Miami Heat have “Heat hoodieâ€￾ photo in support of Trayvon Martin

I agree with that but why this one case? And if they do it for him are they going to do it for other kids that are senselessly shot every day?

I agree with that but why this one case? And if they do it for him are they going to do it for other kids that are senselessly shot every day?
of course not. their doing it because he is black and so are they. they would not be doing it for a white kid killed by a black man. I dont believe that for a second.

they should stick to entertaining people with their basketball skills vs. jumping on the bandwaggon before all the facts are released. there have been many more obvious miscarriages of justice far more incidious then what occurred here.

I dont remember them wearing duct tape on their mouths in protest for Caley Anthony who was a victum of an obvious MURDER there in Florida.

Easy. Because the kid was from Miami.

And there are white players, Hispanic players, etc in the pic as well.

of course not. their doing it because he is black and so are they. they would not be doing it for a white kid killed by a black man. I dont believe that for a second.

they should stick to entertaining people with their basketball skills vs. jumping on the bandwaggon before all the facts are released. there have been many more obvious miscarriages of justice far more incidious then what occurred here.

I dont remember them wearing duct tape on their mouths in protest for Caley Anthony who was a victum of an obvious MURDER there in Florida.

That avatar really is a picture of you isn't it?:poke:

Funny, but I bet these guys on the HEAT wear a hoodie everyday. That's what people are wearing these days. Besides, the focus on the hoodie hides the real issue. If low income black kids were wearing button down oxford dress shirts then that would be what guys like Zimmerman were shooting at......

I dunno. I'm black and I rarely wear hoodies for the same reason, and I never wear the hood up. Why? Because I look in the mirror and I look like a thug, and I don't want to look like a thug so I don't wear that stuff. It also sucks but I can't wear beanies the same way some of my white friends can, because I look like a thug. It is what it is and I'm not mad about it, and I'm also not getting shot at by neighborhood watchmen or getting hassled by police, so something must be working...

Funny, but I bet these guys on the HEAT wear a hoodie everyday. That's what people are wearing these days. Besides, the focus on the hoodie hides the real issue. If low income black kids were wearing button down oxford dress shirts then that would be what guys like Zimmerman were shooting at......
yea im sure wearing a hoodie in south florida is common when its 85 degrees out....:whistle: there has been plenty of other people shot in florida this year. low income white kids dont wear oxford dress shirts either nor do upper middle class black or white kids unless at school maybe so whats ur point?

criminals wear hoodies when breaking into cars or houses so they can hide their faces. nothing unusual about that. im certaininy not justifying his actions because I think in the end he will be arrested but those looking to break in cars or homes dress exactly the way he was dressed and run when someone questions what their doing. happens every day in every state.

you can call it profiling if you want but the those looking for criminals profile every time when they go out and the fact is the majority of crimes being committed in florida are being committed by young black or hispanic males between 18-25. thats not racism, thats reality.

in fact, blacks under 18 are more than 12 times as likely to be arrested for murder than whites of the same age are. approx 27-30 million nonviolent crimes are committed in the US each year. 31% of the robberies involved black male offenders and white victims. only about 2% involved white offenders and black victims. those are FBI statistics.

it certainly isnt ground for what happen by any means but as a neighborhood watch person profiling is all you have to narrow down the pool of possible criminals. its done by law enforcement every day including the FBI.

in fact the FBI has some of the best profilers in the world and train departments from all over the globe on how to profile. but, zimmerman is not law enforcement and overstepped his authority by exiting his vehicle. calling the police to report a suspicious kid wearing a hoodie with his hands in his pocket running from him in a some what gated community as someone he didnt recogonize would certainly be grounds for him as the neighborhood watch person to report it to the police.

would he have reported it to the police if the kid was white wearing a hoodie with his hands in his waistband running from him after questioning who he was? maybe, maybe not. there are plenty of white kids committing crimes these days to.

