mesh mod

rockadaous

mod-a-holic
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:blue'>I pulled the plastic and went for it. I don't think it turned out too bad. Did ncpanther01 the next day. another mod down several to go...</span>

DSC03949.JPG

Very nice!

I will do a search on how it is done. I've been seeing that on alot of photos here but wasn't sure what it was called.

(hayabusa626 @ Oct. 11 2006,10:21) Very nice!

I will do a search on how it is done. I've been seeing that on alot of photos here but wasn't sure what it was called.
the hardest part is pulling the plastics. it's easy
go to lowes and pickup some gutter guard or purchase high dollar mesh off the net

pull plastic

cut to shape

pickup epoxy while at lowes. I used a putty type material that turns to steel. wal-mart.

let dry.

put plastic back on.... here's a pic with some duct tape hold'n em in place while it dries.

thanks for the compliments.

Anyone used the powder coated colored ones??

By the way your bike looks good.

Looks real good. This is one of those it's so simple its scary mods. Just make sure you bow the screen about the large openings and your golden.

(KRUZIN @ Oct. 11 2006,16:34) Where did you get the mesh?
lowes
biggrin.gif
it's gutter guard $7. it'll do 2 bikes (front and back) you can pick up some from ebay pre-cut. I think they wanted $50

chrome mesh $70 <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-GSXR-1300-CHROME-FAIRING-SCREENS-GRILLS_W0QQitemZ330037430405QQihZ014QQcat
egoryZ34284QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">mesh</a>

Been thinking lately that I needed to do the same mod. I've read about it and seen it on bikes in the pics, just need to go ahead and do it. I think its a nice look. Great job by the way! Wasn't sure on my 06 LE if I would paint the screens a white or silver though.

(dtshortt @ Oct. 12 2006,04:32) Been thinking lately that I needed to do the same mod. I've read about it and seen it on bikes in the pics, just need to go ahead and do it.  I think its a nice look. Great job by the way! Wasn't sure on my 06 LE if I would paint the screens a white or silver though.
the screens come satin grey. white would look good. Jump out there and do it. It doesn't take long. just take your time. have a pair of wire cutters (dikes) handy. the mesh is real soft and easy to bend. good luck and post pics when your finished.

Back