Met a legend last thurs...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
D. Bertolucci a living legend in the Custom Car & Hot Rod World. Has been written up in many mags... My dads car club set up a tour for us in Sacramento about 90 miles from my house. He started in the 1940's while his was a teenager.

He also raced, ALOT!  Bikes, cars, trucks ... whatever.

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119754922 -->

b1.jpg

His full scale auto body shop was the finest I have seen where he has over 50 employees that repair all modern cars. As for his classic and custom cars he still does mostly all himself and his long time friend does most of the engine work. He had sevral race cars he built and races. He also showed us his full rail dragster with a Chevy 6 cyl. that he will be racing in 2 weeks against V8's and he has turned mid 7's in the 1/4. He lead us around on this tour and i was amzed at his ability's yet he was friendly and humble. He used to compete against my Dad in car shows back in the 50's and he spoke very highly of my pop. And the final thing that blew me away was how sharp & focused he is, how perfect his cars were and did I mention he's only 77 years old!
wow.gif

Thank Mr. Bertolucci your one in a Mill.

b8.jpg

wow...I had no idea we had a legend here in town...I remember his name from reading hot rod mags since i was a little dude......does he ever open to the general public, Kent, or do you need to know someone to get in??
Either way....I'm stoked you got to see some fine looking rides!!

We have George Barris here in town also. He graduated from San Juan HS here in Citrus Heights. Loved to see the custom cars he came up with for TV and other venues. Never know where you will run into famous people.

wow...I had no idea we had a legend here in town...I remember his name from reading hot rod mags since i was a little dude......does he ever open to the general public, Kent, or do you need to know someone to get in??
Either way....I'm stoked you got to see some fine looking rides!!
According to the article in the recent "Goodys Gazette" he is happy to show folks around ( and he really did seem to get a kick out of it ) You just need to call in advance. It's Bertolucci's Auto Body should be in the phone book.

We have George Barris here in town also. He graduated from San Juan HS here in Citrus Heights. Loved to see the custom cars he came up with for TV and other venues. Never know where you will run into famous people.
Yep, Dad knows George Barris well also and actually won 1st place over Barris in a competition once in the Oakland national rodster custom show once. I think it was about 1959.

Awesome! That red vette has the most incredible paint I've ever seen in a pic, so I'm sure it was amazing in person...

Looks like a good time Kent...wow...
cool.gif

Back