Met a great man today...USMC retired.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
This guy was a tough old nut to crack but I enjoyed every minute of it. He was a USMC recon pilot in WWII Pacific theater. He flew a Grumman F6 Hellcat. You cannot name an area or island that this guy didnt fly over. Since I love history and studied WWII in school we had a great conversation. He was telling me about flying low 100ft recon missions over ongoing fights and seeing men locked in battle. All the while he was getting shot at with no real way to defend himself as most guns on the plane had been replaced with cameras. It was an honor to meet and help him with his decision to buy a new Lincoln. Before he left as always I snapped this picture of us together.

Been there done that True American Hero this guy was. :bowdown:

e1d08b16.jpg

HELLCAT!

I grew up reading stories of fighter aces from WWII. The greatest generation.

Yes when he said 'Oh I was a Hellcat pilot, Pacific theater' the convo all the sudden changed from cars to his story. We spent about four hours talking and getting to know one another. After that it took about five minutes to sell him the car. I was very intrigued by him because he was not a fighter pilot but yet he flew right out there with zeros and other enemy planes with no real defense. He said he spent alot of time in the clouds hiding until he reached his destination and then would descend to take pics and vids.

Nothing but respect!!! My favorite wwII plane was the p-38 dont see many of them annymore :(

Kinda strange you posted this Blanca because I had the same kinda Fellow come into my shop today. What True Americans these MEN ARE !!!!!!!!!

:bowdown:

thanks for sharing his story, i never get tired of hearing them tell their stories just makes me more proud of our country and the folks defending it.:thumbsup:

I love those stories too. My wife's granddad was an Army supply sergeant in WWII. He was there for 3 1/2 years, and he said he marched across half of Europe:laugh: He has so many cool stories and brought back 3 Nazi officer swords and 4 different large knives, the stuff still looks new,
He just turned 93 on Saturday!

Who's that shady lookin dude with the old marine? Looks like a car salesman:rofl:

At a glance I thought it said USMC retard :rofl::rofl: I took a second look at it and was relieved :laugh:

Those old guys are some toughies. I consider it much easier nowadays. More technology and better weaponry

Back