Mgtow...

Y2K81

Registered
Men going their own way... A movement for men to suggest that we were never born to pay for a spouse for the rest of her days due to a failed relationship or that as fathers we are more then just financial support.

MGTOW... A movement for men who are tired of the same old stereotypes placed on us.

Anyone else heard of this... Many of us are suffering without our children.

I have not heard of this but was just talking with a friend about how our state(NY) really screws men. They take a lot of money (based on gross income) for support and alimony and that is after taxes which is usually pretty soul crushing. Turns into a vicious circle of having to work more OT to live a normal life then some exes find out your making more money and take you back to court so they can get paid more. Men have to basically prove the mother is homocidal to get custody around here. The system here in general seems to create more resentment and then the kids suffer even more because parents can't get a long. I'm lucky I'm still married but there has to be a better way.

I have not heard of this but was just talking with a friend about how our state(NY) really screws men. They take a lot of money (based on gross income) for support and alimony and that is after taxes which is usually pretty soul crushing. Turns into a vicious circle of having to work more OT to live a normal life then some exes find out your making more money and take you back to court so they can get paid more. Men have to basically prove the mother is homocidal to get custody around here. The system here in general seems to create more resentment and then the kids suffer even more because parents can't get a long. I'm lucky I'm still married but there has to be a better way.

It is the same in Iowa. If you have an appendage in between your legs you are screwed. Doesnt matter if she cheats or anything else you lose. The state thinks nothing of taking over half of your paychecks a year and more. Not to mention you have to carry the health insurance and then pay 80% or more of the extra medical bills insurance does no cover. In iowa proving the mother is unfit isnt going to happen regardless of founded reports of neglect etc. State does not really care. The states newest gig is to charge the fathers for paying child support now too. They charge like 20 dollars a month for administration fees, talk about a racket.

yes, see also Mike cernovich gorilla mindset. Men are treated as a subspecies right now in the west.

I'm going to preface my comment by saying that I completely disagree with the way men are abused by the system in many cases, however the old saying does apply here. "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". I'm 47, and I watched my older brothers and their friends get hosed over 30 years ago, so this isn't a new development. I chose not to put myself in the position to get screwed over by not having children. While I understand that I'm in the minority in this case, it's hard to feel too bad for my own friends who are dealing with these types of "self inflicted" wounds. Kinda like the bikes we ride, we must be willing to accept the consequences of our actions, regardless of who might be at fault. With that all being said, I will now don my fire suit in preparation for your comments.:devil:

Where's my flamethrower??? :fire:

I don't have enough time here to say everything I want to say so I'll keep it short.

I was married at 22 (yes, too young) and my daughter is now 25. I was married for 3 years before she came along. I chose to leave the family when my daughter was 5 because if I stayed with the egg donor another day I wouldn't be here today. That would have been by my own hand.

Fact is, people DO change. She was no longer the woman I married (has a lot to do with lack of maturity I know) and I was not interested in living my life according to her new rules. So I did what I thought was best for my daughter and moved out of state. I tried to take the high road. I never spoke bad of the egg donor and never threatened her in any way. She took the low road. She would call my work to try to get me fired. Called the cops to say I was threatening her (I'm in CA, she was in CO). She kidnapped my daughter during a visitation and I had to have a private investigator find her (in Arizona). That's just the icing on this cake. After all that and more she was never once arrested. She wasn't even given a slap on the wrist. Me? Oh I got a temporary restraining order filed on me. I got threatened with jailtime. I had to spend thousands on attorneys to fight her ridiculous claims. You know what the courts did? "She has to maintain a household for when your daughter visits her. So even though you have full custody you're going to pay $1,250/month child support because she's destitute". Yeah, F me. I'm not asking for your sympathy. I'm asking that the system be CHANGED.

I think any parent receiving child support (male or female) should have to account for how the money is being spent, with receipts. I was penalized because I happen to be a male who has a good career. She got to sit back, collect child support and welfare and had a good life till my daughter turned 19. Oh yeah, child support until she was 19. Thanks Colorado. I'm not bitter. I'm glad it's over and my daughter has disowned her for the way she treated her and tried to use her. When my daughter turned 19 I gave her all of the court files and said "here you go, read if you want".

Rant over. for now. :banana: Thanks for the group therapy session.

Where's my flamethrower??? :fire:

I don't have enough time here to say everything I want to say so I'll keep it short.

I was married at 22 (yes, too young) and my daughter is now 25. I was married for 3 years before she came along. I chose to leave the family when my daughter was 5 because if I stayed with the egg donor another day I wouldn't be here today. That would have been by my own hand.

