metal in belly pan

big franks

Registered
well i went to wash the bike today, and when i looked down in the belly pan, i saw alot of small (sand size) chunks of metal in there... they were a little oily also.... anyone have any clue to what this might be? only thing i could think of is that the chain was a little loose and the front sprocket was getting eaten up? thanks

any one have any clue what this could be? i didnt have any time to tear into it today, but i will look at it later.... i just hope it isnt something expensive...

Oily? or greasy? could be just sand. whens the last time you cleaned your chain? also remember to take off the front sprocket cover to clean around the front of the chain.
beerchug.gif

so is this really common with the busa's or something need to be fixed? this is the first time ive had the bike out in 3 years since joining the military

You'll need to pull the sprocket cover to find the extent of wear. If the wear is bad enough it will need to be fixed or you'll risk having more damage.

BTW. Thank you for your service!
beerchug.gif

Chainoil covered grit and debri. Normal stuff. Ever pull of the sprocket cover? There's usually a bunch of crap built up in there if it's been awhile.

Back