Yep. I think he will be tried and should be tried for his lack of reasoning ability. You can't have people running around picking fights where one isn't needed. But it's not really about race. Just poor reasoning skills. The 911 operator said "back off, no need to follow, we'll take care of it" and he didn't.

yea im sure wearing a hoodie in south florida is common when its 85 degrees out....:whistle: there has been plenty of other people shot in florida this year. low income white kids dont wear oxford dress shirts either nor do upper middle class black or white kids unless at school maybe so whats ur point?

criminals wear hoodies when breaking into cars or houses so they can hide their faces. nothing unusual about that. im certaininy not justifying his actions because I think in the end he will be arrested but those looking to break in cars or homes dress exactly the way he was dressed and run when someone questions what their doing. happens every day in every state.

you can call it profiling if you want but the those looking for criminals profile every time when they go out and the fact is the majority of crimes being committed in florida are being committed by young black or hispanic males between 18-25. thats not racism, thats reality.

in fact, blacks under 18 are more than 12 times as likely to be arrested for murder than whites of the same age are. approx 27-30 million nonviolent crimes are committed in the US each year. 31% of the robberies involved black male offenders and white victims. only about 2% involved white offenders and black victims. those are FBI statistics.

it certainly isnt ground for what happen by any means but as a neighborhood watch person profiling is all you have to narrow down the pool of possible criminals. its done by law enforcement every day including the FBI.

in fact the FBI has some of the best profilers in the world and train departments from all over the globe on how to profile. but, zimmerman is not law enforcement and overstepped his authority by exiting his vehicle. calling the police to report a suspicious kid wearing a hoodie with his hands in his pocket running from him in a some what gated community as someone he didnt recogonize would certainly be grounds for him as the neighborhood watch person to report it to the police.

would he have reported it to the police if the kid was white wearing a hoodie with his hands in his waistband running from him after questioning who he was? maybe, maybe not. there are plenty of white kids committing crimes these days to.

I could go in on these numbers and social conditions but it would be too long to break this down for you so I will just say this in reference to kid and the hoodies. I tell my kids if some body is following you run to a safe place, (my parents told me this too) to this child (whose only crime was walking back to his fathers house), a stranger was following him in a car then coming after him on foot, he does not know this persons intentions and just as the results have shown he was 100% correct to fear for his safety because the aggressor pursued, confronted and murdered him, unfortunately this young kid didn't have a weapon to properly stand his ground and defend himself, he basically brought candy a drink and his hands to a gun fight.

Now about the hoodies the point with everybody wearing them is a black man in a hoodie does not = criminal, they can be multimillionaires, Doctors, Lawyers, Entertainers or an avg blue collar worker etc. I wear hoodies, backwards fitted baseball caps, knit caps, Nike boots, Black tees and White tees when I'm out and about because I'm comfortable in it. I wear slacks, button ups and dress shoes 5 days a week when I'm at work sitting in my office at my 6 figure job because I'm comfortable in it.

The problem is just as my parents told me "no matter how much money I make, how big of a home I have, how many degrees I hold, it's not going to matter because to many you are still a ****** and that's all they will see so remember that". People (including AA) have been conditioned to associate negativity to black males, some do it without even thinking about it. That's why it's always a double standard, the degrees of this can vary depending on your city.

Sometimes it's funny to walk down the street and notice ladies move their purse to the other side or hold on to it tighter, or when you walk past a car you hear the doors lock, the funniest is if I'm in an elevator by myself and the doors open and the person waiting starts to step in but looks, hesitates and waits for the next one. I mean look at the amount of disrespect the President of the United States gets, do you really think its only because he is a Democrat....nope it goes deeper than that and everybody even knows he has Caucasian and African roots but that is not what they see.

I really wish some of you could spend a couple days as a Black male and see the world from that perspective, you would then understand the frustration, irritation, distrust and overall feelings that are expressed through out one's life and magnified in cases like this. I commend these guys and everybody that is keeping this in the news because what usually happens is the murder of a black youth is swept under the rug as "just another thug taken care of". I have said it before, it would not need to be any protest or demand for justice if this was a White teenager because the Hispanic male that murdered him would have never made it out of the police station, and when the story hit the net or local news even though he is American everybody would be calling for tougher immigration laws and how it was Presidents Obama fault.

