Mice in my busa!!!

mrracer98

Registered
:banghead:

So I just bought a BUSA from my uncle... a farmer. And of course I found a mouse house over the coil/spark plugs... 2003 with 4300 miles.

OF COURSE they chewed some wire. My question is... If memory serves me correct from mechanic days... those coils (the spark plug caps), are only activated by the sending wires. i.e. the wires that connect to the coil, are low voltage/sending and receiving wire. My sending wires for cylinder #4 are chewed, though I have enough to solder in a patch wire. Anyone have any similar stories? Should be safe to do, but wanted to hear any thoughts

I beleive they are tied into the entire wire harness, so I would like to not have to replace that... :whistle:

Thanks!! any info appreciated!

Jeremy

I would guess that a patch would work - no personal experience with it though.
They are not a fusable link or anything - just normal wire.
Try it and see, might be a quick fix.

If you can get a liitle running wheel for them , you could add extra mice power - call it the mouse mod?

:laugh:

Last edited:
should work fine if the original wire is copper and 22 use that or aluminum you know what i mean use the same type gauge and wire and you should be fine so there is no resistance issues

should work fine if the original wire is copper and 22 use that or aluminum you know what i mean use the same type gauge and wire and you should be fine so there is no resistance issues

Yeah, it is the aluminum wire... I am just worried about resistance/ohm reading differences.... I have a service manual coming.. anyone else have suggestions?

Thanks!

If you can get a liitle running wheel for them , you could add extra mice power - call it the mouse mod? :laugh:

HAHA yeah, get big bucks for it!!! 200+!!!! The thing had Decon in it too.. though knowing my uncle, he put that in there after he saw the mice!!

I guess I got lucky. I bought mine like this...huge nest under the tank, fortunately nothing chewed!
2288855385396176ba757e91e82f1e890_large.jpg

Came out to mine one day and couldn't figure out what all the little fur hairs were doing all over the front fender, later I found this. No nest but was some poops, probably was just passing through.

Picture 1172.jpg

I put lots of bait out.
The bait goes away and you pick up the bodies...no harm to the bike.
They only chew if they are settling in.
If you wack them right away, they don't chew.

How did the Falcon let a mouse build a house on it? That Bird has been sleeping way too long Brother. Good luck!:beerchug:

How did the Falcon let a mouse build a house on it? That Bird has been sleeping way too long Brother. Good luck!:beerchug:

Yeah... sleeping for like 18-20 months!!! poor thing... I will get her pimped by next week hopefully. Got it for a steal though... 4300 miles... 4500 bucks. :thumbsup: (family discount I suppose).

Back