Memorial Ride for MPD!

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
This was forwarded from Mikes Brother to me today.

Let me know if anyone will be able to attend.

We have just confirmed the only day we can get in August is August 1st, so this will be the date we do ride and then concert for Mike. Hopefully that works or can rearrange any plans if need be for that date.

So at this point need to figure out times for ride and concert etc. etc. (The music has to end of 8:30’ish this year so we’ll plan on starting concert part at 4:30pm.) So ride should be like 1:00 to 3:30 or 2:00 till 4:00 or something… whatever you thinks best Jay…

AUGUST 1st – MPD Benefit
- Ride: Start at Greeley and End at Greeley Park Pavilion (2:00 - 4:00pm)
- Concert: Greeley Park Pavilion (4:30pm - 8:30pm)

I’ll be designing and creating flyers for this event. There will be 3 flyers; One Full Ride and Concert, 1 just Ride and 1 just Concert – so we’ll hopefully get a bunch of people to donate and what not. We’ll also solicit various businesses to donate raffles and prizes for drawings and 50/50 cash giveaway…

During this we will get some food vendors and ice cream vendors to show up. We’re working on getting the American Heart Association or at least a representative there as well. If you know of any vendors let’s get them on a list we can call to figure out if they want to attend and donate to Heart Assoc. – It’s a write-off for companies. Maybe RJ’s, Vendors that go to the track, vendors that knew Mike well, etc. etc.

- M&J Sports and Apparel will screen t-shirts. We’ll have a special Band shirt with Mike on it – then we can figure out the Bike type shirt and remember type of shirt as well. I will be designing a “Remember†Shirt from song I wrote for this too!

- We need to get full slide show prepared that will be projected during the concert. This doesn’t have to have tons and tons of photos – but should be as long as possible – maybe an hour of slideshow. (I can make images stay for long duration to make sure the slides last for an entire concert set of 50 to 1 hr 10 mins.)

Here is the website that is set up for this ride! The Michael P. Donaghy Rock and Ride Your Heart Out Annual Benefit

Since I am sure you will be there I will do everything in my power to be there also.

JOhn,

You know I would be there if I could but Deb's leaving for Basic that Wednesday so Im locked down for the week getting her ready to ship out..my thoughts will be with you, I wish I could attend this service for Mikey...I will return your call trhis morning, last night was a loong night and I lost track of calling you back before I passed the heLL out on the couch.

JOhn,

You know I would be there if I could but Deb's leaving for Basic that Wednesday so Im locked down for the week getting her ready to ship out..my thoughts will be with you, I wish I could attend this service for Mikey...I will return your call trhis morning, last night was a loong night and I lost track of calling you back before I passed the heLL out on the couch.

Lycan, passing out at 1900 is not a long night unless you are OLD. Oh wait, you are old. :thumbsup:

I be with you in spirit brother.

Hey! It wasnt 1900 azzhat! More like 1930ish:laugh:Loooooong day at work bro, you know the drill...on a separate note... Im gonna text you in a minute..???

I see how it is, no txts comin this way :p

John I will see if I can make it, lots of things going on leading into that weekend but will do what I can do attend the ride if nothing else :thumbsup:

John....tell Jay I can try to rearrange the slide to include more pics....and I can take the music out. I have a ton I didn't use because I was including VMAN. Let me know if I can help.

John....tell Jay I can try to rearrange the slide to include more pics....and I can take the music out. I have a ton I didn't use because I was including VMAN. Let me know if I can help.

Will do!

A few of us will be up in Cheese land that weekend. Bring my thoughts with you John.

Wish I could make it John.... you know we are there in spirit however...

Just bumping. :thumbsup:

See what kind turn out we can get from the New England Folks.

We haven't meet -up in way to long..........

wish i was closer...like ace said, those of us in Wisconsin that weekend will have you all in our thoughts and prayers

Back