Slo Mo I can agree with you but same as other poster said you use the word murder.
If it had been like that or seemed like that the shooter would have been arrested that night.

I'm really getting tired of all the marches and school walkouts and all the puppy pics of this kid on CNN.
Why haven't we seen his Facebook pic on natl tv? You say well just because he posed like a gangster doesn't make him one so we shouldn't draw conclusions about it but I'd flip that around and say that these pics we are seeing of him WHEN HE WAS 12 don't accurately portray the person who was shot. The media is twisting this into their own mold and ignoring the facts.

Witnesses told police the kid was on top of Zim.
So his could Zim have been chasing him?

I agree Zim should not have exited his vehicle but in doing so he broke no law.
No does anyone here think upon his first words and encounter with the kid he just attacked him?
Does anyone here think Zim didn't say something like 'hey you what are you doing here?' or 'excuse me can I ask you a question?'
Who here thinks Zim got out and went right into a fight with the kid?
They played a clip of Zims atty this morning for the atty of the kids family.
Zims atty said his client suffered a broken nose, a gash on back of his head large enough to require stiches and grass stains all over his back. When the families atty was asked about these FACTS she completely ignored them and the possibility it was self defense and went into this big shpeel on how they 'want justice'.
Asked again about the FACTS she said we just want Zim arrested and tried fairly? Arrested for what? If law enforcement deems it was self defense regardless of events that led up to it then what? Riots?
We had kids marching down our street here and I bet almost all know nothing of the facts. They have been conveniently omitted from natl coverage. We will never know the truth, that's the sad fact.

Slo Mo I can agree with you but same as other poster said you use the word murder.
If it had been like that or seemed like that the shooter would have been arrested that night.

I'm really getting tired of all the marches and school walkouts and all the puppy pics of this kid on CNN.
Why haven't we seen his Facebook pic on natl tv? You say well just because he posed like a gangster doesn't make him one so we shouldn't draw conclusions about it but I'd flip that around and say that these pics we are seeing of him WHEN HE WAS 12 don't accurately portray the person who was shot. The media is twisting this into their own mold and ignoring the facts.

Witnesses told police the kid was on top of Zim.
So his could Zim have been chasing him?

I agree Zim should not have exited his vehicle but in doing so he broke no law.
No does anyone here think upon his first words and encounter with the kid he just attacked him?
Does anyone here think Zim didn't say something like 'hey you what are you doing here?' or 'excuse me can I ask you a question?'
Who here thinks Zim got out and went right into a fight with the kid?
They played a clip of Zims atty this morning for the atty of the kids family.
Zims atty said his client suffered a broken nose, a gash on back of his head large enough to require stiches and grass stains all over his back. When the families atty was asked about these FACTS she completely ignored them and the possibility it was self defense and went into this big shpeel on how they 'want justice'.
Asked again about the FACTS she said we just want Zim arrested and tried fairly? Arrested for what? If law enforcement deems it was self defense regardless of events that led up to it then what? Riots?
We had kids marching down our street here and I bet almost all know nothing of the facts. They have been conveniently omitted from natl coverage. We will never know the truth, that's the sad fact.

According to the kid's girlfriend the kid confronted Zim.

I could go in on these numbers and social conditions but it would be too long to break this down for you so I will just say this in reference to kid and the hoodies. I tell my kids if some body is following you run to a safe place, (my parents told me this too) to this child (whose only crime was walking back to his fathers house), a stranger was following him in a car then coming after him on foot, he does not know this persons intentions and just as the results have shown he was 100% correct to fear for his safety because the aggressor pursued, confronted and murdered him, unfortunately this young kid didn't have a weapon to properly stand his ground and defend himself, he basically brought candy a drink and his hands to a gun fight.

