Mesh screen fairing mod...

A light epoxy is what most use to get them on :beerchug:
If you buy a kit, good sellers include the epoxy like mine did :thumbsup:

They make plastic epoxy,a two part mix ,can get it at parts store but some are better than others..i like the kind that mixes the two tubes as it comes out..

Im going to the parts store, tomorrow i saw autozone had some kinda mesh screen ..ill make my own before i buy a kit..

Lowe's gutter screen used here. I tacked them in w/ plastic soldering iron (just to hold in position) then came back through w/ high temp RV silicon around entire screen. Never had a problem.
That 5 minute "set" time epoxy would work great too I recon. It'll take awhile mixing it up and spreading it around each cut out though.
Good luck to ya.... Look forward in seeing your project completion when done.

PICT0856.jpg

Lowes gutter screen, i might check that out..does it come in black ?

No, but they also sell paint in a can.

Spray 'em then pop them in the oven to bake 'em

Look up some threads by blanca. He has done some fine work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do u have a better pic of the screen?

Sorry... Not on the bike.. I'm in the process of pulling engine. Here's a few I just snapped hang'n' ; kinda dusty up there...lol (and a piece of the screen as you would see it on the shelf at lowes.)
I tried black gloss and flat black; just did'nt look as good as the aluminum. (did'nt "pop" out at ya) Think the aluminum (no paint) contrasts well w/ the stock frame and colors of my bike.
If you plan to go this route... its important to keep the pattern the same as they are on the nose.. up and down

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

I bought a sheet of mesh at home depot for mine. Plenty for couple of bikes and you can paint it.

That mesh looks really good on your bike, but i think it might look funny on my bike??? Thats why i was thing about painting it black..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305439248.741956.jpg

That mesh looks really good on your bike, but i think it might look funny on my bike??? Thats why i was thing about painting it black..

+1.... There was a member that use to make them and had them triple chrome plated... That would look sweet on yours w/ the black and chrome and all.
There are some on FeeBay that are chrome but I've heard bad things of them chipping and peeling and such. If you go with the black spray paint....+1 on baking them after the paint.
Don't know if that member still makes the triple chrome plated ones or not...Someone may chime in and confirm.

Back