Fact is, people DO change. She was no longer the woman I married (has a lot to do with lack of maturity I know) and I was not interested in living my life according to her new rules. So I did what I thought was best for my daughter and moved out of state. I tried to take the high road. I never spoke bad of the egg donor and never threatened her in any way. She took the low road. She would call my work to try to get me fired. Called the cops to say I was threatening her (I'm in CA, she was in CO). She kidnapped my daughter during a visitation and I had to have a private investigator find her (in Arizona). That's just the icing on this cake. After all that and more she was never once arrested. She wasn't even given a slap on the wrist. Me? Oh I got a temporary restraining order filed on me. I got threatened with jailtime. I had to spend thousands on attorneys to fight her ridiculous claims. You know what the courts did? "She has to maintain a household for when your daughter visits her. So even though you have full custody you're going to pay $1,250/month child support because she's destitute". Yeah, F me. I'm not asking for your sympathy. I'm asking that the system be CHANGED.

I think any parent receiving child support (male or female) should have to account for how the money is being spent, with receipts. I was penalized because I happen to be a male who has a good career. She got to sit back, collect child support and welfare and had a good life till my daughter turned 19. Oh yeah, child support until she was 19. Thanks Colorado. I'm not bitter. I'm glad it's over and my daughter has disowned her for the way she treated her and tried to use her. When my daughter turned 19 I gave her all of the court files and said "here you go, read if you want".

Rant over. for now. :banana: Thanks for the group therapy session.

Sadly, this is the case more and more now days. My situation is very similar and i will go no further. My pain is current and will continue for 8.5 years more...

Google Fathers for equal rights. That outfit and many others are listed and are in many states. I successfully dealt with similar custody issues with their help in the late 80s. My ex paid me child support for some time. Get a copy of the Parental Bill Of Rights. Petition the appropriate court in the state and county that has jurisdiction, for a (reasonable) modification of the current court order...based on a difference in circumstances, on your part or hers. Never NEVER allow the words 'visitation' in any court order. You're not a baby sitter. They're as much your children as hers and you have just as much right to be the 'primary custodial parent' as she does. Good luck.

I'm going to preface my comment by saying that I completely disagree with the way men are abused by the system in many cases, however the old saying does apply here. "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". I'm 47, and I watched my older brothers and their friends get hosed over 30 years ago, so this isn't a new development. I chose not to put myself in the position to get screwed over by not having children. While I understand that I'm in the minority in this case, it's hard to feel too bad for my own friends who are dealing with these types of "self inflicted" wounds. Kinda like the bikes we ride, we must be willing to accept the consequences of our actions, regardless of who might be at fault. With that all being said, I will now don my fire suit in preparation for your comments.:devil:

The problem sir is that having children seems to be a crime these days. I speak to no violence but refusing to allow a dad to see the kids he raised for 4yrs because you don't like him anymore needs to be made a crime as bad as murder.

Parental alienation is the catalyst for MGTOW

I should know... I haven't seen my babies in 3yrs because her lawyer wants to show me he has more power. Bullets aren't good enough for ppl like that and these idiots are running the world.

Ahhhhh, a subject near and dear to most everyone I know.........sadly, men are nailed to the wall by the system, usually because for some silly reason there are those that think women should raise the kids the majority of the time and that we (women) can't take care of ourselves, so of course you guys have to foot the bill while we become the martyrs we will tell our children and friends we are since the marriage didn't work out, we're raising these kids alone, you're such a schmuck... :cursin:

Thankfully I was raised by my Dad, and by him alone starting at the age of 11 or 12. He raised 2 daughters, alone. I grew up seeing the system in a very different way, that moms sometimes don't make the best decisions and don't deserve the credit or the money, and that a single Dad can and will make every sacrifice for his daughters. I know this much, when my marriage failed, I wanted nothing from my ex except for him to be a good Dad to our sons, and to be able to afford to exist just as I wanted to be able to afford to exist. I didn't want him to pay my way, or give me child support, nor did I want to pay him. I also didn't want my kids to think that seeing Dad every Wednesday and every other weekend was a normal thing. We were fortunate enough to live minutes from each other and our kids adjusted as well as expected to being in 2 homes, mine one week, his the next. We also never exchanged money. I work, he works, we care for our kids, apart, since the moment we split up.