Now about the hoodies the point with everybody wearing them is a black man in a hoodie does not = criminal, they can be multimillionaires, Doctors, Lawyers, Entertainers or an avg blue collar worker etc. I wear hoodies, backwards fitted baseball caps, knit caps, Nike boots, Black tees and White tees when I'm out and about because I'm comfortable in it. I wear slacks, button ups and dress shoes 5 days a week when I'm at work sitting in my office at my 6 figure job because I'm comfortable in it.

The problem is just as my parents told me "no matter how much money I make, how big of a home I have, how many degrees I hold, it's not going to matter because to many you are still a ****** and that's all they will see so remember that". People (including AA) have been conditioned to associate negativity to black males, some do it without even thinking about it. That's why it's always a double standard, the degrees of this can vary depending on your city.

Sometimes it's funny to walk down the street and notice ladies move their purse to the other side or hold on to it tighter, or when you walk past a car you hear the doors lock, the funniest is if I'm in an elevator by myself and the doors open and the person waiting starts to step in but looks, hesitates and waits for the next one. I mean look at the amount of disrespect the President of the United States gets, do you really think its only because he is a Democrat....nope it goes deeper than that and everybody even knows he has Caucasian and African roots but that is not what they see.

I really wish some of you could spend a couple days as a Black male and see the world from that perspective, you would then understand the frustration, irritation, distrust and overall feelings that are expressed through out one's life and magnified in cases like this. I commend these guys and everybody that is keeping this in the news because what usually happens is the murder of a black youth is swept under the rug as "just another thug taken care of". I have said it before, it would not need to be any protest or demand for justice if this was a White teenager because the Hispanic male that murdered him would have never made it out of the police station, and when the story hit the net or local news even though he is American everybody would be calling for tougher immigration laws and how it was Presidents Obama fault.
im sure many parents tell their kids to run from strangers but this wasnt an 8 year old walking home from school. are we to assume that if this kid wanted to out run zimmerman he couldnt have???? zimmerman doesnt look like he has missed too many meals....:whistle: Murder? lol hardly!

of course everyone wearing a hoodie doesnt automatically mean they are criminal but the fact still remains hoodies are worn by burglars and car theives on a regular basis to hide their identity.

you say women move their purse to the other side when you walk by you cause they fear it may be stolen. where do think women get that idea from in the first place? or when a black man walks past a car and you hear the doors lock. the fact is young black and hispanic males commit more car jackings then any other race. fact, not opinion.

when people see a young middle eastern man getting on a plane do you think they pay a little more attention to him then others? of course they do. why is that? is it racism or do statistics saying a middle eastern man is more likely to be a suspect in a terroist attack? fact, not opinion.

no different then when people see a young black or hispanic male that they dont recognize in their neighborhood wearing a hoodie with his hands in his pocket trying to distance himself from you. the fact is statistically young black and hispanic males commit more crimes then any other race. thats not an opinion, thats a fact. people develop a pre-conceived notion that a particuar race at a particular age are simply more likely to commit crimes then others. that's reality not racism.

unfortunately it means many black and hispanic males are more likely to be profiled for crimes then other races but the fact is they commit most of the crimes and thats what people see on the news and read in the news papers every day. its only natural for many people to have that idea pre-programmed in their head whether your black, hispanic or white.

90% of victims of race crime are white not black. if fact almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans each year compared with about 132,000 blacks who are murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites.

blacks thus commit 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only 1/7th the size of the white population. on a per capita basis, thats quite an extraordinary disparity. blacks are committing more than 50 times the number of violent racial crimes then whites.

According to the FBI, most inter-racial murders involve black assailants and white victims, with blacks murdering whites at 18 times the rate that whites murder blacks so to think people are just racist is wrong. the facts tell a different story and people are fearful with good reason.

Facts are facts, but I hate how this discussion always gets moved back to white, black, race, etc. Again, I think it's more about the stupidity on both their parts. One, for dressing like a damn thug and being stupid enough to think that people aren't going to think of you differently, and act differently around you. Second, for overreacting and trying to be a vigilante. There were a myriad of other options Zimmerman had which would have led to a secure neighborhood and not taking a life. He chose poorly.

Back