Metal valve stems. any to be had local

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Just got my wheel back and would rather a metal deg'ed one while i'm at it! Any found em local? Pep boys autozone Zukster shop etc
rock.gif
     Hole is 0.453 sound rite?

bowdown.gif

Enkei%20-%20Bent%20-%20Pair%20-%20Small.jpg

Any motorcycle shop that sell and mounts tires should have them
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see. Do they come in black? Pain in the azz to check and change pressure with factory setup.
beerchug.gif

I'll let all know where i have to go to get em. Sportschrome fixed me up with the wheel that was peeling BTW Great folks. and thanks to Cloud Nine for the help.
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

I just got back from riding around in the smug/heat here today
rock.gif
Man its hot!! Feels like 80 at least. I could hardly bear to keep my summer perforated Joe on!
poke.gif
Anyway i wound up with rubber base, metal chrome looking ones from Zuki shop $3.45 + tx ea 45deg cause all but one place i went to said valve stems aren't made to be used past the tire change out? and even then no more than 3 years old in this climate  
argue.gif
The all metal with nuts on back is only recommended for race applications where psi and temps could be excessive! Tire technician there said they fail more than the regular rubber ones cause they are centrifugally stressed and will leak during long trips Geez  
all_coholic.gif
Hey i'm gona post as i go with the chrome rim/tires.
super.gif

A day in the garage tinkerin.... Give me your opinion. And don't burn your retina's with my reflectors.
As if you care! I'm posting anyway. What do you think of the chrome wheels? I'm kinda up in the air over them. It just doesn't do much on my blue and silver. Can't change the color cause it won't be the fastest anymore. I like the candy chrome i saw on the sportschrome and other sites. The angled valve stem takes a bit of finessing to get in the hole its tight. Abit of armor all with a box end wrench to pry/pull it thru worked though. That was the hardest of the task today! other than pumpin with a cheap bicycle pump to 50psi to set bead.
lurk.gif

I put the straight metal double nutted ones on mine, with a little tread locker.  I ordered them off the internet.  I put them on the last time I changed the tires.

DSC02784-1.jpg

Any online store or
pjsparts.com

Go with angled. Makes life so much easier.

runeight...

103_0309.JPG

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 02 2006,14:41) A day in the garage tinkerin.... Give me your opinion. And don't burn your retina's with my reflectors.
As if you care! I'm posting anyway. What do you think of the chrome wheels? I'm kinda up in the air over them. It just doesn't do much on my blue and silver. Can't change the color cause it won't be the fastest anymore. I like the candy chrome i saw on the sportschrome and other sites. The angled valve stem takes a bit of finessing to get in the hole its tight. Abit of armor all with a box end wrench to pry/pull it thru worked though. That was the hardest of the task today! other than pumpin with a cheap bicycle pump to 50psi to set bead.
lurk.gif

My Album of today.

AOL.com Images Not Available
Guess who said this ?

8Daytona8  
Seasoned Pilot

Group: Donating Member
Port Orange, FL Just S of Daytona.
 Posted on: Nov. 19 2006,18:18        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chrome! Always needing cleaned.     [/Quote]

laugh.gif
 Welcome to the shiney side Playa, I knew you had a little Pimp in ya.  
tounge.gif

I think the chrome and blue goes perfectly together !

Heres my first Busa when I was younger and didn't know the grey and silver Busa was the fastiest color.  
biggrin.gif

RhythmBusa.jpg

Rhythm1.jpg

Rhythm4.jpg

Rhythm2.jpg

Rhythm5.jpg

race.gif

(Powers739 @ Dec. 02 2006,18:23) I put the straight metal double nutted ones on mine, with a little tread locker.  I ordered them off the internet.  I put them on the last time I changed the tires.

DSC02784-1.jpg
Dude! Did you want to post a pic of the stem or that <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>NO CHICKEN STRIP BLISTERED TIRE</span></span>  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

super.gif

bowdown.gif

This was the only picture that I had that showed the metal valve stem, if you look at the far side of the rim. Sorry about the tire bit, i will be replacing it soon.....

(8Daytona8 @ Dec. 02 2006,14:41) A day in the garage tinkerin.... Give me your opinion. And don't burn your retina's with my reflectors.
lurk.gif

My Album of today.

AOL.com Images Not Available

Sorry for the thread jacking, but I just noticed the difference between the 8Daytona8's TRS Can and mine, his has TRS on the tag and mine doesn't have "TRS" on it.  I was just wondering why the difference?
rock.gif

DSC00690.jpg

Being a bit modest aren't you! If i could scrub one that far to the edge only Nicky, could email me
rock.gif

bowdown.gif
I'd keep it for bragin rights. I was accused of sand paperin mine!!
all_coholic.gif

I think mine are the old style ones with Busa Kanji ?? on the end . I got em from the Yoshi New old stock site they have, back when i got her
rock.gif

beerchug.gif

I like the stands, very functional and allows you to spend the money on other stuff.  I have the Kanji symbol at the ends too, I think it's just a difference in years.

DSC01862.jpg

Back