Here's the big problem, IMHO, and there are moms out there that will fight me on this, but I say to them you can't have it both ways - you can't be an independent woman AND hold your hand out, especially if your marriage fails. If you weren't working during the marriage and things go south, guess what sweetheart, go get a job. Life is changing for everyone in the home, yours included mom. I have always worked, and always will unless there's a winning lottery ticket out there with my name on it. Parents need to understand that kids need to see raising kids is NOT a handout from one parent, it's a joint effort, especially if you two split up. It's not on Dad's back to financially back everything while Mom maintains the lifestyle she's accustomed to because that's what she always did...sorry, join the real world and how about you step up and show your children responsibility.

Oh I could write a book on what I've seen moms do to avoid just growing up and accepting that your free ride is over, and to the men that opted to marry in to that to begin with? I'll never get it. I tell my sons and step-son today, DO NOT marry a woman that says she wants to stay at home and raise the kids. Sorry - nowadays, it takes TWO, don't ever forget that....

:soapbox:

Ahhhhh, a subject near and dear to most everyone I know.........sadly, men are nailed to the wall by the system, usually because for some silly reason there are those that think women should raise the kids the majority of the time and that we (women) can't take care of ourselves, so of course you guys have to foot the bill while we become the martyrs we will tell our children and friends we are since the marriage didn't work out, we're raising these kids alone, you're such a schmuck... :cursin:

Thankfully I was raised by my Dad, and by him alone starting at the age of 11 or 12. He raised 2 daughters, alone. I grew up seeing the system in a very different way, that moms sometimes don't make the best decisions and don't deserve the credit or the money, and that a single Dad can and will make every sacrifice for his daughters. I know this much, when my marriage failed, I wanted nothing from my ex except for him to be a good Dad to our sons, and to be able to afford to exist just as I wanted to be able to afford to exist. I didn't want him to pay my way, or give me child support, nor did I want to pay him. I also didn't want my kids to think that seeing Dad every Wednesday and every other weekend was a normal thing. We were fortunate enough to live minutes from each other and our kids adjusted as well as expected to being in 2 homes, mine one week, his the next. We also never exchanged money. I work, he works, we care for our kids, apart, since the moment we split up.

Here's the big problem, IMHO, and there are moms out there that will fight me on this, but I say to them you can't have it both ways - you can't be an independent woman AND hold your hand out, especially if your marriage fails. If you weren't working during the marriage and things go south, guess what sweetheart, go get a job. Life is changing for everyone in the home, yours included mom. I have always worked, and always will unless there's a winning lottery ticket out there with my name on it. Parents need to understand that kids need to see raising kids is NOT a handout from one parent, it's a joint effort, especially if you two split up. It's not on Dad's back to financially back everything while Mom maintains the lifestyle she's accustomed to because that's what she always did...sorry, join the real world and how about you step up and show your children responsibility.

Oh I could write a book on what I've seen moms do to avoid just growing up and accepting that your free ride is over, and to the men that opted to marry in to that to begin with? I'll never get it. I tell my sons and step-son today, DO NOT marry a woman that says she wants to stay at home and raise the kids. Sorry - nowadays, it takes TWO, don't ever forget that....

:soapbox:

I couldnt agree more. Sadly Vabs, the majority and i mean the overwhelming majority of women do Not think like you. (Probably why you ride a Busa...Good common sense!@)

I couldnt agree more. Sadly Vabs, the majority and i mean the overwhelming majority of women do Not think like you. (Probably why you ride a Busa...Good common sense!@)

Maybe so...I actually brought up this subject/thread over dinner last night with my sons. They're now 14 and 16, and I reminded them of what I keep telling them - do not let your future wife say "I want to stay home and raise kids". I told them again that it takes two, and just always try to remember that...

Hey, I'm doing my part here! And trust me guys, I truly feel for Dads' rights. Women rip men's lives apart solely for revenge; only victims in that when children are involved are the children. I really wish the judicial system saw this simple fact.

Here's the rule: If you are physically and/or emotionally attracted to someone then don't let a marriage spoil it. If you look at someone and say wow, that's someone I would go into business with then marry them. Love is a part of it, but only a part of it! I'm being sort of silly here but only sort of silly. I've seen women who think that carrying your baby for 9 months means they get half of everything you have for the rest of your life even if they are useless partners. But I have also seen couples who mutually decided to have one work and the other raise kids. Then the man decides to leave and the woman finds herself with no marketable skills and she's been talking to babies all day for 10 years. If you have a daughter, tell them to always protect themselves. Work so you have something you can fall back on. It will keep your self esteem up, keep your mind fresh, and most of all keep your foot in the job market if it ever becomes necessary due to divorce, sickness or just hard times.

Back