METAL SHAVINGS

Raghav

Registered
Hi all

Firstly Let me thank each an everyone who has helped me with there knowledge and time, much appreciated.

Secondly I have drained out my engine oil and i found very small metal part on the drain plug, i am a little concerned about it, i would say not really big or not too many, just a little bigger than the microscopic particles. The particle can be seen in the picture.

I am sure with the engine running with the right lubrication there is still a possibility to have metal shavings on the drain plug.

However i am paranoid and worried.
Senior help

Thanks

20190611_142743.jpg

20190611_142746.jpg

20190611_142729.jpg

20190611_142737.jpg

20190611_142733.jpg

That is nothing to be concerned or worried about.
Very small amounts as fine as silt filling up the area around the center pin is normal.
Those steel fragments are usually from the gear teeth, normal wear and tear, and what I see there in the pics is the same as every motorcycle drain plug magnet I have seen at each oil change.
I work in a Suzuki dealership workshop every day servicing and repairing bikes.
Sleep soundly tonight my friend . . . everything is ok with your Busa. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
That is nothing to be concerned or worried about.
Those steel fragments are from the gear teeth, normal wear and tear, and what I see there in the pics is the same as every motorcycle drain plug magnet I have seen at each oil change.
I work in a Suzuki dealership workshop every day servicing and repairing bikes.
Sleep soundly tonight my friend . . . everything is ok with your Busa. :thumbsup:
Haha if only i could meet u and tell u.... ur beers on me mate... thanxx...

Haha if only i could meet u and tell u.... ur beers on me mate... thanxx...
You are most welcome Raghav, my pleasure to know I have helped someone FREE of charge!!
We are all here to help, that's why this forum is so good, full of good people. And you are one of them too!
What is your line of work? Maybe you could help us with your skills and experience one day?

I was just reading about this, to early to comment, what i could infer frm the articles, it says it was raining and he was waiting for the weather to get clear, how ever in d end he continued, can be a lot of reasons may be due rain the visibility was down and that coupled with an onboard emergency could have lead to this catastrophe.i am sure there's a lot hidden in that FDR and CVR. Rip his soul , prayers for his family, always sad to see some one losing there life. Good bless all.

Haha that explains it, I am a helicopter mechanic so I deal with your kind every day! LOL The busa chip plug is never as clean as the ones in our Turbomeca's
Oo wow.... i was wondering about the magnetic drain plug in the main gear box, everytime the engineer takes it out while the MGB is refilled, they are very concerned when any metal particles found on it... hence the apprehension.... helicopters are complex, damn everything in it is rotating, and that poor guy just trying to prevent the fuselage from rotating.

Oo wow.... i was wondering about the magnetic drain plug in the main gear box, everytime the engineer takes it out while the MGB is refilled, they are very concerned when any metal particles found on it... hence the apprehension.... helicopters are complex, damn everything in it is rotating, and that poor guy just trying to prevent the fuselage from rotating.
Most of that crap on your Busa plug is clutch. The gearboxes dont have any wearable stuff so yes metal shavings are bad. Thats why your helicopter has chip lights, just for that reason.

Reactions: c10
Hahaha... m of the same height too... i once stood close to a globemaster... and i felt like a midget... i dnt go close to dem....anymore...

Yeah looks cool, but this boy looks small in front a C5 galaxy, never seen though, just a documentary, if i could turn back time and get my hands on the TOMCAT. Really loved that one.

The GE on a C5 has a diameter of 97" and thrust of 43,000 lb, The GE on the 777 I am standing in has a diameter of 123" and a thrust of 90,000 lb The GE90 on the 777 has the most thrust of any engine made (for airplanes, no NASA poop lol) Newer ones are upto 127,000

Back