Metz MZ4

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I just saw a GSXR with a MeZ4 rear on it that had LOTS of meat on it.  Anyone with any experience with this tire?  I always want a good sticky cornering tire but for touring, I was wondering if this one was any good.  I currently run PPs.

I ran those on my st1100 and they never scared me once, they also lasted 8000 miles. I had enough confidence in them to scrape pegs more than once and that was on a 750# motorcycle. There was a major power diff between the st and the busa so I wouldn't expect to get near the mileage on the busa. That tire has been replaced by the ME Z6 roadtech. It is supposed to stick better with the same wear traits, although I don't know anyone who has tried them.

(blue83camaro @ Apr. 02 2007,11:25) That tire has been replaced by the ME Z6 roadtech. It is supposed to stick better with the same wear traits, although I don't know anyone who has tried them.
+1 you may be able to find em still but Metzeler no longer makes em. The Z6 is IMHO a very good tire. I have one matched up with an M3 front at the moment and am ecstatic over this combo!

Back