to me....

Anybody know of the best deals you've found on the Road 2's right now on the net???
Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
thumb_up.gif

100_7494copy.jpg

Just an FYI, Cycle Gear usually has phenomenal tire prices. I'd check there...probably cyclegear.com or some shizzle. If you need 'em faster, just ask a local dealer if they'll match the internet pricing. I know some might object to this tactic, but it may just be that you need assist in a pinch.

Good luck, mang. Thanks for the props on my review, as well.

I know you're gonna love 'em.

Scar

Just an FYI, Cycle Gear usually has phenomenal tire prices. I'd check there...probably cyclegear.com or some shizzle. If you need 'em faster, just ask a local dealer if they'll match the internet pricing. I know some might object to this tactic, but it may just be that you need assist in a pinch.

Good luck, mang. Thanks for the props on my review, as well.

Scar
must be nice....our local CG stores hord the tires and hold them for a king's randsome....I saw a 190PR2 for about 220.00

and as far as comparing the powers and vipers? they aren't even in the same class...two totally different purpose tires.

regular roads and storms are more comparable.

we had 3 people with brand new PR2 sets before our trip this summer...all 3 made it 6000+ miles on them...an FZ1 / FJR / BMW1200RT

they seem worthy....but those aren't Busas.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Scar @ Aug. 08 2008 said:
1499934[/ATTACH] PM]
Just an FYI, Cycle Gear usually has phenomenal tire prices.  I'd check there...probably cyclegear.com or some shizzle.  If you need 'em faster, just ask a local dealer if they'll match the internet pricing.  I know some might object to this tactic, but it may just be that you need assist in a pinch.

Good luck, mang.  Thanks for the props on my review, as well.  

Scar
must be nice....our local CG stores hord the tires and hold them for a king's randsome....I saw a 190PR2 for about 220.00

and as far as comparing the powers and vipers?   they aren't even in the same class...two totally different purpose tires.

regular roads and storms are more comparable.

we had 3 people with brand new PR2 sets before our trip this summer...all 3 made it 6000+ miles on them...an FZ1 / FJR / BMW1200RT

they seem worthy....but those aren't Busas.
Well, that's pretty bogus; guess the 'checking on-line' would preclude that nastiness.

Crazy prices you're paying down there.

It still kills me (not literally, of course) how much bike tires are compared to cage tires. Sheer madness.

I mean...
wtf.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

I agree Scar.... they totally rape us on the bike tires-- and know that we have to go through them so frequently--- all they see is mo tires, mo $$$
guns.gif

Busacruise, no problems bro but I wasn't comparing the PR2 and vipers---just stating that I had gotten alot of miles out of the vipers and powers...I just must not ride that hard
cool.gif
....but I agree, those two are in different categories all together
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I got a PR-2 rear at my local shop for 189+ tax mounted it myself will change the front when worn a bit more, I have a Question how does the PR-2 where on the front? the reg PP where's the sides out fast?

A friend only got 3000 miles out of his Pilot Power and now has the Pilot road 2 and has 4000 miles on it and the tire still looks great. I normally get 6K out of a power and predict that I will get about 9K out of this road 2 I have on now. I also paid 189.00 + 22.50 mounting and balance for the rear.

I got a PR-2 rear at my local shop for 189+ tax mounted it myself will change the front when worn a bit more, I have a Question how does the PR-2 where on the front? the reg PP where's the sides out fast?
Dave: When I had my first set of Road2's changed, the front still looked good, but it wasn't. I was experiencing feedback from the front tire when I got to about 140 and beyond (which I do, regularly). It was disturbing, and I checked a number of other factors before deciding the tire was probably the culprit.

Sure enough; while it looked good, it had seen it's last ride.

Appearances can many times be deceiving.

Good question.

Back